Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I have very mild, yet persistent/scarring acne and it is likely I will be put on 20mg when I see my derm.

I would be extremely happy with 20mg, as it apparently reduces the risk of an initial breakout and serious side effects; however, i'm worried that it might not have much effect on my skin due to the fact that my acne is so mild.

I still want to go on Accutane, as I am determined to rid myself of acne, but my primary concerns are:

- 20mg will be too weak to completely clear my face up.

- If I get an IB for a long time, I would probably have so much more acne then I would have done pre-Accutane.

I would absoulutely recommend to start a low dose, like 20 mg. I weigh 54 kg and I started in january this year on 30mg a day. i got a HORRIBLE breakout, and I couldn't go out in over a month because of this. i had very mild acne when I started, and my skin just exploded on accutane. Never had so many cysts and zits in my entire life. My derm put me down on 20mg for some weeks, and now I'm on 10mg. I've been taking prednisone too, to calm the IB. A lot of research shows that low doses work great for a lot of people. I would so much rather start low and then slowly increase the dose. I do NOT envy anyone the Ib that I had/have.