Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
windskissbg

Is it normal or accutane is doing no good here?

Hey guys I am a sufferer of cystic acne. well i don't have them all over my face just have like 1-2 big cysts esp on my jawlines and upper part of cheeks at a time. They often develop from a clogged blackheads or whiteheads which lie deep down under the skin. I'm already 2 months into my accutane course but right now I'm still broken out with 2 cysts, one of which is small and the other is big and red but not very painful. I am wondering why they still can get too inflamed like that. I'm very dry right now and i suppose the oil production is much decreased so why, why can these black/whiteheads get that much inflamed when they want to get out? Does this mean that accutane is not working? Pls give me some advice cos i'm right now on the verge of depression and i think i've spent too much money on Accutane for nothing at all.

Besides that i've been noticing that whenever i'm broken out even only with 1 big cyst my entire face becomes very bad, the complexion is horrible and the red marks seem darker. Has anyone experienced this? 3 days ago i was still enjoying my very good conplexion but now I'm a sucker sad.gif

it takes 3 to 4 months to really notice improvement. My red marks from scars are still around and I'm almost done with my 5 month course. Even at 3 months I was wondering if I'd ever stop getting cysts.

Don't worry!! It's all worth it in the end! You'll have clear skin in a few months, I know it sounds like forever, but go one day at a time, you'll get there!

I've been on accutane in 2 months and one week now and I have had a really bad breakout. But i think it starts calming down now. I'm on prednisone though, cause of my bad IB. The thing that sucks is that my skin looked sooo much better before I started accutane, and I kind of miss it. But I know I have to hang in there and hope for the best. I've read many places that people really start seeing results around the 3rd month, so I'm crossing my fingers. "Good" to know that I'm not alone. I've been hiding my self and avoided going out and stuff, because of the breakout. it's been horrible.

But it WILL work for us too. It is pretty normal with a bad IB and people have been through it before, with great results in the end.

Hang in there! I know just how hard it is as i'm going through the exact same!!

thank you guys for your nice supporting words.

The problem is i read some post on these boards and some say that around month 2 or so they still break out but the zits get dried up crazily fast like today they get them and tomorrow they have them all dry and like dying down. So I'm like jealous and nervous with the progress I am making. It's like I'm getting nowhere. :(

The problem is i read some post on these boards and some say that around month 2 or so they still break out but the zits get dried up crazily fast like today they get them and tomorrow they have them all dry and like dying down. So I'm like jealous and nervous with the progress I am making. It's like I'm getting nowhere. :(

I know how you feel ... I'm in my third month and haven't seen any significant improvement.. it's been getting me down lately!

it takes 3 to 4 months to really notice improvement. My red marks from scars are still around and I'm almost done with my 5 month course. Even at 3 months I was wondering if I'd ever stop getting cysts.

Don't worry!! It's all worth it in the end! You'll have clear skin in a few months, I know it sounds like forever, but go one day at a time, you'll get there!

So as approaching the end of ur course are u still getting cysts or u are now cyst free? Can you describe your state of before and after the point when u started to see improvements pls?

I know how you feel ... I'm in my third month and haven't seen any significant improvement.. it's been getting me down lately!

Oh yes it's very frustrating. esp when what i see is just red marks from previous acne which are very obvious and seem to take forever to go away, and some pretty little dents which have nothing to do with acne scars thanks to Accutane. :(

I've been on accutane in 2 months and one week now and I have had a really bad breakout. But i think it starts calming down now. I'm on prednisone though, cause of my bad IB. The thing that sucks is that my skin looked sooo much better before I started accutane, and I kind of miss it. But I know I have to hang in there and hope for the best. I've read many places that people really start seeing results around the 3rd month, so I'm crossing my fingers. "Good" to know that I'm not alone. I've been hiding my self and avoided going out and stuff, because of the breakout. it's been horrible.

But it WILL work for us too. It is pretty normal with a bad IB and people have been through it before, with great results in the end.

Hang in there! I know just how hard it is as i'm going through the exact same!!

Yes I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us hoping that this month is gonna be the month when the significant improvements turn to life :)

I understand ur feeling. I've been shutting myself away too and I just get out of the house for some specific purposes that I can't really avoid.

The important thing is that u are still uplifted and keeping high hopes, I can see that. Thanks for giving me hopes too.

So as approaching the end of ur course are u still getting cysts or u are now cyst free? Can you describe your state of before and after the point when u started to see improvements pls?

Cysts? no, no cysts. I may have gotten some a month ago, but none anymore. My skin is smooth to the touch. When I started my derm said I had severe acne. My skin hurt to touch. Around the second month I hadn't seen much improvement at all. I still broke out, not as bad as usual. Cysts still popped up occasionally and stayed for quite a while. White heads didn't dry up as quickly as I'd heard other people's were. My skin also wasn't nearly as dry as other people's seemed to be, except my hands. Month 3, when everyone says you start to see improvement, I saw minimal. Month 4 I had maybe one cyst that went away quick enough, it was more like a large inflamed white head. Now coming to the end of month 5, I've had minor minor breakouts. Like one or two zits on my skin at any given time (and that to me is amazing). But accutane is suppose to keep working even when you've stopped. So i haven't lost hope. But I'm very happy with my results this far.

Cysts? no, no cysts. I may have gotten some a month ago, but none anymore. My skin is smooth to the touch. When I started my derm said I had severe acne. My skin hurt to touch. Around the second month I hadn't seen much improvement at all. I still broke out, not as bad as usual. Cysts still popped up occasionally and stayed for quite a while. White heads didn't dry up as quickly as I'd heard other people's were. My skin also wasn't nearly as dry as other people's seemed to be, except my hands. Month 3, when everyone says you start to see improvement, I saw minimal. Month 4 I had maybe one cyst that went away quick enough, it was more like a large inflamed white head. Now coming to the end of month 5, I've had minor minor breakouts. Like one or two zits on my skin at any given time (and that to me is amazing). But accutane is suppose to keep working even when you've stopped. So i haven't lost hope. But I'm very happy with my results this far.

wow I'm glad for u and glad to hear that u've stopped gettin nasty cysts. So it's true that new zits are going to dry up pretty fast during the later phase of tane course and all the whiteheads will eventually purge out but much less inflamed and go away quickly right? Actually the minor breakouts u're having right now are they coming from clogged whiteheads. Do u have any whiteheads at the moment? How about the redness and dark spot from previous acne?

Pls get respect from me. U're a very strong personality. U gave me hope u know. :)

wow I'm glad for u and glad to hear that u've stopped gettin nasty cysts. So it's true that new zits are going to dry up pretty fast during the later phase of tane course and all the whiteheads will eventually purge out but much less inflamed and go away quickly right? Actually the minor breakouts u're having right now are they coming from clogged whiteheads. Do u have any whiteheads at the moment? How about the redness and dark spot from previous acne?

Pls get respect from me. U're a very strong personality. U gave me hope u know. :)

yeah during the last few months the only zits i've been having is really just stuff that never came up earlier. It isn't puss like, it's dried. Which is kind of odd. I have no whiteheads at the moment that are active, they're fading as the days go on and don't really bother me because they are so small and almost unnoticeable.

The redness and dark spots from scarring, isn't pretty... I'll admit it right now. After being in the cold or excercising (which is in a cold rink) the marks are much more noticable. Also after washing my face. But they fade throughout the day to a mild redness which i have when i wake up and look in the mirror and go "Wow, impressive. My skin looks human today." Then i wash it and say good bye to that thought for a moment. Anyways enough of my rambling!

Glad to have helped!

be patient plz....u are just 2 months on Accutane, right ?....it took me more than 3 months to notice the improvement....trust me....though i stiill have some big cysts in my jawline but my face is cleared 95%....( i'm on 3 month and a half )....

windskissbg, i know its tough, but be patient. Remember, accutane works and reacts differently to every person.

It also depends on your dose, how bad your acne is and alot of other factors.

If you have quite bad acne then give it a few months to really make some drastic changes, i think i have only just started seeing real changes after 3 months as i just went up and down constantly.

broken_love : when u said clear did u mean completely clear from zits, red/dark marks and scars? As i gather u also have or atleast had cysts, did they give u some leftover stubborn red marks that are staying forever? Cos I have mostly red/dark marks and inactive whiteheads and right now just 1 zit on my cheekbone. But on both of my jawlines I have something like huge red patches left behind by huge cysts i so used to get there. I don't really know how to get rid of them :(

TJM: I promise I'll be patient, cos actually there's no other way around for me. Thanks for ur support.

broken_love : when u said clear did u mean completely clear from zits, red/dark marks and scars? As i gather u also have or atleast had cysts, did they give u some leftover stubborn red marks that are staying forever? Cos I have mostly red/dark marks and inactive whiteheads and right now just 1 zit on my cheekbone. But on both of my jawlines I have something like huge red patches left behind by huge cysts i so used to get there. I don't really know how to get rid of them :(

TJM: I promise I'll be patient, cos actually there's no other way around for me. Thanks for ur support.

Keep hanging in there and I hope you're doing well.

Thanks KL_merciless, but actually I'm not doing well both physically and emotionally. I'm feeling very down at the moment. I refuse to do anything, just sit here in front of my laptop and reading these boards like it helps. Hope i can get over it soon.

Guest Blax

I havent updated my log in a long time, but im on my 5th month now I think or just finishing my 4th month and im JUST starting to see some SLOW improvements. I have the same as u more or less, some scarring (or i think its scarring im not sure what it is yet) and red spots. Not to much ACTIVE acne just those spots and the scarring. Its funny though im on the same vitamins to more or less im on Fish Oils (Help with redness of scarring so im told) and 2 tane pills a day and B50 complex vitamins or something.

Anyways, dont get down on yourself, I know it sucks seeing everyone with clear skin and they dont even seem to notice it. And I know it sucks waiting and shit but, in the end if you see at least a LITTLE improvement its goin to be worth it.

It just sucks that everyones self-esteem goes down so low.

Thanks. That definitely give me hope. I've only been on accutane for 13 days, but have already experienced my IB.. kind of disheartening, but I know that it happens to alot of people while on the drug so I'm trying to keep strong. It seems like my cream is breaking me out more than anything else though..