Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
help meee

aquaphor vs vaseline

Been on tane 14days and hasn't been fun yet. Lips are becoming ridiculously dry. During day I slather on anything that doesnt make me look like a dribbling, white lipped fool about every 30 minutes and everytime I eat and drink. At night I have been slathering on the aquaphor and it just isn't doing enough. Has anyone tried straight vaseline or is that no good. Probably a ridiculous question, but looking for some relief

I found Carmex sticks worked the absolute best for me. They kept my lips moist the longest and actually healed them. In the morning when I woke up, compared to all the other lip ointments I used, my lips felt decent, dry but decent.

Guest Blax

Man vaseline is ALL i use. And i dont go gently either, i slather that stuff one. I put a shit load before i go to bed, when i come home from school and a little bit in the morning. Then during school i just use like Blistex or Chapstick to help as much as it can.

Once you start getting nose bleeds(usuallly do) put some on a Q-Tip and put it in ur nose too thatll stop it and keep everything moist in there.

Man vaseline is ALL i use. And i dont go gently either, i slather that stuff one. I put a shit load before i go to bed, when i come home from school and a little bit in the morning. Then during school i just use like Blistex or Chapstick to help as much as it can.

Once you start getting nose bleeds(usuallly do) put some on a Q-Tip and put it in ur nose too thatll stop it and keep everything moist in there.

putting vaseline in your nose can be dangerous though and lead to respiratory problems if it is inhaled accidently. You might not even realize it.

Aquaphor is absolutely amazing. I have no doubt that you will find it more than satisfactory.

Aquaphor is absolutely amazing. I have no doubt that you will find it more than satisfactory.

I really agree. I use Aquaphor instead of Vaseline. ;)

Guest Blax

I dono about that. I mean my dermatoligist recommended it, your not filling your nose with it your just putting a thin layer in it.

To the original poster:

Are you:

-staying hydrated? Remember to drink lots of water during the day. Carry around a bottle to help you remember. Dry body= dry skin.

-Taking any supplements? I found that taking omega-3 supplements and vitamin E has helped.

Good luck.