Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cv147

How fast do pimples develop?

Hello,

I'm having a difficult time figuring out what is causing my chin acne. It would help a lot to know the time frame of a pimple developing. For example, I know the general time is 2 weeks, but I constantly read people saying "I broke out the next day". Is this even possible?

For example, I have some clogged pores on chin and am trying to figure out why. Could it be jojoba oil, which I started 2 days ago? I REALLY wanted this to work but now I'm worried. How far back should I be looking to help determine the cause of a breakout?

I've heard a lot of people say 2 weeks, but in my experience I have broken out the next day. I think it depends on what type of acne you get, for example cysts and nodules will probably take longer to form.

It really depends on your skin, how oily it is naturally, and what toxins, pollutants, or skin care products it is exposed to on a daily basis.

For some pimples it is a gradual process, and others can appear within a day.

I've read that chin acne is usually hormonal.

Thanks for the replies,

I guess there isn't much a guy can do about hormonal acne. I had also read that about chin acne. I've tried so many things, even quit coffee, smoking, sugary foods, they kept coming back. Maybe it wasn't long term enough to see results.