Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prekktonn

jojoba oil questions (ie. does it cause breakouts?)

I just ordered the jojoba oil in hopes that i can mix it in with my moisterizer to aid in getting my skin less dry. I've had good experiences in the past with BP and it's working again except im getting the same old dry skin .. it's not that bad but its enough to bug me and i know its not exactly healthy for my skin. Has anyone had any bad experiences with the jojoba oil? i havent really heard too many terrible things about it. Just trying to get a few pieces of info so i know what im getting into :) .. thanks in advance ..

i've had no bad experiences yet... i started using jojoba oil with my moisturizer about a week ago and no breakouts that i know of that were caused by jojoba oil

Jojoba oil is supposed to be non-comedogenic and not clog pores. Some people have said they have broken out from it though, but it could be other products they are using and they've gotten confused. I've never broken out from it, and have been using it for about four months.

I once read a thread about using the jojoba oil as a.. Not really a scrub.. But just massaging it into your skin for a few minutes to help with the dryness.. So I decided to try it one morning, & I did end up with a few whiteheads. I'm not sure if that's what caused it or not, though. Maybe I just didn't do it right. :shrug:

But other than that, I've been using it with my moisturizer for almost 2 months, & it hasn't caused me to break out at all. It's helped a lot.

It probably depends on your skin type as to whether it will make you break out. Oily skin that is moisturized too much will tend to develop more clogged pores. If you need the extra moisture though, it shouldn't make you break out.

i don't even use moisturizer, just jojoba oil. i slick it on twice a day and it absorbs in about 20 minutes. not only does it not make me break out, but it seems to alleviate a lot of the redness and itching from the bp treatment. of course, everyone is different, and it is possible for ANYONE to be allergic to ANYTHING. as with anything new, try a spot treatment, and if you don;t have a negative reaction, go ahead and use it, but ONLY CHANGE ONE THING AT A TIME. that way you can avoid getting confused about what caused any potential reactions you might have. good luck!