Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
El Sol

Scar treatments on the nose

Has anyone had any scar treatments on their nose?? I have three small icepick scars, 3-4 small scars that stick out, and some very small rolling scars. I also have small veins on the side of my nose. Yeah this is my problem area sad.gif so that's why I want to ask about the nose.

Hello I have the same problems as you, plus a hyperthropic scar!

I am looking into v-beam treatments for the broken capillaries, and doing TCA CROSS on the icepicks.

I also have icepick scars and scarred pores on my nose. I was wondering what would be a better procedure for this, maybe incision or tca cross? anybody!

I have posted this before without success. Are my scars that unusual?

After years of very severe cystic acne, now over thanks to Roaccutane, I have large raised very soft scars on my nose. They are the same colour as the surrounding skin, not discoloured in any way.

Has anybody had the same problem and successfully reduced them? Dermabrasion(twice) has not helped and laser is not suitable as it would vaporise the soft scars and leave large craters.

I've read somewhere that injection of the scars with something (cortisone?) helps flatten them. Anybody had this done?

Hi smile.gif

Are you certain they are scars? Can they be sebaceous hyperplasia(enlarged oil glands)?

Did you have microdermabrasion, or regular dermabrasion?

I have heard The pulse dye laser can get rif of bumps.

I have posted this before without success. Are my scars that unusual?

After years of very severe cystic acne, now over thanks to Roaccutane, I have large raised very soft scars on my nose. They are the same colour as the surrounding skin, not discoloured in any way.

Has anybody had the same problem and successfully reduced them? Dermabrasion(twice) has not helped and laser is not suitable as it would vaporise the soft scars and leave large craters.

I've read somewhere that injection of the scars with something (cortisone?) helps flatten them. Anybody had this done?

It could be sebaceous hyperplasia though. It is very common around the nose. I know, because I have it smile.gif It took me a long time to find out what my bumps were. I went to many derms and PS's. Around my nose is Sebaceous hyperplasia, and on my chin is a combination of: SH, Little cysts, and some hypertrophies.

My advice is to see many Dr.'s before you decide on a course of action. I still do not know if you had real dermabrasion, but I'm assuming you did wink.gif

If that didn't work, and you definately have Hypertrophic, look into PDL, or cortisone combined with radiation.

You could also excise them, then have a resurfacing procedure. I wonder why the person who performed your dermabrasion didn't address these bumps beforehand.

emmanuel- I had "real" dermabrasion including tumescent dermabrasion which is where you are injected with something that makes the face swell up. The pitted scars are then more effectively "planed." The improvement was significant.

Did you have any of those procedures you mentioned? Did any help? If so some more details please.

emmanuel-  I had "real" dermabrasion including tumescent dermabrasion which is where you are injected with something that makes the face swell up. The pitted scars are then more effectively "planed." The improvement was significant.

Did you have any of those procedures you mentioned? Did any help? If so some more details please.

Scars on the nose are harder to treat than anywhere else on the face. the dermis isn't very thick and you always run the risk of worse scarring. I've seen some pretty good results with the pulsed dye laser ( I have never used one, so I don't have any clinical results with clients to share ) but I do have some clients who have had these treatments and are happy with the results. The red capillaries can be treated with Vasculight laser or radiofrequency ( Telangitron ) I get good results with the Telangitron..It may take a few treatments to get rid of them completely. The radiofrequency treatment may be less costly too.

Richard, how about cross on the nose, have you seen results with that? I am wondering what the risk % is for making things worse with cross on the nose?

If they are indented ( depressed ) scars or "ice pick scars" they can be treated with TCA cross, but I would recommend having it done professionally. Raised or hypertrophic scars can also be treated with good results, but again let someone who is experienced do the procedure. Your nose is the most visble part of your face and the most delicate area, so don't try treating these yourself.

Hi Richard thanks for the response, what I was asking is if you personally had seen results with tca on the nose, and if you felt like it was worth the risk, or too risky.

thanks

Good advice Richard. Right now I'm trying to gather money to be able to pay for the treatments that I am interested in, college is expensive these days sad.gif . I do not plan on performing any scar treatments on my face, I would rather pay a doctor who is experienced to do it for me. Well, if anyone else finds out any new info. remember to share! smile.gif

I'm very upset and don't know what to do. I have a deep and wide scar almost to at the tip of my nose. In January I saw a derm about it and she said I had to go to a plastic surgeon. I did in February and he said that the two choices were laser or excision. I had to wait until July at the least though because the scar is new. Anyways, I went to a different plastic surgeon, the actual one the derm had recommended and he said he could do nothing. The excision would be as deep and longer so it wouldn't be an improvement. I also went to a laser center in the mall and their sales guy said Cooltouch could give me 30% to 60% improvement but when I saw the actual nurse practitioner she said that it wasn't a treatment option for me because there it too much cartilage and I would only end up with a scar. I don't know what kind of scar but all she did was recommend microdermabrasion which I've had before and does not really help.

I'm scared about going back to the first plastic surgeon because what if he says no now. I think I want the laser done but who knows. Has anyone had any laser done on their nose? He said it wasn't the better option because I'd be dealing with the burn but right now I think the excision wouldn't be of much help.

Do you think I should try TCA at 12% at home. I haven't found anyone here in AZ that does the TCA treatment professionally.

Please help. I can try and post a picture but I do not know how to on this board.

Hi viciouskitten, You should get a few opinions from different reconstructive plastic surgeons that way you can reallly be informed about what can done for your scar. Good doctors do not mind second or third opinions, they usually welcome them because they know that their patient is very well informed. Make sure he/she is a board certified plastic surgeon. Don't try treating this yourself, if you make it worse it will only be harder to fix. Check with a major Medical Center to find a reconsructive plastic surgeon.

Thank you richardskin. I'm just worried I won't find a plastic surgeon to do it. The last one said that the scar from a punch excision would be just as deep and actually longer. It's a pretty big scar and deep. Bigger than a pen point and half deep. Ugh.