Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you guys do when you're in a relationship with someone? do you let them see you without makeup? I never can, so I'm always rushing off to reapply my makeup in the morning, hoping he won't even notice how bad my skin is.

That's lame if you do that. Fake as hell. I'd ask my girl to take off the make up and show me and if she doesn't, she can gtfo. (serious)

It was very hard at first, but yes. If my guy can't accept me for who and what I am, HE can gtfo. :)

That's lame if you do that. Fake as hell. I'd ask my girl to take off the make up and show me and if she doesn't, she can gtfo. (serious)

No need for that what so ever.

For the first few months that I was going out with my boyfriend, I was very conscious of how I looked to him. I always had to make sure my hair and makeup were done just right before I would let him see me. After a while, though, it sunk in that he was with me because he enjoyed my company, not just because he found me attractive, and that made it easier to let go of things.

We've been together for three years now, and he's seen me at my best and at my very, very worst, and no matter how terrible I feel like I look, he's always been there to tell me that I'm beautiful.

I think that people in general fear being judged far more often than they are judged.

at first i didn't. eventually when we started seeing each other more he inevitably saw me with out it (like i sure as hell wasn't going to leave my makeup on when he was falling asleep at my place, that would make my skin worse). i really don't think he cares either way. i'll put it on if we're going out but if he's stopping by and we won't be leaving the apartment there's no point.

Yeah, um, that's weird.

but anyyyyway... it took me a long time to be around him without makeup but i've been doing it a lot more lately and he doesn't even CARE. he likes it more that way.

I mean think about it, if someone really cares about you, they don't care if you have a few cysts or some acne.

It is tough though... easier said than done to not want to always be made up around a boyfriend.

loochi: haha you'd ask your girl to take off her makeup and show you her face ? hahah its not like you'd be able to do anything about it and it wouldn't even matter if you loved her unconditionally would it/ does it? i dont think wearing it is being fake, makeup just happens to boost a girls confidence because thats better than being depressed about imperfections. would you rather have happy girl friend or a mad/sad/cranky/depressed one?

What do you guys do when you're in a relationship with someone? do you let them see you without makeup? I never can, so I'm always rushing off to reapply my makeup in the morning, hoping he won't even notice how bad my skin is.

I don't see the point in being with someone if they don't show you how they really look like..? The person will eventually see it so why keep hiding? Sure, make up is all good and I'm not against it but saying "I can never show" is pretty extreme.

No need for that what so ever.

U mad? (wink)

Yeah, um, that's weird.

but anyyyyway... it took me a long time to be around him without makeup but i've been doing it a lot more lately and he doesn't even CARE. he likes it more that way.

I mean think about it, if someone really cares about you, they don't care if you have a few cysts or some acne.

It is tough though... easier said than done to not want to always be made up around a boyfriend.

That's what I'm basically trying to say grrrr. Remember in your thread when you posted..

"Do you ever just look at your skin and feel like a freak?"

But then you reply to another member in the next post,

"Who cares if you have a few zits, you're still beautiful"

BUT anyyyyway... (wink)

loochi: haha you'd ask your girl to take off her makeup and show you her face ? hahah its not like you'd be able to do anything about it and it wouldn't even matter if you loved her unconditionally would it/ does it? i dont think wearing it is being fake, makeup just happens to boost a girls confidence because thats better than being depressed about imperfections. would you rather have happy girl friend or a mad/sad/cranky/depressed one?

No girlface, it won't bother me whether he whole face was a pimple or if it was smooth if I loved her unconditionally..

Wasn't really saying make up is fake *cough* ... But what's fake is the fact the person will never show you and always put it on. That's what I mean.

Just because a girl doesn't wear make up girlface doesn't automatically make her feel insignificant and miserable lol.

After reading some comments, my reply is that, makeup is not only used to cover up scars, etc, but it can also enhance the features of a person. Secondly, not all women use makeup to get attention. Thirdly, if someone does not like me for who I am, then too bad. I think that people can be very judgemental sometimes by basing their views on our appearance.

Edited by bollywood

loochi- thats not really what i mean. but if you were a girl and there were a way to hide your blemishes not perfectly but alright you would. i mean like a year ago when my acne was at its worst EVER my mom told me that i should wear makeup and i just went with it and after like 2-3 months i began to notice my skin more and how bad it looked when i didn't have makeup on so id just put it on and it would boost my confidence level and if i didn't wear it i'd feel nervous/anxious/frustrated etc. i bet it happens to alot of girls too . meaning they get so used to seeing themselves withit on that..well yea done with this maybe its just me .

loochi- thats not really what i mean. but if you were a girl and there were a way to hide your blemishes not perfectly but alright you would. i mean like a year ago when my acne was at its worst EVER my mom told me that i should wear makeup and i just went with it and after like 2-3 months i began to notice my skin more and how bad it looked when i didn't have makeup on so id just put it on and it would boost my confidence level and if i didn't wear it i'd feel nervous/anxious/frustrated etc. i bet it happens to alot of girls too . meaning they get so used to seeing themselves withit on that..well yea done with this maybe its just me .

Yeah fair enough mate. I guess I would if I was a girl too lol. Although that's debateable since I've got about a couple of spots that are highly noticble and I still don't care.

I respect your post and it makes alot of sense to me. Thanks.

Honestly, I don't like makeup. Well, not all makeup. Mascara is cool beans, but foundation bothers me. It's a mask. I know makeup can enhance. It can also demoralize.

Loochi, you have the right idea, but would you really not care if your girlfriend was covered in acne and scarring? Especially if you were able to date someone who wasn't?

Wouldn't give a crap and that's fo' real..

Looks fade? By the time you're worrying aboyt clearing your acne you're probably old and grey lol.

Not having scars or acne on a girl is just a plus that's all. It won't determine whether she's dateable or not (Atleast for me).

People who are this shallow are insecure themselves and they will never find the right person because they're too superficial.

*Whimsical* makeup. Wow, that's so...wow! That's perfect! Yes. I've never heard it referred to that before, but yes yes yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. :D Still, I stand by the notion...if a guy is totally grossed out or flabbergasted that his gal has a brand new whitehead or pimple...he can gtfo. Acne happens and if he can't "handle" it, he's too superficial or out of touch with reality.

*Whimsical* makeup. Wow, that's so...wow! That's perfect! Yes. I've never heard it referred to that before, but yes yes yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. :D

Sounds good.. Lol.

Just thought I'd add another male opinion.

I don't care if a girl won't let me see her without makeup. If it makes her feel more comfortable it's great, women are better when they are comfortable.

I think guys have it easier then girls. most guys I know don't put on any make up or anything of that sort. If he finds a girl who likes him in spite of his acne, he doesn't have to worry about losing her because of it. For a girl who always has make up on, it becomes second nature; and therefore they're alot more cautious about always keeping up appearances.

Just my two cents. :)

the girl that i loved the most and will always remember got some acne scars. She went out with makeup but when we spent a sunday watching movies or just were alone she didnt use any. I'm kinda picky but i wouldnt consider a women unatractive if she had some acne or acne scars. If you are beautiful that will shine more than your skin

I think that people in general fear being judged far more often than they are judged.

VERY true!

I like the way I look with makeup, but if I was just laying on the couch watching a film or something with my boyfriend, I wouldn't care if he saw my face without makeup. If I was dating this hypothetical guy, I honestly doubt he would care either because I don't date people who are that shallow. Inner beauty shines so much brighter.

Because people are superficial and they won't even want to get to know you if they're not physically attracted first. The whole "they should love you either way" is an unrealistic view of how things really are.

Another male opinion...It wouldn't matter. I want her to be comfortable with me. I'm not the judging type, and I'm not perfect. Lust will creep in, but you don't give in, because what you're partner offers is far greater.

Because people are superficial and they won't even want to get to know you if they're not physically attracted first. The whole "they should love you either way" is an unrealistic view of how things really are.

Don't be such a negative Nancy. :)