Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CoreyDB

The Most Interesting Log Ever.

I had those annoying sudden breakouts that occur when you think you're really clearing, right until my fourth month. They're the most demoralising kind. And this is with a low dose (20,20,20,40,40mg)I'm just about finishing my fifth (final) month and haven't had a breakout since start of month 4, and even that was just confined to my forehead. Basically, don't worry it's normal to get breakouts at this stage.

Dude I have had these days. I know the feeling. I know you expect to hear it can only get better and all of that but the one thing that helps me get through these days is thinking what would you feel like right now if you were not on accutane. Yes your face might be a a little clearer if you were not on tane right now but you would probly be worried about if you ever would find something that would clear you up. At least right now you can be very confident that Accutane will work which can not be said for pretty much anything else. Take it from me when i say finish you course. I quit early on my last treatment and now am currently in week 2 of my second. Quitting was one of the worst regrets of my life. I know staying positive is tough, I had a shitty day yesterday, but it is essential to making it through. Ya you wanna be clear for prom but you really want to be clear for college if your going. My college experience was horrible for the most part because of Acne. When i was cleared from my last treatment for the three or four months, that was the funnest period of my life. Stay strong man.

hey Corey. just wanted to say i can totally relate to your last post. every word.

you're 10 days ahead of me. i'm on day 50 and still breaking out badly also.

seriously hope you start seeing success SOON.

and i totally agree with the whole parents thing...they should have taken us when we were young because acne definitely runs in my genes...ughies.

acne IS hell.

try to take care Corey. i'll be keeping up with the log.

sorry corey, i totally know how u feel. i just had a MAJOR break out and its all currently healing. Plus i was at my a family members house all weekend so i was like having zero confidence. Accutane can really kick ur ass. I would say oh man were gonna clear up in no time! but yea right now it feels like its gonna take forever to have beatiful clear skin....i guess all i can say is just stick it out for a few more months that are hopefully not Hell

If there has ever been a moment in my life where I wish I could simply hit pause, put down the remote, and go for a breather, it is now. This is the bottom of bottoms.

I have been upset and distraught over my acne and a particular breakout before, but never like this. Acne has slowly torn my life away. I have allowed these little painful bumps to steal my teenage years from me, and I am sick to my stomach. How can something so insignificant to other people be such a problem for me? I have numerous zits all across my face that will take weeks to heal up and I am whole-heartedly sickened. This has to be it. For me, this has to be it. I need it to stop. I am not as strong as I thought I was, and I am grateful I am on Accutane, because had this gone on any longer without any end in sight, I am not sure how I may have reacted. I just want it to end. Please. I have felt so great about everything last week when my skin was doing fine, when I actually thought, and let myself believe, that it was over. This hurts. Emotionally, and physically.

I think for the first time in years I am going to pray tonight. This disease has ruined me as a person. I have become so self-absorbed I am destroying my life and I know it. I must say, to anybody reading this in the future, and to myself when I look back on this log, this IS the low-point.

Day 60. It has to go uphill from here. I'm sick of the rollar-coaster. Please just go up.

- Corey

Corey! since reading your log, i knew accutane was one of the best choices for me.. dont give up now! you've given many people inspiration.

But like many others, i know what you mean about acne ruining your life. I have a lot of acne all over my face and not just that, but.. i have the scars too. My skin is prone to scarring and well, not only do i have blemishes that last a week.. i have scars that can last for years. So i know exactly what you mean. no worries though.. I know you can tough it out!

best of luck!!

I feel the exact same fucking way. Though I'm 23 now- that's TEN years- TEN of horrible acne (sure, it wasn't all that bad for most of it, but STILL)! I'm breaking out right now too (Day 48 for me) and it's bloody well pissing me off! I don't feel like doing anything except sleeping: Getting exercise is just making my joints hurt.

It sucks. IT SUCKS! I'm supposed to be modeling in a show next week and I feel like they're not going to let me, what with my face like a bubbling tar pit! I KNOW it'll get better..... but I just don't feel like it right now, and seriously, these comedones are killing me, especially when they turn into BIG UGLY ZITS!

BUT when this is over, we're gonna feel like a million bucks, and we're going to be SO thankful for our skin and never take it for granted. Right? Right. And we'll have way more sympathy for other people knowing what it's like going through something that disfigures you...

We'll make it, somehow. Ok?

I suppose so. But it just feels like, I just went through a fucking three week process of healing up my last god-damned major breakout, and now I have to do it AGAIN!? Ugh. Not to mention my comedones are just sitting here, waiting to fuck up any progress I make. Gah. I H8 LIFE!

dude i totally feel ya man. like my skin was starting to get good and then it kinda is being all weird and blotchy with redness everywhere super duper gay... just hang in man.. month three is suppose to be a big month... not trying to set ouselves up for failure but not gonna let the bad take over... like samismurf one of the accutane godfathers lol.... it's gonna be a rollercoaster... hang in man.. im right there with you... dude.. day 60 today... we're gonna pull through.... i have faith.. hell that's all i got left.... stay up man... later.

Yeah man. So me and you are on the exact same day? And I will take pictures tommorow. I should take some pictures of the bad and not just the good. I am pathetic like that. I will take pictures when my skin is healing, but not on bad days, and it's for a fucking Accutane blog. God I feel pathetic lately.

dude you got balls at least you are making videos and takin pictures.. I give you mad respect for that. I on the other hand am very shy.... well not when i was clear but you know what I mean. So thanks for making videos and puttin yourself out there. YOu are helping many including myself...

I know what you mean man. Totally. It's normal I guess. I feel the same way. Just sort of ashamed of my skin. I am almost more self-conscious now because I almost half expect people to say "Man aren't those pills your on supposed to fix your acne" and things like that...sigh... I have to get positive again...

Also...

TMJ: Thanks alot dude. I really hope so. It's just, the start of my Month 4 is around when Prom is, and I was sort of hoping to be clear, red marks and all, by then. Plus with these comedones... I don't know. I would cry for a million years if I was marked up for my Prom pictures....

Trick_05: Yeah man. Like I said, if I wasn't on 'Tane, I don't know what would happen. It's just such a torture though to know my face WILL be clear soon enough, but going through such hell right now. And espiecally with the clear times, when it's like, I might be done! Then to get knocked back down to reality so fast and hard... hurts...

Nichole xxx: Sounds like your going through the exact same thing as me. I wish the best for you also. May our breakouts for the sake of God stop soon. Then true healing can start. I am going to be so reluctant to be happy when they do stop though, in fear of another breakout...

(God I sound deppressed right now..)

*Meagain*: I really hope things brighten up soon also. I really can't take much more "hell" to be honest. I am sad, tired, I have anxiety. This is really taking a toll on me. I hope you stay positive yourself, and keep your head higher then I have mine at this point.

JennyBean: I am sooo glad I insipired you to go ahead with Accutane :). I will be reading your blog! Like I just said to Meagain, keep your head high. Please don't allow it to get the best of you. I will try and rebound starting tommorow to make you all proud, but when you get down, just trust me, get right back up. The longer I write, the more I realise how angry I am at myself for feeling so terrible the past day or two.

Ishkae: Haha right on girl! You know I will appreciate clear skin! Hell for the two weeks prior to now, I would wake up, go to the mirror, see no or very little new zits and just smile at myself. I really hope I can get back to that point soon. Dear god, please let our zits heal fast! Go away breakout!

Nos86: Right on man. Me and you are right with each other 'till the end. I urge you to make some videos if you can, or at least post a few pictures. How long are you on for? I am on a 5 month course (40,40,60,60,60) but I may ask for a 6th month at 20mg/day just to make sure my acne never comes back when I am finished. Will we end the same day? Keep me posted my friend.

Again thanks to EVERYONE for your support. You guys don't know how much you inspire me and give me the new motivation now that the people I thought I cared for on my side of the computer slowly dissipitate (it sounds worse then it is). Starting tommorow I no longer workout for 'her', or any of my childish motivations. Tommorow I start for us. Tommorow I will begin to make 'us' proud. I will push through for you guys. To show my friends reading now, and the people who will read this log days,months,years in the future that it can be done. I will not give-up. These past days have been tough but I need to forget it and regret it. It won't happen again. I promise. I keep my word.

you'll be ok corey :)

right now im still breaking out like crazy my face looks horrible, but for some reason im not as depressed as i was before i started tane...and i mean i was really really really depressed. Right now im just in that mode of this really sucks but i cant do anything about it...and in 4 months my skin better look fucking amazing...it has to! and i believe it will. And u know ur skin will look amazing too. We just dont give a crap about the future sometimes, sometimes we want our lives back now. Good luck, and im glad ur starting to do things for urself and not to prove urself to the haters

Hey I was wondering. I am on week 3 and abit on my acctune 10mg a day. My problem area is alot less white heads but a few red bumps but just the area is really red, and more face is really red, did you get this problem? and btw what happend to the girl? you with her or did you give up?

Hey I was wondering. I am on week 3 and abit on my acctune 10mg a day. My problem area is alot less white heads but a few red bumps but just the area is really red, and more face is really red, did you get this problem? and btw what happend to the girl? you with her or did you give up?

Hey dude. Nope. My problem area just broke out really bad, and really consistently. It is still healing up. As for redness, I haven't had much at all. If anything I have become very pale because of Accutane.

I have more or less given up on the girl. She called the end to it. Whatever.

yo dude I can relate too. Im just turned 18 am in highschool as well and Im a guy. I have always had acne but this year, my senior year in high school it got worse. I always wanted to go out in a bang be different mack with all of the girls but then I got thrown this curveball and now im on accutane. Started in Feb and the worst part is Prom is comign up and I have little to no confidence in myself. Im at 80 mg a day on day 44 I think. Also do you have trouble popping out the pills out of the blister pack? I am on Sotret the generic version and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get those guys out. I pushed so hard once the pill shot across the room. Anyway I use the green cream and it kinda works. It kills my whiteheads, but in turn it drys your face up a lot. I also use tea tree oil diluted. I have this spray bottle and filled it 1/10 full and the rest is water. Spray it on your face nd it tingles a bit. I think its a sign that its working. Its a natural remedy. Its suppper potent though. Any way which I was closerto the end too. I wish people could see me when I am completely done my treatment. To bad I would have already have graduated by then. College here I come. Good luck boss. :cool:

Day 61: Well today was a day of healing. I hardly picked at all! Yay! I am also convinced my face just went through what I would call a second IB because of the upped dosage... no cysts or anything but some blackheads popped up and a few of my comedones surfaced and turned into zits. I really hope the rest of them sort of open up and rub off in my sleep. But...yeah. My face is healing and I don't think I will have to pick anymore, as I pretty much picked all I could. I am trying to stay positive and just keep telling myself that I 'helped my face come along a bit faster albeit at a price', so thats what is keeping me sane.

In response to BigPaper I tottally agree man. I just really hope I am at least clear for June-ish and the summer so I can at least salvage the very end of Highschool. Anywho, my camera is totally not showin my face marks in the dark so instead I posted an equally exciting piece of media below! Enjoy!

JAHVID BEST FOR HEISMAN '09!! GO BEARS!!! :

">

Day 62: Hey everyone! Not much too report here. Everything is healing up... slowly. So my skin got REALLY REALLY dry today. My lips also. So I am guessing this upped 60mg dosage is really kicking in. Anyways I have to hit the sack... I am sooo tired... Ciao!

Day 65: SORRY GUYS! VERY VERY BUSY LATELY! Skin looks good, it's healing, and if I am not crazy, I actually think the comedones are going away (I am not getting my hopes up). I will post a video in a bit because I did not get the chance too yesterday. I have Paula's Choice BHA 2% Gel coming in the mail on Monday anywho so my comdones will be dealt with soon enough! Yay! Check back in a bit for the video! Week 9 by the way!

Hey Corey, all the best with the rest of your time on tane!

Hope you are past your low point now...things should get better for you. ;)

Day 65: SORRY GUYS! VERY VERY BUSY LATELY! Skin looks good, it's healing, and if I am not crazy, I actually think the comedones are going away (I am not getting my hopes up). I will post a video in a bit because I did not get the chance too yesterday. I have Paula's Choice BHA 2% Gel coming in the mail on Monday anywho so my comdones will be dealt with soon enough! Yay! Check back in a bit for the video! Week 9 by the way!

hey corey!

YES!!! hopefully those silly comedones will be dead and gone come prom night!

the beta hydroxy will help a lot :)

looking forward to the video!

anyone ever tell you that you look just like Aaron Johnson from that one movie with the really long title (Angus Thongs something something???)

awww :)

GAHHH!!! Sorry guys! Day 67 it is now local time. I WILL MAKE THE MOVIE TODAY! PROMISE! Anywho my skin is just.. pale and marked up. I don't know how else to describe it. I think the active Acne is done for the most part (I keep getting the odd zits but nothing terrible). While that is good news, I am slowly realizing the things I am freaking out about may be here for the next little while so long as I am on the 'Tane. As you can see in my profile picture, my skin is usually very tanned and healthy looking (rather then the acne) but right now its pale, and gross to say the least. I hope thats an understandable description? I just don't look very healthy. Oh well though, at least I know the Accutane is stopping the Acne and my skin will go back to normal when I get off the pill... Paulas Choice Gel will be here today so I am super excited about that! Maybe when my forehead is comedone free I will look a bit more normal!? I hope so!

Btw thanks for the compliment Ciaobella, that guy is supercute. I don't think I am to that pedigree though ahah. Also thanks to Jennybean, ace guy and Jimmyjammy. Means alot :) .