Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JRider23

ah crap.. going into the office w/ my dad tomorrow

i just turned 17 on february 12th, and i am a junior in high school. my parents are bitching at me to look at colleges and other crap, but i have no idea. my dad is a big guy on wall street, and tomorrow he is going on CNBC with these huge people. My parents think it would be great for me to go so i could meet all of the people there.. that way if i apply for an internship i'll have a better chance at getting it.. and i am very personable. they also want me to maybe checkout a college while i am in the city tomorrow just to see what it is like. Although my acne has been getting a lot better, i've had some recent breakouts around my chin. I don't think it will be a big issue becuase i am different with it around adults than i am with my friends, but i think i will still feel weird going because there are so many lights at that place.. and i want to give the best first impression possible i also have pretty pale skin. no real point to this topic, just honestly the only place i can say it.

1. Happy birthday.

2. LOL at acne being the deciding factor towards your whole future. Brace yourself.. rofl.

3. Good luck bro'. Smile and show them that inner confidence they are looking for..

All the best.

Ooh, Feb. 12 is my dad's birthday, too! But he turned 50! :D

Just go, act like yourself but well-behaved, and enjoy the opportunity. I would kill for something like this (so watch out!).

thx for the responses guys... it went pretty well. all of the girls there were hot and in their 20s, (about 6 of them) so it was kind of good/bad. I had a button down shirt that fit me really well, and i have a nice build.. was really the only confidence i had while i was talking to them. Anyways, it went pretty well.. i might do something there during the summer, and overall the day went well even though i didn't look at any colleges. but every person i saw from 5:00 in the morning until 4:00 in the afternoon fucking asked me about colleges and by the end of the day i decided i didn't even want to go anymore lol.

oh and happy 50th to your dad ^^ big birthday

When I do things like that I don't think about anything, I just keep cool and kicked back ye know, just like, hey wassup wall street people. I mean...you have to keep a professional attitude, but you don't have to be so stiff ye know, just let it flow and it always works =D.

When I do things like that I don't think about anything, I just keep cool and kicked back ye know, just like, hey wassup wall street people. I mean...you have to keep a professional attitude, but you don't have to be so stiff ye know, just let it flow and it always works =D.

yeah i know what you mean.. my dad has that exact attitude. it amazes me how far he has gotten in life just joking around and being friendly to EVERYONE. we walk down the street, and he bumps into like a person every 2 blocks who he knows. his current boss worked at his old firm a few steps under him and my dad was always really nice to him.. i basically just tried to ignore the fact that i had acne and didn't go into the room where he was getting his makeup (that woulda killed me haha).

A few posts are now invisible. Original poster: glad the day went well for you. As you get older you'll learn the importance of net-working and perhaps you'll concentrate more on meeting the ones who can actually give you good advice rather than the ones who simply look good. ;)