What Did You Eat Today?

chamomile lavender tea

organic gluten free corn flakes w/ vanilla almond milk

orange pekoe tea w/ almond milk & raw honey

vegegreens smoothie w/ water and mixed berries

white tea w/ peppermint & ginger

almonds, macadamias

brown rice w/ veggies and low sodium teriyaki sauce

iced loose leaf green tea w/ fig pieces, orange blossoms, aloe vera, sandal wood

eggplant "parmigana" (minus the eggs and cheese, gluten free breadcrumbs) w/ quinoa pasta noodles

"cleanse" tea (fennel, licorice root, dandelion root, peppermint, nettle)

will have an apple later on for snack

leftover baked onions, ginger, and might pick at the squab...

All I ever think about when I hear squab is that one two and a half men episode where Jake keeps saying "squuaaab" for the entire second half of the episode.

grapes, banannas, water, clams.

My skin is clearing...all the pimples/zits are gone. But my skin still looks like crap because of the redness, scars, and tiny bumps...at least I can wear makeup now and look somewhat normal. I'm actually looking for a job now that my skin is clear...it was actually the first thing I did when I noticed my skin clearing. Now I can have money comin' in and buy good quality ORGANIC chicken to put in my salads.

banannas, grapes, water, and really terrible tasting clams. If anyone knows any good clam recipes pleaseee tell me cuz they taste disgusting!! Clams have iodine so I will wait and see if it will break me out but, I really need the B12 and iron in it because I think I may be anemic.

So far I have literally only one tiny pimple on my face, and it's on my lip caused by a blackhead coming to a head. Sooooo I'm basically free from acne..and can finally try out different food to see what will cause breakouts.

Yeah just toss them in the pan just long enough to warm them. If they're still in the shell then steam or saute them on medium heat just until they open. Start with butter, then go for garlic, shallots, white wine, red pepper, parsley... also oysters are really good right out of the shell (raw) or cooked the same way I just described.

Breakfast: sweet potato with ghee and some liverwurst mixed in. slice of Ezekiel bread with butter. handful of pomegranate. glass of raw milk.

Then some black tea, a honey vanilla latte and a cauliflower crust pizza that had homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella, cheddar, fresh tomato slices, onions and uncured pepperoni. I experimented with a new crust recipe and it came out terrible but tasted great. Fixed my pizza craving and thought of a new idea for next time I make crust. When it's successful I'll post it to the recipe board.

Edited by spectacled_owl

I don't crave crap, I crave things like baked sweet potatoes, vegetable soup with brown rice, beans and mexican rice. These are the things that I want but cannot have.

The things you mentioned above do break me out and don't sound appealing at all, ice cream is really gross. I don't want anything that tastes like junk food, I want something that tastes like REAL food, like mexican rice, a good hearty soup, a meaty sandwhich. Stuff like that. I crave sweets very rarely since I'm so used to not eating them and gave them up at a very young age, just eating raisins or dried figs will satify my sweet tooth but I can't even eat that without breaking out.

If you can't eat those things without breaking out, you need to consider specifically addressing some other health issues or taking some other steps besides avoiding most foods.

Do you have a digestion issue? Are you taking/eating things that help? Are you sleeping well? Were you the one that said you slept 10-11 hours?, because you should not need to. Are you allergic? Which might also be improved by fixing your digestive tract. Do you get out into the sun? Are you getting all your nutrients needed for liver, adrenal, thyroid, etc function? When you eat these figs and raisins, do you just have a small amount and/or after a low GI meal, or do you pig out?

Have you tried intermittent fasting which might improve your insulin sensitivity enough to let you eat some raisins? It's also been found to directly affect cell proliferation and might therefore improve acne directly in addition to helping with the insulin sensitivity.

Edited by alternativista

bananna apple grapes

tacos; tortilla beans ground beef lettace tomato gauc salsa, carrots, raisins

still hungry i may have to eat some grilled chix breast

and have no idea whats for dinner.

water/ every day.. should i drink more fruit juice? //maybe V8??

i eat carrots every single day i should be turning orange!

so far i still havent had any new huge breakouts, just the occassional pimple here and there

and loving this sun in january ill be tan in no time..i hope!cool2.gif love the east coast cant wait til the water gets warm.

i read that raisins were good for acne and bad for acne can anyone explain this for me please? because i only like to eat them sometimes thinking they might break me out a few weeks down the road...

Also..

Are probiotics good as well?

i want to start eating yogurt on the behalf that it has live cultures and probiotics in it.. i gave up milk a LONG time ago(atleast 4 months ago) and i was still getting new blemishes all the time so im not sure how bad dairy is in my diet but i havent drank milk in a really long time.... i used to be HUGE on milk mixing with protein shakes and eating cereal every day before i had acne when i first got acne dairy was the first thing i immediately took out of the diet and never got improved it just went down hill from there..

I have done a lot of research on it and everyone has their differences.. i figure that ALOT of you guys and gals on this thread could help cause you specifically have great knowledge on food. I know that before on this forum ive gone on about how i dont think my acne is really diet related but i do think that i may have candida (i am male) because i eat really well but with alot more fruits which are natural sugars(they say you shouldnt eat fruit if you have candida) than veggies.. and i still get the occassional zits every now and then.. which are only leading to my redmarks that i am trying to get rid of.. every new single zit i get leaves a red mark no matter how bad the zit is.. so im trying to see if probiotics will help prevent new piples for me.. If any one could help i would appreciate it very much.. THANKS

Have a great day!!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

bananna apple grapes

tacos; tortilla beans ground beef lettace tomato gauc salsa, carrots, raisins

still hungry i may have to eat some grilled chix breast

and have no idea whats for dinner.

water/ every day.. should i drink more fruit juice? //maybe V8??

i eat carrots every single day i should be turning orange!

so far i still havent had any new huge breakouts, just the occassional pimple here and there

and loving this sun in january ill be tan in no time..i hope!cool2.gif love the east coast cant wait til the water gets warm.

i read that raisins were good for acne and bad for acne can anyone explain this for me please? because i only like to eat them sometimes thinking they might break me out a few weeks down the road...

Also..

Are probiotics good as well?

i want to start eating yogurt on the behalf that it has live cultures and probiotics in it.. i gave up milk a LONG time ago(atleast 4 months ago) and i was still getting new blemishes all the time so im not sure how bad dairy is in my diet but i havent drank milk in a really long time.... i used to be HUGE on milk mixing with protein shakes and eating cereal every day before i had acne when i first got acne dairy was the first thing i immediately took out of the diet and never got improved it just went down hill from there..

I have done a lot of research on it and everyone has their differences.. i figure that ALOT of you guys and gals on this thread could help cause you specifically have great knowledge on food. I know that before on this forum ive gone on about how i dont think my acne is really diet related but i do think that i may have candida (i am male) because i eat really well but with alot more fruits which are natural sugars(they say you shouldnt eat fruit if you have candida) than veggies.. and i still get the occassional zits every now and then.. which are only leading to my redmarks that i am trying to get rid of.. every new single zit i get leaves a red mark no matter how bad the zit is.. so im trying to see if probiotics will help prevent new piples for me.. If any one could help i would appreciate it very much.. THANKS

Have a great day!!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Actually, your diet is not healthy judging by what you have eaten. Beans are extremely starchy and cause acne. The corn and flour in your corn tortillas cause acne. V8 is not a very healthy drink, it's pasturized with a lot of preservatives, it's only benefit is that it's easy to digest.

Everyone on this planet who gets pimples, will have a red mark no matter what, when your red pimple flattens, new skin can not just pop up right away and be flesh-toned, it takes a lot of time for a pimple to completely heal and for the redness of a pimple to go away. Keep the red marks moisturized with vaseline and they will be able to heal.

I don't think you should be worrying about fruit just yet because of the things currently in your diet that are known as acne triggers. Probiotics are good if you have taken antibiotics before and need to put good bacteria back in your stomach, it's not really neccessary for clear skin. Fruit juice is very good for you and is easily digested but don't ignore whole fruit because the pulp contains nutrients as well.

Make sure the meat you are eating is antibiotic and hormone free because the hormones they add to the meat can affect your hormones and cause acne. You want to stabalize your hormones with food, so avoid wheat, dairy, corn, soy, nuts, and obviously sugar and junk food. Simply cutting out milk will not clear you.

Don't be afraid of the fructose in fruit, unless you have a severe type of acne like cysts or nodules...then citris fruit should be avoided.

I don't crave crap, I crave things like baked sweet potatoes, vegetable soup with brown rice, beans and mexican rice. These are the things that I want but cannot have.

The things you mentioned above do break me out and don't sound appealing at all, ice cream is really gross. I don't want anything that tastes like junk food, I want something that tastes like REAL food, like mexican rice, a good hearty soup, a meaty sandwhich. Stuff like that. I crave sweets very rarely since I'm so used to not eating them and gave them up at a very young age, just eating raisins or dried figs will satify my sweet tooth but I can't even eat that without breaking out.

If you can't eat those things without breaking out, you need to consider specifically addressing some other health issues or taking some other steps besides avoiding most foods.

Do you have a digestion issue? Are you taking/eating things that help? Are you sleeping well? Were you the one that said you slept 10-11 hours?, because you should not need to. Are you allergic? Which might also be improved by fixing your digestive tract. Do you get out into the sun? Are you getting all your nutrients needed for liver, adrenal, thyroid, etc function? When you eat these figs and raisins, do you just have a small amount and/or after a low GI meal, or do you pig out?

Have you tried intermittent fasting which might improve your insulin sensitivity enough to let you eat some raisins? It's also been found to directly affect cell proliferation and might therefore improve acne directly in addition to helping with the insulin sensitivity.

Usually if I eat raisins and figs I eat a lot of them. I don't really believe in the GI thing because it says in the GI that watermelon is a high GI food but, I never ever break out from watermelon. And some of the low GI things are foods that I know for sure will break me out. So I never really pay attention to it. I'm not sleeping well at all...I can't get to sleep at night and am the one who sleeps for 10 hours. I am always tired though but can not go to sleep wich is weird.

I think it's because I don't feel like I did anything all day, because I usually just stay home and don't do anything, so when it's time for bed, I feel like I shouldn't sleep since I didn't do anything productive or busy that day.

When I used to have a job, when I got home I would fall asleep right away so that is probably my problem.

I did get clear recently from a super strict diet, now I'm just testing out different things. So far, not eating big meals, and eating less throughout the day is helping. I am not sure about intermediate fasting because if I go too long without food I tend to eat everything in my fridge when I start eating again.

I still don't know why I'm so sensitive to a lot of types of food but I think it has to do with epigenics (sp?)..because my Mom has extremly severe acne to the point where there is no area on her face that looks normal, she has the worst acne I have seen on anyone in real life and on here. So it's probably an epegenetic factor I have to deal with.

I don't ever see myself being able to eat green beans, the last time I ate them I broke out.

Edited by LiveLaughFart

no no i was on a diet for at least 2 months (pretty much paleo) disregaurd what i ate today and the previous few post (changed in december) the diet literally had no effect on my skin i still get the same number of pimples today that i had whilst on the diet if not less. on the diet i used to have blotchy blemishes now i only get a few pimples/week and ive actually made my diet worse.. this is another reason why i may think i have candida because fruit was a really big choice whilst on the diet so maybe the sugar fed the candida?? and fruit juice what should i get just 100% grape juice orange juice? ive always just drank water for like 4 months straight nothing else..

i have never taken antibiotics before but from what i read, if you have taken them its more likely that you need probiotics but they dont say that "taking antibiotics is essential for the need of probiotics" they say its good either way getting good bacteria in your system.. thanks for the reply! rolleyes.gif

^ You're welcome, just follow your gut on what you think is right..we know our bodies better than anyone else.

The posting new topics thing isn't wrking so I guess I'll ask on here....I want to stop eating meat, it's a hassle for me and I dislike the taste of meat and it makes me feel tired after I eat it. Do you guys think it would be at all healthy to take a multivitamin instead?

I'm aware that the fruit and vegetables in todays world are not as healthy as they used to be so that's another reason for me to take multivitamins..

I'd rather just eat only fruits and vegetables to be honest. I'm starting to love eating just mixed greens and only vinegar dressing...and eating fruit as my snack is delishhh.

I don't ever crave eating rice, or pasta, or junk food anymore now that I've been eating good tasting fresh food.

So today I ate: Fresh green salad with vinegar dressing, grapes, asian pears, avacadoes, bananas and asian pears with mayple syrup on top, and water.

Usually if I eat raisins and figs I eat a lot of them. I don't really believe in the GI thing because it says in the GI that watermelon is a high GI food but, I never ever break out from watermelon. And some of the low GI things are foods that I know for sure will break me out. So I never really pay attention to it. I'm not sleeping well at all...I can't get to sleep at night and am the one who sleeps for 10 hours. I am always tired though but can not go to sleep wich is weird.

I think it's because I don't feel like I did anything all day, because I usually just stay home and don't do anything, so when it's time for bed, I feel like I shouldn't sleep since I didn't do anything productive or busy that day.

When I used to have a job, when I got home I would fall asleep right away so that is probably my problem.

I did get clear recently from a super strict diet, now I'm just testing out different things. So far, not eating big meals, and eating less throughout the day is helping. I am not sure about intermediate fasting because if I go too long without food I tend to eat everything in my fridge when I start eating again.

Look, if you want to eat, then you need to do something besides avoid almost all foods. And what you say about your sleep is not weird. It's what happens when you behave the way you do. You are tired because you are getting inadequate sleep. You need to get up in the morning and go out and do something in the light. This is how you stimulate your body to make seratonin. At night, turn off the artificial lights and go to bed around 10 pm. This is how you make melatonin for real sleep. You should sleep deeply for about 5 hours between approximately 10pm and 2am more or less. Then you'll most likely sleep lightly a few more hours and wake refreshed after about 8. Not keeping a natural circadian cycle severely impairs all kinds of bodily functions. Including your ability to digest carbs, especially fructose.

Whether or not you believe in the 'GI thing', it's real and has a huge impact on your health. Figs and raisins are concentrated sugar. Try eating a little bit. Not a lot. It's actually the glycemic load of the meal that matters. Not whether or not you ever eat a bite of a high GI food. A small piece of pure sugar candy can have less of an impact than a lot of a lower GI food. In fact, it's the reason you eating smaller meals is helping. And there are other reasons a food breaks someone out, so you breaking out from a low GI food is not evidence that you should discount the glycemic impact of your meals.

Intermittent fasting is about prolonging the normal fast you have between your last meal of the day and the first meal the next giving the body time for many of the processes it can't perform when it's nearly always digesting something. It's pretty easy to do if the period during which you choose to not eat or have minimal calories is the period of the day when you aren't active anyway. I consume most of my calories in the morning through afternoon. I eat a lot in the morning starting at 7am, then either have a big late lunch and extremely light early dinner like a vegetable soup, or eat a normal, possibly early lunch and eat again around 3-4pm. Then I have nothing until 7am again. This means there's a 15-16 hours in the day, when I'm not really doing much activity anyway, in which I consume no or little calories. It's easy. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/290146-intermittent-fasting-this-is-the-way-to-do-it/page__fromsearch__1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Swedish pancake with a lot of berries, bit of banana and walnuts

scrambled egg with mushrooms and spinach

Tacos gobernador - a west coast Mexican thing with sauteed onions, peppers, tomatoes, garlic and usually shrimp, but this time I used canned fish. And a little cheese arranged on corn tortillas and cooked on a griddle with a little coconut oil. With avocado and pinto beans.

My instant tomato soup - about half a cup of good jarred tomato basil pasta sauce, diluted with water. And some chopped frozen spinach thrown in, 'cuz that's what I do. Drizzled with a little olive oil.

Edited by alternativista

I'm easing into a fast so all I'm going to eat today is a smoothie for breakfast, then vegetable juices from there on out. smile.png

some one i believe on this forum told me that not eating meat at all would not help with clearing acne

if you start to not eat meat i would say dont choose tofu i heard it has tons of soy in it

im not sure what else you could eat to substitue meat but if youre okay without meat try it for a week or 2 and see what effect it has on your skin

Breakfast:

apples banannas

lunch:

veggie stirfry brown rice, green beans(unfortunately), cantalope, carrots, raisins

dinner:

chix breast marinated in honey mustard glaze satueed onions, mash potatoes(un fortunately), more carrots

berries

water

green tea<- going to start adding this in everyday

Hope this works..first time trying to post pictures. I've just started trying to take pictures of the prettier things I prepare.

Here are:

1- Gingerbread cookies made mostly of almond flour, date, ginger, cinnamon, brown sugar, tiny bit of water. I think that was all.

2- A cute little sandwich which actually came about while trying to figure out a use for leftover juice pulp. I combined carrot pulp with sundried tomato, flax and a dash of salt to make the bread. I put it in the oven at a low-ish temp until it was bread-like enough to stay together but not completely hard. The inside has arugula, tomato, and a mediterranean sunflower seed spread (sunflower seeds, sun-dried tomato, evoo, dried herbs, chives, maybe a few other things)

3- these are some of my drinks. The green one on the right is the one I have most often (though I would like to increase my green juice intake so that I have some every day!) My green drinks usually have celery and cucumber as a base, at least 1 darker green like kale, spinach, parsley, or collard, and just a little bit of something sweet - like 1/2 an apple, 1/4 lemon, or a pear.

The pink drink on the left is strawberry, banana, almond butter, and raw cacao. The middle one is plain carrot juice.

Hope somebody out there enjoys the pictures! I'm going to try to start using my camera more. I really like having pics of some of the meals and drinks I put my time into!

post-122300-0-70530700-1326168788.jpg

post-122300-0-49524900-1326168798_thumb.

post-122300-0-49655200-1326168808_thumb.

I had a pretttty bad eating day (for me) today.

chamomile lavender tea

gluten free apple cinnamon oatmeal

apple

orange pekoe tea w/ honey, almond milk

almond cranberry granola bar (gluten free)

strawberry black tea w/ honey, almond milk

gluten free almond cookie

carrots

veggies, brown rice w/low sodium teriyaki sauce (not gluten free)

apple

baked potato, yellow beans, carrots, broccoli, eggplant

pukka cleanse tea (nettle, fennel, dandelion root, licorice root, peppermint)

leftover vegetable chow mein from work christmas party last night (from pickle barrel, aghhhh my tummy hurts already)

tulsi chamomile jasmine tea

chamomile lavender tea

I've been trying to eat more, I'd like to gain at least 5 pounds! I am most definitely gluten intolerant though, no doubt about it anymore.

Edited by jennifer36

Hey tree23, I've been wanting to start a food pic post, maybe one of us should get on that lol. I love posting pics of my food. I did start one called food pr0n a while back, but I'd like one that's focused on healthier food.

deja, good luck with your fast! I still don't feel up to trying one. I'm a wuss.

Today's grub: 1 egg fried in lard, soaked oatmeal with apples, butter, raw milk and maple syrup, green tea, coffee with raw milk, sweet potato with butter and liverwurst. Gonna make meatloaf and herb salad for dinner.

Tacos gobernador - a west coast Mexican thing with sauteed onions, peppers, tomatoes, garlic and usually shrimp, but this time I used canned fish. And a little cheese arranged on corn tortillas and cooked on a griddle with a little coconut oil. With avocado and pinto beans.

My instant tomato soup - about half a cup of good jarred tomato basil pasta sauce, diluted with water. And some chopped frozen spinach thrown in, 'cuz that's what I do. Drizzled with a little olive oil.

Those all sound really good, and I totally laughed after saying "gobernador". (pronounced like governator, haha)

I was wondering how you make your swedish pancakes... :) Oat flour and coconut milk?

Those all sound really good, and I totally laughed after saying "gobernador". (pronounced like governator, haha)

I was wondering how you make your swedish pancakes... smile.png Oat flour and coconut milk?

LOL. It's Spanish for governor. The accents are on the second and last syllables. I'm so accustomed to pronouncing it that way that it took me a minute to see that changing the accented syllables would make it sound like I was talking about Tacos ala Arnold.

I haven't made them myself yet. I bought them at Ikea in their frozen foods section. And they aren't gluten free. They are very eggy like crepes, but thicker. The wheat flour is the third ingredient on the list, not the first as it would be in normal pancakes. I just have one at a time, once in a while. Piled high with berries, fruit and nuts.

Edited by alternativista

LOL. It's Spanish for governor. The accents are on the second and last syllables. I'm so accustomed to pronouncing it that way that it took me a minute to see that changing the accented syllables would make it sound like I was talking about Tacos ala Arnold.

I haven't made them myself yet. I bought them at Ikea in their frozen foods section. And they aren't gluten free. They are very eggy like crepes, but thicker. The wheat flour is the third ingredient on the list, not the first as it would be in normal pancakes. I just have one at a time, once in a while. Piled high with berries, fruit and nuts.

Bahaha I figured that's how you pronounce it but I couldn't help myself!

Man, I got really excited that you made some gluten free swedish pancakes, man I love those things. I think I might start experimenting this week. They are eggy enough that they should hold together well.

Man, I got really excited that you made some gluten free swedish pancakes, man I love those things. I think I might start experimenting this week. They are eggy enough that they should hold together well.

I would think you could use nearly anything for the flour. I await your recipe.

Sweet potato w/ ground cumin

Avocado

Kale, 3tbsp evoo, can of lentils

Pumpkin seeds

Chili (ground beef, chick peas, kidney beans, sauce, spices)

Can of tuna

2 ground lamb patties

Edited by takenimpulse

apples banannas

spinach leaves salad with ground beef and tomatoes no dressing

carrots, raisins, cantalope

spaghetti

water

craving chocolate right about now but i decided to take that back out of my diet again and will re apply in about 2 weeks to see if theres any effects on it at all

i didn't want to start a new topic but since it's a food-related question, i'm just gonna ask it here.

does anyone know how long a fresh salmon fillet can last while refrigerated? i plan on buying a fresh salmon fillet tomorrow but i won't eat it until saturday or sunday, will it still be good by then? would it be better if i kept it in the freezer?