Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone tried the Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin? I dont know weather to get the Gentle skin cleanser or the one for Oily skin. Has anyone tried the one for Oily skin and is it good?

Same here...I'm not sure whether to get the Normal to Oily type for my sensitive, oily skin...I read somewhere that's the only one that removes make-up too, not the Gentle Cetaphil, so I'm really confuse :-s...HELP!...biggrin.gif

yes, I love the gentle skin cleanser - it has no fragrance at all

Yeah, I thought that's why Dan put the Gentle Cetaphil there instead...because of the unneeded frangance ingredient in the Normal to Oily Cetaphil--in case it ends up irritating your skin...hm, no answers yet, huh?...boo...sad.gif...

The normal gental cleanser bottle lasts forever! It's gonna be a while before I need to make another purchase. Hopefully...never! Muahaha...

But you're a guy...so having to remove waterproof mascara or watever isn't a factor....and what does it mean to have Asian skin?...are they more oily or something....wuh?? :-s biggrin.gif

But you're a guy...so having to remove waterproof mascara or watever isn't a factor

Eww--watch out there, mister...getting a little TOO metro now...haha. The only time having Asian skin matters is when you're putting on make-up...Asian skin tends to have more yellow undertones. Hm, are you hinting something? LOL...don't worry...:-$

P.S. Seriously, what's your SKIN TYPE...

So...KoS, I'm assuming you have oily skin also?....

:

:

:

:

:

:

Ah fuhgettaboutit, this is getting too confusing....eh, I'll just stick to the Neutrogena Gentle Face Wash :-s ....Dun fix it if it ain't broken, right?....biggrin.gif

I found the normal-oily cetaphil to be very, very drying. If you're looking for a foaming cleanser, I wouldn't recommend this one. If you're going to use something harsh, it might as well contain acne-fighting ingredients (otherwise, what's the point).

I just switched over to using Rachel Perry's foaming cleanser w/ AHA's, since the blackheads on my nose and chin seemed to be applauding my prior switch to a very gentle foaming cleanser (Olay). There are much gentler foaming cleansers than Cetaphil that also contain AHA's or salicylic acid.

Thanks ritzvin...my sister used her roommates' before (secretly, haha..that dork!) and she said it left her feeling like some residue was still on her face...funny how you're saying the complete opposite ...haha, how weird... biggrin.gif I was using G.M. Collin and DDF for awhile, which was great but it was getting expensive. I'll stick to the Neutrogena... biggrin.gif

And uh, nope, I'm not looking for a foaming cleanser because that's just an added, unnecessary ingredient...like fragrance. They use them is shampoo too, you know.

Oh--and one more thing. Doesn't AHA have a bad effect in the long run? I've used it before and it was great but I stopped because I heard it was bad news--can anyone confirm this?

P.S. What's WnW Bronzer?

P.S. Seriously, what's your SKIN TYPE...

Oooooooooooooh...THAT's what skin type is. Yeesh. I'm a guy! You expect me to know about oily, normal, T-zone, combo and all those things? [-(

(I have no idea which one I am! 8-[)

Thanks ritzvin...my sister used her roommates' before (secretly, haha..that dork!) and she said it left her feeling like some residue was still on her face...funny how you're saying the complete opposite ...haha, how weird... biggrin.gif I was using G.M. Collin and DDF for awhile, which was great but it was getting expensive. I'll stick to the Neutrogena... biggrin.gif 

And uh, nope, I'm not looking for a foaming cleanser because that's just an added, unnecessary ingredient...like fragrance. They use them is shampoo too, you know. 

Oh--and one more thing. Doesn't AHA have a bad effect in the long run? I've used it before and it was great but I stopped because I heard it was bad news--can anyone confirm this?

P.S. What's WnW Bronzer?

I agree with KoS & ritvkin. The Cetephil cleanser for normal/oily is very drying. I have oily skin, and i had the "stripped" and burned feeling. I have not tried the gentle cleanser, but i would not recommend the normal/oily to anyone.

Ooh, how clever, ritzvi...haha, never though of washing it off...mostly cause it was like 40 freakin bucks. But yeah, I was using it for two to three years, I think...maybe more. Just needed a little bit, used two bottle so far...and if ya asked me, I can't really tell the difference after I stopped cause I feel gross without my make-up anyways...but really, it did make a change in the texture of my skin...but those zits keep comin back... sad.gif

I agree with KoS & ritvkin. The Cetephil cleanser for normal/oily is very drying. I have oily skin, and i had the \"stripped\" and burned feeling.  I have not tried the gentle cleanser, but i would not recommend the normal/oily to anyone.

I just need a cleanser that is good for Oily Skin. I dont want to put on any topicals in the morning. So should the gentle cleanser be good enough for Oily skin? Hows the Neutrogena cleansers?

Are you asking moi? biggrin.gif Well, this has been my first week of Neutrogena Gentle Wash and it's been fine so far. No complaints...but I really miss my old stuff. I have it in the cabinet in case this doesn't fall through. It's 28 bucks though, they're called G.M. Collin...<3

Hahaha...and you're the moderator too! Psshh, shame on you! biggrin.gif