Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dfg123

water only

I have gone from having little to no acne to mild to moderate acne in the past 4 or so months. I am fed up applying topicals to my face every night and seeing no improvement. I am currently switching to using only water and a gentle cleaner. I have done it for 2 days and things are looking good but I want to know if this is a good idea or not i dont want to face a serious set back a week or more down the line and ruin everything.

Before this i was washing my face with cleanser containing salicylic acid then applying duac topical and finally aveeno daily moisturizer. Now I going to start just using a gentle cleanser like cetaphil and nothing else not even moisturizer.

Any Advice?

I' am starting to do the "water only" regimen. But unfortunately i wear touch up make up to cover existing marks, so i haven't figured out to remove the makeup without using a cleanser.

I hear the not using a whole bunch of crap to wash your face is good. Your skin repairs itself.

I use practically water only, check out my signature...

Since doing what im doing i have heaps clearer, radient, and non inflamed skin.

JustPlainMe- try extra Virgin olive oil as a cleanser, then wipe off gently with a damp face cloth.

I have also started using an olive oil "soap" its only got 3 ingredience (its soap free), no chemicals, i stood there for ages reading the ingredience of all the soaps/body washes/soap free washes etc. to find the most natural for on my body.... and i only use a little, mainly on "dirty" parts like under arms, feet... the rest i gentle loofa. When you have a bath the soaking loosens all the skin layers so they come off easily with a gentle loofa.

Give natural some time, your body will have to deal with left over chemicals as well as re-establishing its own defences again. Just think youve probably been on chemicals for years and youve still had acne, so why not give the same amount of time to curing it naturally. (ie not a week expecting 100% turn around- from what ive read even Accutane doesnt even do that)

Water only worked for me but i stopped doing that now

and i wash my face once every two days with soap

to remove any dead skin and get rid of the oilyness... if thats a word.

Another non-soap 'soap' you can look at is called Natural Beauty cleansing bar. It has two ingredients and has a ph of about 5.5. I use it in the shower too. I've been using it about a month and I really like it. It doesn't strip your skin and it helps with cell turnover.

Another thing I have used is these washcloths called skinvac. I know there are people that use them without soap. The daily cleaning one is nice and soft.

Hey i remember when i used to use many different types of face washes (SA cleansers included) for about 3 years and none of them seem to do anything except damage my skin. Then i started to use only water and my severe acne started getting better. The red splotches on my cheeks started slowly clearing and i stopped breaking out as much. Now im still using water only with some prescribed meds (i was using the meds with the cleansers before) and my face is looking much better and im positive that its because i ditched those harsh face products.

From your post i believe that harsh meds/washes are definitely making your acne worse. I suggest that you stick with cetaphil cleanser for a while but i also strongly suggest that you use a light moisturizer cus having dry skin is not good for acne in my experience. cetaphil is great because it doesn't clog or irritate your acne with fragrance and all that junk.

If your face does get worse while doing this try slowly adding topical meds back into your regime and see what happens