Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Namaste

Estrotone

has anyone tried this and noticed improvement from chin/ jawline acne?

I heard that it does in fact work. I'm currently waiting for my shipment of this. cementface actually takes it everyday and says it's worked SO good for her. She can tell you more about it. :angel:

bonjourno!

yes, estrotone..

oh my my.

where to begin.

my acne:

jawline/neck, chin, cheeks.

the week before i would get my period, my acne would look more red, my skin tone would look blotchy and a few more white heads would pop up.

i HATED HATED HATED IT.

i read an article about a girl who did a study on the herb called "evening primrose" and "maca powder" she had studied the effects it had on her acne and hormones.

i decided to investigate myself, i came across this product called Estrotone.

i could find anything about it, so i decided to be a guinea pig and try it out myself.

BEST THING I HAVE EVER EVER EVER DONE FOR MY SKIN.

i started taking it about...2 weeks before i was supposed to get my period, so i was expecting my usual flare about in about a week.

I started taking it the next morning after i bought it, and literally, in 6 days or so my acne was SO MUCH calmer, and my skin tone was looking rather even.

(i would also like to mention that when i get my period i get EXTREMELY bad cramps the first day, and this month i got NO cramps what so ever.)

i am about 3 weeks into this product, and i am so amazed.

my skin looks so good.

i am currently trying to find before and after pictures to prove my point.

final words: YES, BUY IT, WORTH EVERY PENNY. (especially if you know your acne is hormonal)

one more thing:

because i am only 3 weeks in, i suppose i can't make a complete fair judgment and say its a "magic cure", cause i don't know for sure yet.

but honestly, i am really positive that this can keep me clear.

when i feel my skin in the shower, i can't feel any little bumps under the skin or anything.

one more thing:

because i am only 3 weeks in, i suppose i can't make a complete fair judgment and say its a "magic cure", cause i don't know for sure yet.

but honestly, i am really positive that this can keep me clear.

when i feel my skin in the shower, i can't feel any little bumps under the skin or anything.

Well, good news, I just received my supply today, so I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on it. I'm more than certain my hormones are currently whacked out!! LOL. I've just taken my first pill and will let you know how good or bad it does in the upcoming weeks. :eh:

thanks so much for your recommendation. i ordered some 7 days ago and i'll let you know how it goes down.

keep me updated!

i'd love to know how it goes for you.

i am guessing only for females, but can any of you guys recommend a herb or some sort of consumable to balance my hormones (i am a male). My skin is still so oily even after two weeks of cutting out dairy :(

im a male and i get acne on my chin, jawline and upper neck. could it possibly be from hormones or is that only a female thing?

i am guessing only for females, but can any of you guys recommend a herb or some sort of consumable to balance my hormones (i am a male). My skin is still so oily even after two weeks of cutting out dairy :(

try googling something called "testralin"

im a male and i get acne on my chin, jawline and upper neck. could it possibly be from hormones or is that only a female thing?

no, it's a male hormone thing aswell.

if you really aren't sure though, you can go to your doctor and get a hormone test and they can tell you if your hormones are out of whack.

Lol, ALL acne is caused by hormones. Diet regulates hormones, hormones regulate acne. Insulin is probably the most directly involved hormone though.

What cementface is doing with the Estrotone is essentially Hormone Replacement Therapy with bioidentical hormones. I've also seen this work for Murmur, who is clear now through using Progesterone cream. However, this isn't going to work for you if your body is already producing enough of that hormone (in fact, you can mess up your body even more.) I suggest that if anyone wants to try this, they should go to an endocrinologist and get tested for hormone deficiencies (especially women!) :angel:

In most cases though, once your body is fed a proper diet after a couple months, your body now has the means to produce perfect levels of every hormone anyway. I really highly recommend a book called "The Schwarzbein Princple II" by endocrinologist Diana Schwarzbein. It's been the most helpful book I've ever read in terms of understanding food and hormones. You can buy it used on amazon.com or something for like 3 dollars, it's a really good investment and I hope other people will discover it too!

In most cases though, once your body is fed a proper diet after a couple months, your body now has the means to produce perfect levels of every hormone anyway. I really highly recommend a book called "The Schwarzbein Princple II" by endocrinologist Diana Schwarzbein. It's been the most helpful book I've ever read in terms of understanding food and hormones. You can buy it used on amazon.com or something for like 3 dollars, it's a really good investment and I hope other people will discover it too!

I agree. Since it's either nearly impossible or very expensive to figure out what could be going on with your hormones, and potentially dangerous to screw with them, the best thing to do is use diet and lifestyle habits like exercise, stress reduction and sleep, to get your body functioning properly so it can balance your hormones.

There are many doctors and even mainstream diets that are about balancing your hormones. Like the Zone diet, and Suzanne Sommers diet, although she uses hormone replacement but that's because she's past menopause. You really want to get your body functioning properly well before that.

There's also Dr. Christiane Northrup who's on Oprah all the time. She also writes about menopause, but she was on once answering all kinds of questions and when a woman asked about thinning hair, her answer was cut out the sugar to balance hormones. I was so fascinated as it was the first time I'd heard a doctor publicly admit to a diet and hormone connection. I made a post here about it.

Drlam.com is also another good source on hormonal issues and nutrition.

i would also like to mention that Estrotone IS NOTa hormone.

there is no estrogen or hormones added in it at all.

its simply just a mixture of herbs all bundled up into a capsule which helps control and regulate your hormones.

but i do agree, messing with your hormones is no good for you and can mess you up big time.

you can get a strip that can mesure your hormone inbalances and such online,

but i think it'd be easiest to just visit a doctor.

its simply just a mixture of herbs all bundled up into a capsule which helps control and regulate your hormones.

but i do agree, messing with your hormones is no good for you and can mess you up big time.

you can get a strip that can mesure your hormone inbalances and such online,

but i think it'd be easiest to just visit a doctor.

Sorry, cement - I saw the prefix "Estro" and immediately thought "estrogen."

Well, they claim Black Cohosh contains phyto-estrogens, but plant estrogens are weak and only likely to have an effect if you are low in estrogen, like in menopause. Otherwise they'll probably do nothing. There's a lot of phyto estrogens in plant foods anyway. Soy for example. Then again, if you are estrogen dominant, they just might make things worse. Some people's acne gets worse from soy. And there were people, mostly male though, whose acne got worse when experimenting with flax seed, another source of phyto-estrogens.

And vitex is supposed to promote progesterone production, which will be helpful if you are estrogen dominant.

The rest of the ingredients are mostly about things like improving liver function and lowering inflammation, the things a nutrient dense, anti-inflammatory diet, sleep and exercise will fix.

The thing about doctors and testing is that odds are, you will be told you are in the 'normal range.' I was. Also, your hormones fluctuate and might not be 'high' or 'imbalanced' at the time of testing. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try it. Some people do have real problems and significant enough imbalances to show up on tests. But you'd probably have worse symptoms than acne and oily skin.

One thing I gathered from all the prior discussions, especially the DIM discussions, severe cramps or other PMS issues and irregular periods are likely signs of estrogen dominance.

On page 2 of this document, it explains how hormones can be getting created, bound to receptors, bound to proteins or circulated and removed from the body so fast that there never is a particularly excessive amount of androgens in the blood stream at any given time to be measured in the tests they do. It says they should really be measuring the androgens in the tissues, not the blood.

http://www.cancersupportinternational.com/...Diet%20Acne.pdf

hello to cementface and anyone else currently using estrotone on this board!

it has been a while since anyone posted with an update on their results from using the product? anybody want to share what the effects of estrotone have been after a month or so using the product?? if you do i would be really interested to know what your acne was like beforehand and how exactly you think estrotone has improved you acne (no new pimples? or just less inflammation etc. etc)

i am thinking about taking it as well because my acne is definitely hormonal (like everyones i suppose). i am 20 years old and used birth control effectively for 2 years to completely rid of my acne. needless to say it came back and now i am off the pill and looking for alternative healing methods. my acne is almost completely limited to my chin and a little bit on my cheeks and hairline. right now i am working on improving my diet (although i have always eaten very healthy) and regulating my sleep. i am also considering adding some supplements to my diet. but i would definitely also be interested in a little bundle of herbs that can really kick some female hormonal acne ass.

i was wondering if estrotone will have a positive effect regardless of the hormonal constellation in your body. overall will it simply improve the balance of estrogen and progesterone (and perhaps other interacting hormones) or will it only be effective if you have too little estrogen (as in menopausal woman) there has been some previous discussion of estrogen dominance etc and and i am wondering if estrotone will work in all cases or if it should be avoided should someone think that they are estrogen dominant?

any comments would be great!

thanks everyone and keep fightin the good fight. we are in this together

bump

any updates would be great. my story is similar to others suffering from adult female hormonal acne. i was on the pill for two years and my skin was clear, got off of it a year ago and my acne returned. i unsuccessfully tried vitex in tincture form, and am still on the lookout for an alternative to bcp to regulate my hormones.

thinking of giving this a try, any additional comments on peoples' experience with this would be much appreciated!

I might want to try something like this. Is the Estrotone only for women?

it was made specifically for women, but cementface suggested to someone earlier in the thread to

try googling something called "testralin"

i ordered some estrotone and i should be getting it tomorrow or the next day. i'll keep you updated!