Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stebl86

My one problem with BP

I've been using BP for about a year now, and it works the best for my skin, admitedly I didn't use it everyday, but now i've moved from 2.5% to 5% BP and use it everyday now. I know it causes dry skin, so I use Eucerin moisturiser to manage this.

Now, my one problem is that my skin will be fine up until I eat, once i've finished eating i'll always end up with cracked/peeling skin around my mouth, cheeks and nose, and so most of the time i'm having to eat really carefully and not try to stretch my mouth too much when taking bites, no matter how careful I am though i'm always having to apply moisturiser after every meal to get rid of the peeling skin.

I was wondering if anyone else gets this? and any tips on how to prevent this happening? it really puts me off eating around people, and have often gone hungry to avoid having to fix this ongoing annoyance. I have tried taking a short break from the BP to try and get my face to adjust to it, and also tried using a less amount of it, but still no luck.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. This used to happen to me as well when I first started using BP ten years ago.

Are you using a gentle, non-medicated cleanser? If you are using a harsh cleanser, then maybe that's causing the dryness. Also, what do you use to exfoliate your skin? I use Dan's AHA+ (glycolic acid) at night and in the morning I gently exfoliate with a baby hair brush. You could also cut back on the amount of BP you are putting around your mouth for a little while and see if that helps.

Good luck! :)