Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrs cowell

alcohol and accutane

Yesss think its ok to have some every so often =]

its just putting more demand on the liver so its best not to have too much just incase

I would recommend sticking with water as much as you can. Almost all of the potential side effects of Accutane have a good chance of being subsided by a healthy intake of water. I've had a few drinks here and there since being on Accutane and have been completely fine, but I'm of the opinion that if you're going to take a serious option to curing acne you should take it as seriously as possible. I'm on a water only regimen for the rest of my course.

I wouldn't drink alcohol. To me, accutane is enough harm to my body. My sister's friend drank while she was on it and her next blood test, voila, she was taken off it real fast.

I wouldn't exactly recommend drinking while on accutane, but speaking first hand I haven't had a problem with mixing the two. I'm in college so its nearly impossible to avoid drinking I have however stopped drinking completely during the week. If I know I am going to go out to a party and going to get extremely intoxicated I will skip that days dose of accutane just to help my liver as much as possible.

I would imagine you would be perfectly fine with just a glass of wine here and there.