Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
harkamus

keep products on the whole day?

Heya. I've been using the regimen for close 6 weeks now. I'm a full time senior in college. I wake up around 7, put on the regimen, and then head to school to come home around 5 pm. My question is, do you guys just keep the products on the whole day without even rinsing your face with water until your second application at night? What about when you shower and the products come off? I shower at different times throughout the day depending on how busy I am. Sometimes I shower before I sleep and then apply the regimen. Other times I will work out and then shower. I emailed customer service about this, but I don't think they understood my question.

Mhm.

I understand where your going there. When using any regimen along with a workout, you need to change the application times a little.

In the morning just cleans, treatment, moisturizer.

Once you get home do the same thing before you sleep.

For days that you work out, just take a shower, simply wash your face with water. Apply a moisturizer 5-15 minutes after if you'd like. Just keep in mind that you will still need to wash, apply treatment, and moisturizer before going to bed.

For some people, they like adding a tiny amount of BP, which is fine.

If I don't shower until night time, should I go the whole day without as much as simply rinsing my face with water just to keep the products on? That's what customer service told me, but I find that hard to believe. I mean that just means I have that days sweat and dirt built up on my face from being outside and walking around downtown; my campus is in the heart of the city.

I do not completely understand, but this is what anyone on the regimen should do.

They should wake up in the morning, Finish their 3 step process and continue doing whatever they need to do.

The point of this regimen is to keep the products on your face (Treatment|Moisturizer)

After washing your face in the morning, you DO NOT wash again until you go to bed, or whenever you take a shower.

The point of this regimen is to keep the products on your face (Treatment|Moisturizer)

After washing your face in the morning, you DO NOT wash again until you go to bed, or whenever you take a shower.

I guess I wasn't clear. My mistake. I just wanted to know if people do anything about the oil that builds up throughout the day. ATM, I do nothing because even rinsing with water makes the products come off, maybe not completely, but they do come off. I just keep the products on as long as I can, many times until I shower at night before going to bed, after which I apply the second treatment.

How's this:

-On days when you wake up and shower immediately, wash your face in the shower, and then apply the morning BP and moisturizer after you shower. Then do your evening regimen (wash/bp/moisturizer) before bed.

-On days when you wake up, go about your business (like go to the gym, etc.), then shower, simply wash your face in the morning before you go out, and do your BP/moisturizer application then. Try not to get too much water on your face when you shower later on, so as to leave as much BP as possible on your face--just be careful, since the water might make your BP bleachy all over again (you don't want to ruin any clothes). Then do your evening regimen before bed.

-Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with the second option I gave, just wait 'til after your mid-day shower to do your "morning" regimen. Then do your evening regimen before bed.

I think the best way to go about it would be to figure out which of these methods would allow you to have BP on your skin for the longest amount of time. Ideally, your morning application would cover you for twelve hours of the day (say 7am-7pm), and your evening application would cover you for the other twelve (7pm-7am).

Follow?

And if oil is an issue for you, most stores carry blotting sheets (example) which come in really handy for mid-day shine. Look near the acne supplies. ; )

Yw, Good luck on the regimen.

:chuck:

There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

Chuck Norris’ hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.