Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am interested in starting a vitamin regimen using fish oils and beta carotene. I here that people have had great results and figure it would be worth a try. I would say that I have mild acne and was considering ProActive before looking at Acne.org and seeing the success of fish oils and beta carotene. Do people take both of these at the same time? If so how much should I take?

Also, in order to decide if it is working for me, how long should I give these vitamins to work?

I can't see why they wouldn't both work, but it probably won't be enough to prevent you from getting more acne. Make sure you're getting all the other important vitamins from your food, and keep away from dairy. I actually take fish oil and get beta carotene from eating a lot of vegetables (orange-y ones like carrot and sweet potato are the best). Probably not as effective in combating acne, but healthier overall, as I prefer to only take supplements for where there's a real deficiency (I don't eat fish).