Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScarredAsian

Help...Is this acne or something else?

post-94983-1233712027_thumb.jpgHi everyone

Please help me. I've tried everything. I don't know what's wrong with my skin. Some dermatologists say I have acne, others say these marks are scars and others say it's just irritation or allergy.

I'm currently applying Retin A every other night.

My skin doesn't look that horrible but if you click on the pic you can see how bad it really is.

Any help from the acne.org experts would be immensely appreciated. Sometimes I think acne.org is much more helpful than these money-sucking cold and indifferent dermatologists of today.

post-94983-1233712027_thumb.jpg

Ah sorry...don't know what happened. Pic is there now.

It does look like mild acne because I see 2 papules. It also looks a bit red, but that could be from the Retin A. I think you have mild closed comedonal acne and the Retin A should help with that.

It does look like mild acne because I see 2 papules. It also looks a bit red, but that could be from the Retin A. I think you have mild closed comedonal acne and the Retin A should help with that.

Thank you. Do you recommend me to try anything else?

If anything the retin-a is thinning your skin out...i think your acne is WAY to mild for retin-a..and i would try to keep it the way it is, just my opinion though man

man honestly, your skin isn't bad at all. If i were you I would drop the Retin A, and go on Dan's regimen. Your just gonna keep thinning out your skin, and make it look more red.

i really hate when people just reccomend products like retin-a, people need to be aware that these products are hit and miss. and when they dont work they eventually might make your skin worse off.

Wow...Is retin-a really that bad?

I forgot to mention i've been on it for 8 months. I had pretty bad red comedones that looked like red depressed scars and retin-a helped get rid of it, or maybe it was just time, I don't know.

So I guess I should go off Retin-a since the majority of people here are recommending me to stop with it. What if I used the lowest percentage of retin-a and less frequently? Like every other 2 days? I'm afraid that if get off retin-a my acne will come back...and people tell me retin-a is good for the spots I have on my face...

Ah...what a dilemma

Wow...Is retin-a really that bad?

I forgot to mention i've been on it for 8 months. I had pretty bad red comedones that looked like red depressed scars and retin-a helped get rid of it, or maybe it was just time, I don't know.

So I guess I should go off Retin-a since the majority of people here are recommending me to stop with it. What if I used the lowest percentage of retin-a and less frequently? Like every other 2 days? I'm afraid that if get off retin-a my acne will come back...and people tell me retin-a is good for the spots I have on my face...

Ah...what a dilemma

Retin-A is pretty powerful, and works on more sever acne then you have. It works pretty good in my experience, only problem is that it can cause red pigment, and other discoloration in your skin, especially if you use it and are out in the sun a lot.

yo moisturize ur skin with the moisturizer and jojoba oil from this site and ur skin will turn bacl to normal all that redness and blotcyness will go away trust me do it

yo moisturize ur skin with the moisturizer and jojoba oil from this site and ur skin will turn bacl to normal all that redness and blotcyness will go away trust me do it

Ok thanks for the suggestion.

I was also recommended salicylic acid. Would it be a good idea to follow that recommendation?