Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeah 20 seems very low. My derm said for a person around my weight, 40 mg twice a day is the normal dose. Maybe your derm wants to see how you do first before you raise the amount. Good Luck!

Hey there! I'm on day 9 for Accutane.

I weigh 130 and I'm on 80mg per day.

How are you feeling so far?

hey trevor its nice to see that you are progressing really good. I am also starting on 20mg which I think is kind of low. Il see if i can ask my derm to up the dosage. Good luck on the way to a clear skin

Yeah 20 seems very low. My derm said for a person around my weight, 40 mg twice a day is the normal dose. Maybe your derm wants to see how you do first before you raise the amount. Good Luck!

Thanks for replying guys! but yea my derm said she just wanted to start me on 20 to see how i reacted and to kind of get me used to the medicine. I think it was a good call because i did pretty well with the 20 mg and i didn't have to bad of an IB either. A week ago i went to see her and i got my dose increased to 40 mg per day which im liking so far. She said that she wants to get me up to 60 mg by the end of my course and im totally cool with that because i think thats plenty high for me.

responding to katiebee's question of how im feeling? uhh kinda tired and more fragile than normal. I'm a combat sport athlete and have intense training sessions almost every day, so the accutane just enhances my muscle and joint soreness, but its nothing that i cant handle... yet. Lips and skin are dry. Have trouble concentrating but thats not very severe.

Day 31:

My acne is looking better! lookin mostly better around my face and my forehead is also look better but its still struggling the most. overall im seeing improvement.

On a personal not i had to go to court this morning and my case got dismissed and im off probation so im kinda stoked bout that!

Ok i will get back to u all on sunday.

take care

Yay! Congratulations!!

Anyways, yeah I have dance, cheer, and softball and I've also noticed myself getting more sore and tired than usual. I know it will be worth it in the long run though. (By the way, drink LOTS of water. Accutane can make athletes dehydrated pretty quick.)

I'm clearing up too. It's wonderful, isn't it? I've never had severe acne, and the process kinda sucks at times, but I love being able to look in the mirror and see clearer skin.

Also, when you get you dosage upped, you might want to buy some Benadryl, just in case. Accutane might dry your skin out and cause itching. Benadryl helps at night if your itchy and can't sleep. Oops, I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bossing you around. Just trying to help :)

I'll check in soon!

-Katie

day 33:

Thanks for the replies and the tips Katiebee! and no ur not being bossy dont worry. I already do drink a lot of water, partly cause its the only thing i drink.

I did get a couple new white heads over the past couple days, two small ones on my chin and two on my forehead... i don't really know y... maybe it was because i ate a little dairy the other day. Or maybe its the protein bars, or maybe just random. Other than that im lookin the same. I do think i get a little more flushed during exercise and hot weather. I also am experiencing dryness on the front side of my neck and hands. I hope i see some more changes with the 40 mg.

aight everyone im out ill be back with an update on tues.

day 37:

Not much new to report today, i got two small whiteheads today but the funny this is that i ate pizza, which i do about one every 3 weeks, and then the whitehead became much more noticeable. I dont know i think the cheese definitely affects my acne. My face also got pretty "beat up" yesterday as i was training jiu jitsu and got knocked in the face a lot and caught a couple scratches which suck because i know they dont heal as well cause of the accutane. So its still kinda red and recovering from yesterdays training. So i feel like i look worse today which i might but im hoping its just the redness and wear and tear from all my training. I hope my face gets better soon. Take care all.

day 37:

Not much new to report today, i got two small whiteheads today but the funny this is that i ate pizza, which i do about one every 3 weeks, and then the whitehead became much more noticeable. I dont know i think the cheese definitely affects my acne. My face also got pretty "beat up" yesterday as i was training jiu jitsu and got knocked in the face a lot and caught a couple scratches which suck because i know they dont heal as well cause of the accutane. So its still kinda red and recovering from yesterdays training. So i feel like i look worse today which i might but im hoping its just the redness and wear and tear from all my training. I hope my face gets better soon. Take care all.

Good luck! Keep goin.

day 39:

Hey everyone my forehead has only 2 active pimples (serious knock on wood). and got a couple very small whiteheads on my chin. So overall im pretty hopeful that things will continue to go well.

Ive been drinking a lot of water and getting a lot of sleep so my joint pain and muscle fatigue has been kept to a minimum which im happy about. other than that side affects wise, my skin is really dry and i have red dry patches on my neck and some small ones on my arms. My nose is really dry and blocked up a lot which is weird. Lips are dry of course, and face is also dry. But i moisturize well so its not that much of an issue. But speaking of moisturizer, im not that happy with my cetaphil moisturizer at this point i find it pretty thick and a little greasy and makes my face a little red too. does anyone have any good moisturizers that they recommend, and where i could buy them? thanks all.

day 42:

Acne is looking slightly better overall but i am getting really small whiteheads or pimples every once and a while. My forehead is looking better (knock on wood) and overall i think im slowly but surely improving.

Side affects - dry lips, dry skin, joint pain, muscle soreness, dry patches, fatigue.

On a personal note, im kinda upset because i injured my ankle yesterday, i think i have a little ligament tearing on the inside of my right ankle. Kinda bummed about that cause im very active and hate being injured. Will accutane slow down the healing process for my ankle?

day 44:

a little bummed right now cause i got a little cystic type pimple on my jawline and its pretty inflamed. I iced it a little and am now just going to wait and hope it goes down. I also got a little whitehead below my mouth towards the left side. Kinda annoying but them again if i look at the big picture im doing really well. I guess we start to raise our expectations with our skin and forget what we used to be like. oh well, life goes on.

aight gotta take off and right this paper. blaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

day 47:

Not much difference since the last time i posted. I am realizing that i am getting more flushed when i work out. I also have a type of rash thing on my neck. I originally got if from irritation from getting choked out while training jiu jitsu, but its still there and kinda spreading its shape. I've been putting moisturizer on it in the morning and night but it doesn't seem to be helping. I just put aquaphor on it. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

head up handsome, things are going to be wonderful <3

and as for your rash, i have no idea what it could be, but i'd def tell your derm because it may not be a rash, but i've heard some people get roscea while on accutane?

day 49:

I can tell im looking better and better as the time goes on. Ive got my check up appointment this friday so im nervous but stoked for that. I think im going to try and upload some pictures soon, even though i dont have any from before i started i think it would be cool to show people my progress.

ok peoples be anticipate some pics soon.

take it easy all. and oh yea i think the rash looking thing on my neck is going away cause ive been putting hydro cortisone cream on it which i think is working.

laters

day 51:

Overall complexion is looking better. Got one really small whitehead on my chin today but its nothing substantial. All i have left on my face are red marks that are slowly fading. My forehead is also improving but its much more active than my face. i go to the derm tomorrow for my check up and blood test. keeping my fingers crossed that my blood test goes well. I feel like my side affects are less severe (knock on wood). my lips arent quite as dry and neither is my face. Ok people im going to try to upload some pictures tomorrow or sat. take it easy all.

day 56:

Wow i got lazy... plus a mixture of a ridiculous amount of work to do over the past week. Fuck my professors are cramming in it. But i know i promised pictures, but i only did so because i thought my mom had a camera... that worked. apparently not the case, cord that connects to the computer broke, which isnt a big deal its just a pain to try and get a new one. I dont even know if you can get a new one by itself without buying a hole camera.

I havnt had any active acne on my face now for... 5 days. pretty huge! and oh yea my derm appointment went well, blood test came back fine! which i always stress about because before i got on the medicine they told me i had to wait because my liver enzymes were too high. i waited two weeks and was super depressed cause i went from taking antibiotics and using topicals to just waiting two weeks and doing nuthing but some topical stuff. Im still on 40 mg which im ok with because i think its definately a high enough dose for me right now and im about to go into the third month which is the uber results month. Im anxious to see what will happen. The only real problem as of now is the red marks that im dealing with. if i didnt have red marks on my face, people wouldnt know i had acne.

well wish me luck peoples i hope it continues to go well for me. good luck to everyone out there and i hope life treats you all well.

Hey I haven't checked on you in a while!

I read through your posts and I'm happy for you! Sounds like your clearing up well, and It will keep getting better. I'm on month 2 now, and I also wish the red marks would go away. That's really the only thing bothering me now. Along with the snail-speed healing. Argh.

Keep it up :) I'll talk to you soon.

day 62:

sorry all (and sorry to myself) ive been getting super lazy with the log. I'm getting a little discouraged i guess. my redmarks suck and i ate pizza the other night and my skin couldnt handle it so i broke out a little bit. It sucks to know that my monthly cheating with pizza, of which i love, will have reparations on my skin. But i dont know, looking back it seems like i always breakout a tiny bit just after i get my new subscription. But as of now im taking 40 mg for my third month. so ive taken 20 the first month then 40 the second month and now 40 for this 3rd month. So im hoping for some good improvement this month and hoping that somehow my red marks will go away. aight everyone im out. Hope that it gets better.

day 66?

Yea its the month where im supposed to be getting good results and im actually breaking out a little bit. I got two on my chin area... one was small and the other was a little deeper so its just leaving the area around it redder which sucks. getting really depressed about this. It also sucks i cant do anything for my red marks either. So im just swinging in the wind. discouraged and support would be appreciated.

later all.

I'm also in my second month and feeling a little discouraged. I was getting better for a while there, but now I'm right back to where I started. I really hope this stuff kicks in soon. It would be such an incredible relief to look in the mirror and just see my face, not its flaws.

yea i feel that. i try to avoid mirrors... i dont wanna look in the mirror and get down on my self. my problem now is that when im washing my face or moisturizing and i feel a bump or a pimple ill examine it and most likely try to pop it when i know i shouldnt. so i gotta stop that. but yea im just hoping itll get going soon.

day 69:

Things are shaping up well now. which im happy about, my previous breakouts are healing nicely and my overall complexion seems to be better. My face gets red really easily though, like flushed and stuff.

My body is a lot more fragile than i like it to be. I had to take a couple days off from any kind of exercise to recover. Other than the soreness and fragile muscles and bones, the usual side affects like dry lips, dry skin, sensitive skin etc.

ill check in later... peace.

day 74:

hey everyone. I havnt been updating as often mainly because theres not much different going on day to day. Overall all i dont think i have any active right now, serious knock on wood, because i ate dairy today, and i think it causes me to breakout... well, that and eating to much. Yea thats right i went out to lunch and had a huge meal followed by a cheesecake. Other than a meal like this once every 3 weeks or so i eat a wicked good and clean diet. Im hoping i dont breakout but hey if i do get a pimple or two then ill know it was the food, so i guess thats a positive. So yea now im pretty much dealing with red marks, which we all know suck serious ____ (fill in the blank). Side effects also suck. Im coming off a couple injuries and im beginning to wonder if accutane is having a big effect on them i.e recovery time and pain. oh yea and the usual dryness. Aight catch you all later.

day 79:

All is going pretty well, generally. I have just about no active acne knocking on wood, and even if i do get acne now its really small and not really inflamed, also knocking on wood. still have a good amount of red marks but they are much easier to deal with. I'm flushing easily and have to put lotion on my hands and neck cause they get dry and irritated. dry lips, dry skin, joint pain, muscle pain and soreness. but overall im happy with how my course is going. I am seeing my derm this monday the 20th to get my blood test and perscription refilled. I think this month im going up to 60 mg from 40. So im stoked about the increase in acne benefits but kinda unsure about how it will effect my muscles and joints which im worried about.