Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i read/saw about this .. new ;acne complex;..

i was wondering if anyone has used it yet.. and if so.. is it good or not..

the site for this so called "NEW CURE" is ACNECOMPLEX.com

I bought the Murad acne complex kit for $40!!! It is one of the biggest acne scams ever. I used it for a month with no results. The acne spot treatment cream had this annoying way of making my pimples explode and become much worse. The facial wash and acne eliminating gel are ok but are way too expensive.

I beg to differ; I actually think the Murad acne treatment is good. Heres my brief trial and error story, I first used proactiv for about two years. It worked good, but not great. Though, I believe it was because I didn't use enough of the BP Gel on my face. That’s the one problem with all these acne kits, except Dan's, they never tell you specific directions. They never say how much you should use/ wait for step 1 to dry before going to step 2, etc. I can talk about this for a while, but I'll move on.

I have has the best results from using a combination of Dan's, Botchla's, Proactiv and Murad kit. I uses the C & C blackhead scrub, Murad Clarifying Cleanser (face wash), Murad Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel, Proactiv BP Gel (I bought Dan's Gel and I’ll be switching to it shortly), and Murad Skin Perfection Lotion.

With all these, I have had fantastic results.

-C&C Blackhead Scrub, this has salicylic acid and it opens up your pores

-Murad Clarifying Cleanser, is gentle and also contains SA

-Murad Exfoliating Acne Treatment, this also has SA and it also has an ingredient that is often overlooked, which is Hydrogen peroxide. This helps clear you skin.

-Practiv BP Gel, this gel is great, it is moist and easily spreads onto the skin. I can feel the BP working into my skin.

-Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion, this leaves my skin feeling refreshed and helps reduce any redness that I have from the BP Gel. I have also noticed it leaves my skin with a balanced texture.

I know this is a lot of stuff that I use, but I made a promise not to be lazy and also not be stingy on my face. I'm not rich, but I would rather pay a higher price, for my face to be clear than not.

Here is my daily regimen. I take a shower twice a day, once in the morning and night. I used to take only one shower a day. But I believe two is a must. In the morning when you wake up. I feel so fresh after a shower and awake. The second shower, at night, to take off all the dirt and grease from the day. At the end of my shower, I use the C&C Blackhead scrub first. I massage it gently into my skin and I spend the most time on my nose, making sure to clear of all the blackheads. I rinse it off; making sure I keep my eyes closed, since if you don’t, you will have a slight burning sensation. I then finish my shower off with the Murad Clarifying Cleanser. Then I towel Dry, and gently pat dry my face. I get out of the shower. (I bought a non fog mirror, which is so great, no more wiping the mirror every ten seconds to get rid of the steam.) I apply the Murad Exfoliating Gel, a light spread over the face. I then proceed to get dressed for the day. I always turn on the radio, I’m feeling the Kanye West CD right now, so I'll play the Cd, buy the time one song is done, i'm also done getting dressed. Then Ill proceed to put on the Proactiv BP Gel. It takes my about 5 minutes to evenly spread the BP Gel. I put some scotch tape on my eye brows; since the BP gel dyes the hair. (Thanks to Jenaphile for that tip). Then ill go downstairs and make breakfast. But the time i’m done eating, ill go back upstairs and apply the Murad Lotion. And I do the same at night.

A little about me, I’m 22 years old guy from S. Cali and have been battling acne since I was 13. It is mild acne, a couple of pimples at a time, then it goes away and then a couple come back again. But know, I've been acne free for about a year, and it feels great. My acne never stopped me from having a good time, but it feels so much better know that I know my face looks great. I am so thankful for everyone on this board. I have learned so much and I will always be in debt to you all.

-TAG

o wow..

many people had bad experience with this... PHEW! to think my mom was gonna order this.. !!! wouldve been deadly =;

dang.. thx for the info guys!

yeah i think maybe that some people get results from that murad complex thingy, but not everyone.

myself i tried it for a month, but i stopped using it because it really burned alot, and it dried up my face really bad.

now i am on a custimized version of the regimen, and i am pretty much clear now.

anyway, yeah everyone's skin is different and responds differently to certain types of skin care.

i used it for maybe a month...i had moderate acne....usually on forheard actaully t-zone in general.....i like the cleanser but the exfolating gel in my opinion is gross lol....smells pretty nasty...and leaves your skin kinda shinny...and it made my skin feel sooooooooooooo tight about.....i think the lotion is kinda bulllshit.....its like any other lotion u can buy...kinda heavy but doesnt really absorb well....and i found the spot treatment stung more then anything...i would use it like twice a day on the spots and nothing would happen except for the puss commin out more......u should check out the GMR thread

Murad gave me amazing results. The thing I liked about it most was that the exfoliating gel absorbed real fast and spread really easily (it was a gel, not a cream). It cleared me up almost entirely, after the 1 month trial. It did burn the first few times and the gel stunk like vodka, but I got used to it. I couldn't afford it though.

Murad didn't work for me i tried the kit, it made places where i usually don't break out, break out in small pink bumps. I think i may have had an allergic reaction to the talc in the lotion. the cleanser sucked.. and the gel burned all the time. The only thing i liked was the mask. I also used proactiv and hated it but my hate for murad is much much stronger lol . i recomend checking the ingredients in everythung before you purchase..

Murad DESTROYED my face and made me look 15 years older. I ended up with wrinkles all over my forehead (that I NEVER had) and my skin exploded. I'm really not a person who likes to say things to an extreme, but if anyone wants to try this product it'd be better to order some samples and use in moderation first. I personally attribute it to prolonging my bad skin condition.

I almost bought Murad, but the reviews scared the crap out of me. All of the negative reviews said the exact same thing - these weren't varied side effects - initial clearing, then horrible burning, peeling, reddening, and even cracking of the skin.

I HATE MURAD ACNE COMPLEX! It was the worst $40 ever spent. The exfoliating gel had a drying alcohol in it, and it made my skin all flaky and irritated. I didn't even get any results. The lotion was crap. The whole kit was crap! Don't buy it, please! It's a waste of money.

I tried it and my face felt really tight and shone like a mirror. then i broke out in a terrible rash and there went 40 bucks in the trash.

Im worried now, i just bought this, i have bought it before and it worked well for me but now a week into it again my skin has broken out badly, should i be patient or ditch it?

this is crazy. i used murad for like... 7 or 8 months. it didnt break me out any worse, but it didnt clear up my acne. after going off it my face has gotten so bad, a lot of big painful pimples. sigh.

Murad ruined my skin. Period. I had a few pimples before I went on it...a week after these pimples disappeared, my entire face broke out; it was large, painful, cystic acne and I wanted to cry every day. But the Murad reps told me "this is normal, part of the purging process" so I kept using it. After about 2 months on Murad, my skin just was just getting worse and worse, so I finally stopped. It took about 3-4 months to clear up my skin significantly after using this skin care line.

I would advise you to stay away from Murad...they are also ridiculously expensive.

Im worried now, i just bought this, i have bought it before and it worked well for me but now a week into it again my skin has broken out badly, should i be patient or ditch it?