Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dipoliotic

What not to eat

Hello, I've posted only once before, but this is a good topic for me, because I cut all refined sugar out of my diet three weeks ago.

I have moderate acne. I get a lot of bumps under the surface of my skin that don't come to a head. Stuff that does come to a head I often squeeze or pick at (bad!). I've tried all kinds of pharmaceutical including antibiotics, birth control, accutane x2. I've tried possibly every topical know to man kind. Colonics have helped a lot (kind of traumatizing for some people I know) and helped get my skin into a semi-decent condition but I would still get this persistent acne.

I have a pretty healthy diet, whole grain everything, leafy greens, lentils, fruits and veg, Omega 3 supplements and all that but man, I do love my sugar especially hot chocolate and specialty chocolates. I always figured as long as the rest of my diet was good what would a chocolate bar matter, right?

Wrong it turns out. I had been reading up on sugar and how it is very inflammatory, so I decided to cut it out. The results have been immediate and dramatic. My acne is receding. Existing acne is drying out and disappearing. Red marks, of which I have a lot, are fading. I'm even considering going out not wearing makeup (that is huge for me). My skin is looking a lot better than it has in a long time.

I have to admit that I am having complete sugar withdrawal symptoms (I had a dream about guzzling chocolate last night!) but I don't care. I'm getting a bigger rush of my skin clearing up than any chocolate bar could give. I'm still eating fruit because it doesn't seem to effect the acne. Oh yes, should mention, my other trigger is coffee. Love the stuff, can't touch it.

So I've come to understand that for me, having clear skin is all about denial. This is kind of sad but at the same time I feel very empowered knowing what the hell it was that caused me so much misery all this time coz as we all know Acne Sucks.

One thing about olive oil - you can use EVOO as long as its UNHEATED. as in, don't cook with it, but use it as a dressing or garnish instead. It's just not stable at high heat temperatures

to bunnysnuggle -- CONGRATS!! but, sugar is an addiction. You're not always going to feel like you're in denial; your body isn't going to crave it anymore in a month or so, and then you're going to think about why you ever liked sugar in the first place.

While I was living in south africa last year, the family that I was living with HATED sugar. They couldn't stand it, and it was because they were used to a diet or meat and vegetables. They didn't even like fruit, either. They all had really gorgeous skin, alot of energy, and perfect teeth too (they never had braces, I asked.) again, congratulations!!

My family tbh eats pretty badly so there is alot of bad stuff that is tempting, thats what i think got me to have Acne.

At the moment I have skinned a carrot and am munching on that.

In my fridge I have nothing healthy :D Oh god

My family tbh eats pretty badly so there is alot of bad stuff that is tempting, thats what i think got me to have Acne.

At the moment I have skinned a carrot and am munching on that.

In my fridge I have nothing healthy :D Oh god

nuts are fine

but I dont eat much of them tho

raw celery + almond butter = yummmmmmmmmmmmy

Why avoid Extra virgin olive oil? It's very healthy and it doesn't cause acne

As long as u use this for salads then is good , but is not meant for cooking :)

For cooking I would suggest coconut oil.

Dietary Guidelines

1. Eat whole, natural foods.

2. Eat only foods that will spoil, but eat them before they do.

3. Eat naturally-raised meat including fish, seafood, poultry, beef, lamb, game, organ meats and eggs.

4. Eat whole, naturally-produced milk products from pasture-fed cows, preferably raw and/or fermented, such as whole yogurt, cultured butter, whole cheeses and fresh and sour cream.

5. Use only traditional fats and oils including butter and other animal fats, extra virgin olive oil, expeller expressed sesame and flax oil and the tropical oils—coconut and palm.

6. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, preferably organic, in salads and soups, or lightly steamed.

7. Use whole grains and nuts that have been prepared by soaking, sprouting or sour leavening to neutralize phytic acid and other anti-nutrients.

8. Include enzyme-enhanced lacto-fermented vegetables, fruits, beverages and condiments in your diet on a regular basis.

9. Prepare homemade meat stocks from the bones of chicken, beef, lamb or fish and use liberally in soups and sauces.

10. Use herb teas and coffee substitutes in moderation.

11. Use filtered water for cooking and drinking.

12. Use unrefined Celtic seasalt and a variety of herbs and spices for food interest and appetite stimulation.

13. Make your own salad dressing using raw vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and expeller expressed flax oil.

14. Use natural sweeteners in moderation, such as raw honey, maple syrup, dehydrated cane sugar juice and stevia powder.

15. Use only unpasteurized wine or beer in strict moderation with meals.

16. Cook only in stainless steel, cast iron, glass or good quality enamel.

17. Use only natural supplements.

18. Get plenty of sleep, exercise and natural light.

19. Think positive thoughts and minimize stress.

Meat pirate i beleieve is on the eright track about the digestive syustem

This guy i beleive is on the right track. Its all about digesting, tome i dont beleive it has anything to do with different foods.. That sounds ridiculous, cutting down on foods. What you should try is splitting meals up so u eat more times a day but in less quantities each time. And dont eat fast. Also try to keep the last meal u ate at night not to distant from ur breakfast in the next morning.

Thats all i can say, everytime i have tride these diets, they never work, my soltution is the only thing thats helped me

This guy i beleive is on the right track. Its all about digesting, tome i dont beleive it has anything to do with different foods.. That sounds ridiculous, cutting down on foods. What you should try is splitting meals up so u eat more times a day but in less quantities each time. And dont eat fast. Also try to keep the last meal u ate at night not to distant from ur breakfast in the next morning.

Thats all i can say, everytime i have tride these diets, they never work, my soltution is the only thing thats helped me

I experienced getting clear while having more calories at once but eating less often and digesting food a lot slower... went #2 only once every few days... Avoiding some foods does work.

I experienced getting clear while having more calories at once but eating less often and digesting food a lot slower... went #2 only once every few days... Avoiding some foods does work.

that was a fluke :)

ya eliminating white flour from my diet has made all the difference 4 me. i broke out in cysts on my cheeks and when i stopped eating flour 4 about a week, my face began to clear up and no new cysts r forming. its a hard diet to do but flour is bad and harsh on 4 body anyways. gluten-free is the way 2 go