Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omgu8myrice

I need an INCREDIBLY gentle exfoliator

I'm having a lot of gunk buildup on my face lately and I think I need an exfoliator. The problem is, my face is soooo sensitive to cleansers. A few weeks ago I accidentally used a baby wash soap on my face instead of my cetaphil cleanser and my face was tight and horribly dry for WEEKS. I want to avoid that if possible, naturally. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Have you tried a moisturizer? lots of people get really tight/sensitive skin when they just use cleansers and dont moisturize after.

Andd apparently just wiping your face with a warm cloth is very effective for exfoliation and saves any contact with harmful exfoliator chemicals etc :)

I also have super-sensitive skin and have never been able to use harsh products or exfoliators. For the past 2.5 weeks now, I have been washing my skin with about 3-7 drops of jojoba oil every morning and evening. You would not believe what it's done for my skin.

Once a week I have been exfoliating with a small amount of baking soda mixed with water (i.e. 1 part baking soda to 3 parts water). Then afterwards I rinse and gently rub in a little bit of jojoba and water.

With this routine, my skin's clarity has improved 50-75%. I was already clear from taking fish oil and other supplements religiously.

Try this and I bet it will work for you too. :)