Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NickSalvatori

Cold water: does it do anything?

Hot water opens pores, which makes for a more thorough clean. Cold water closes them. I don't know what the supposed benefit is of closing them with cold water as opposed to them closing on their own after a shower though..

I don't agree with it. It's basically the pansy way of taking a not-hot shower. I think they mean that if you take a hot shower, and then finish it off with cold water, that it will balance it out. I doubt that it works that way because the hot water is still opening your pores. Just start taking warm showers. I remember I made the mistake of thinking extremely hot water on my back would clear my bacne. It's made it worse and I noticed way too late. Turn the knob a little colder each time you take a shower until you get used to it being just warm.

It sucks, I know. A nice hot shower is something I used to look forward to.

Hot water opens pores, which makes for a more thorough clean. Cold water closes them. I don't know what the supposed benefit is of closing them with cold water as opposed to them closing on their own after a shower though..

less likely to get clogged, but yeah it doesn't really make much of a difference when they'll close on their own after 10 minutes.

I read this book "beauty bible" that hot water and cold water can irritate skin, so you can get more acne. She was talking about face but I guess it's the same with body. I love love love hot water but I have to say since using lukewarm on face and body I have seen a difference not too much but something. ;-)