Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pipkin

TCA Peel

Hi guys...

I am new & like every new member searching for answers. I just purchased TCA 100%. I know that it has to be diluted & to be very careful with it. I have read up on it & looked at alot of others comments & am just looking for that one answer that will work for me. One person said to apply vasoline after the peel and wash everyday with noxiema and cold water and then apply sunscreen. Others have said moisturizer and sunscreen. What works best for one may not for another but I would like to know all of my options. I do not have acne but I have some brown spots from sun damage and some fine lines. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks- Pipkin

Im sorry I dont have any answers I was wondering that when you do get yours and try the TCA could you post a blog on how the results were because I am trying to find scar treatment that works. How much did it cost you? it is used for scars right? if not sorry bout next question lol just wondering dont mean to pry what level are your scars on because mine are a five id hope not a six but probably and im just wondering if your regimen is around that level or less. thanks

TCA CROSS. Look it up on these boards and on Google or your preferred search engine. Do not do the procedure until you've read EVERYTHING you can possibly find about TCA CROSS.

I am moving this post to the Scar Treatment forum.

FYI: 100% TCA is NOT for full-face application, just to make sure all persons know that. Do NOT put it on the whole face.

Follow instructions carefully from the site where you purchased it for dilution of the product.

I had TCA peeling done at a beauty salon. Now, it hurt alot and I hated the feeling of it on my skin. However, it did nothing for my scarring or hyperpigmentation problems. I wasted my time and money. I have to admit though, that I would not have done it on my own, it would be too risky. I mean what if something went wrong, thus I think, well in my opinion it is safer to have it done by an experienced person trained in doing these things, because this is your face you are talking about. However, what did not work for me, may work for someone else because everyone's skin is different.

Edited by bollywood

Peels will do nothing for scarring even for the smalled pin size scarring, you also risk adding more scars and a lifetime of enlarged pores. TCA cross on the other hand does work but you have to be very careful and use it sparingly otherwise youll make the scar your treating much larger.