Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Does bacteria have anything to do with acne?

Like touching your face or using a dirty towel to wipe off your face after showering...

I used to be the biggest germaphobe, I remembered I was once playing tennis and the ball came up and from the ground and since it was raining the other day it was all wet. I remember telling my friends I had to go home not long after that just to wash my face. After a while I've come to the conclusion that maybe germs don't have anything to do with acne, and it's just all on diet. (from my experience).

Lots of things cause acne, and yeah one of them is bacteria (Propionibacterium acnes).

I have a few different types of acne that are caused by different things. The bacteria acne Ive got under control using a red/blue light box. My other acne is from being sensitive to shampoo & conditioner. If I dont wash my skin very well after washing my hair I will break out where ever any shampoo or conditioner residue is left on my skin.

I probably have stress acne too (guess that is hormonal), but there isnt anything I can do about that.

Lots of things cause acne, and yeah one of them is bacteria (Propionibacterium acnes).

I have a few different types of acne that are caused by different things. The bacteria acne Ive got under control using a red/blue light box. My other acne is from being sensitive to shampoo & conditioner. If I dont wash my skin very well after washing my hair I will break out where ever any shampoo or conditioner residue is left on my skin.

I probably have stress acne too (guess that is hormonal), but there isnt anything I can do about that.

Thanks for the quick reply. But I see kids at school always touching and smearing their face with their hands and their faces are flawless, especially the girls. I used to be very paranoid about it, is someone was just playing around and would touch my face it would be on my mind the whole day lol

Thanks for the quick reply. But I see kids at school always touching and smearing their face with their hands and their faces are flawless, especially the girls. I used to be very paranoid about it, is someone was just playing around and would touch my face it would be on my mind the whole day lol

some people are sensitive to the bacteria and some people arent ..... just like some people are allergic to milk and some are not. Our skin is part of our immune system and it has its own reaction depending on the individual.