Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lost_Lady

New to site, and looking for some help!

Hey everyone!

I have been blessed with a somewhat clear face and am thankful for what I have, but I would like to know if anyone can help with my breakouts. I have had these whiteheads (I don't think they're whiteheads but looks like them) on my chin for years, and an extraction at the derm doesn't even help. I also have blackheads on my nose, and have most recently been breaking out around my chin. Another concern of mine is, I have a deep scar on my chin, that I have got lasered and it's still not going away. I have attached pics and if anyone can define my type of ance for me, that would be great! Thanks alot! Any advice would be appreciated.

post-93674-1232402362_thumb.jpg

post-93674-1232402373_thumb.jpg

post-93674-1232402362_thumb.jpg

post-93674-1232402373_thumb.jpg

in my opinion,

you have great skin.

don't risk toying with it, otherwise you could cause more damage than good.

but..if you are really all that concerned,

it looks like a mild mild mild case of closed comedonal acne.

i get it aswell,

i have found that when i eliminate sugar from my diet they go down.

so maybe have a look at your diet, especially if you find them to be itchy.

The pictures aren't clear enough to be helpful.

What does the derm say? And do the extractions help temporarily, or really not at all?

I'm sorry the pictures were taken with a camera phone...My camera broke a couple weeks ago. From what I read on this forum and numerous searches online I have diagnosed myself with closed comedone acne. I have a photoshoot tomorrow and have been breaking out badly lately...I have no idea what's going on. I'm on birth control, wash my face every morning and night with a neutrogena facial bar, eat well, and exercise daily...No idea what's going on here, but I'm not giving up! I will conquer this! Any advice given is appreciated.

Facial bars are never non-comedogenic. The ingredients that keep them in bar form can irritate the skin and clog pores.

Switch to Cetaphil and see what happens. You should also be exfoliating at least every other day. In your case, a facial brush might be better than a scrub.