Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brenton B

"Diet isn't related to acne..." Bullcrap! Here is my proof!

Ok, I'm on day 3, I'm starting this.

This acne is driving me INSANE.

I'll do WHATEVER it takes.

I've been on the paleo diet 6 months - although I drank a load of beer during this time. For the past 7 weeks, however, I have not drank any alcohol, and I've adhered to the paleo diet and had no luck. My problem, I'm 99% certain, is that I was indulging on LOADS of sweet fruit, something like 350 grams of carbs from fruit per day.Way too much- ridiculous. Sugar's AWFUL for the human body. Fruit's great for most people, as long as it's not overdone.

So, day 4 tomorrow, I'm finding it fine so far.

Edited by TalkingMonkey

I was really hoping to include cashews, almonds, and some sunflower and pumpkin seeds.

I need the calories - I'm a weightlifter.

Is there a problem with any of those foods?

Anonymou5 seems to be doing fine with pumpkin seeds.

I was really hoping to include cashews, almonds, and some sunflower and pumpkin seeds.

I need the calories - I'm a weightlifter.

Is there a problem with any of those foods?

Anonymou5 seems to be doing fine with pumpkin seeds.

I have the same issue, I also lift weights so I have chosen to include Brazil nuts and cashews in my diet to get the calories. See my signature for my log.

Regarding the candida nuts shouldn't be bad as it's generally allowed on an anti-candida diet. However it might be harder to digest than meat/fish and vegetables to you might consider soaking some of the nuts before consuming.

Good luck and I hope to see a log from you so we can share experiences and food-tips

Edited by White Fox

Alright, messed up.

I'm living at home and my mother bought a ton of fruit (for me). Neither of my parents really eat a whole lot of fruit.

So, I just got back from the gym, and there was fck-all food, besides all the fruit and some fish. So I had some mangos and bananas. I'm gonna tell my mother not to buy any fruit for me, when I see her next.

That's it. I'm done now. Minor setback. No more sugar!

I wouldn't have touched it if it wasn't lying there in the house, perfectly ripe, going to waste.

Alright, messed up.

I'm living at home and my mother bought a ton of fruit (for me). Neither of my parents really eat a whole lot of fruit.

So, I just got back from the gym, and there was fck-all food, besides all the fruit and some fish. So I had some mangos and bananas. I'm gonna tell my mother not to buy any fruit for me, when I see her next.

I wouldn't have touched it if it wasn't lying there in the house, perfectly ripe, going to waste.

Hahaha, This exact thing happened to me today, but I actually managed to resist the temptation. I usually eat a lot of fruit so when I had dinner with my mum today she had bought in grapes, mangos, ananas and more. I said some shit about being full after dinner(chicken, salad and bacon) and not wanting fruit. It's ages since I last tried to explain to family about my new diet regimes. However I was craving for it and had to get out of the house before being to tempted.

Look what acne makes us give...

Edited by White Fox
Alright, messed up.

Hahaha, This exact thing happened to me today, but I actually managed to resist the temptation. I usually eat a lot of fruit so when I had dinner with my mum today she had bought in grapes, mangos, ananas and more. I said some shit about being full after dinner(chicken, salad and bacon) and not wanting fruit. It's ages since I last tried to explain to family about my new diet regimes. However I was craving for it and had to get out of the house before being to tempted.

Look what acne makes us give...

Fair play, you did the right thing.

Damn, this sucks!

My skin looks extremely rough today...bah.

It doesn't matter how much natural confidence you have, it's virtually impossible to be confident with a pizza face.

I know this diet that guy did doesn't work for everyone....

I did the anti-candida diet for 2 years.

Did the detox, the fast, the colen cleans, the everything anti-candida.

I was already way too skinny and avoiding carbs wasn't a good idea.

Your body use carbs as the 1st source of energy.

Carbless diets will make you more tiring. Some people say it doesn't, but yeah sure. I tried to believe that. Get back on the carbs and you'll notice a difference.

Anyways, this didn't help me for anything.

Once I stopped, I came to a concluding that I do not have candida. And when I started to eat bread again, I ate the whole loaf of bread in one go. Bread didn't taste as good as it did that day.

I just eat very little sugary foods since carbs is a sugar. I eat a lot of carbs and fat and protein. My skin didn't get worse, actually got better after I left this diet. Now, if I can only gain weight...

I still don't drink soda as it was extremely hard to stop drinking it, but I haven't drinked for like 5 years now. Except yesterday, I heard 7-up helps with cold symptoms. Oh well, I'm not addicted to the stuff. :D

Also, I don't really eat any sugary stuff, I tend to avoid it because I seem to break out if I eat sugary stuff like cakes and candies. Also avoid milk as I seem to breakout and I'm lactose intolerant anyways.

Doing this diet is hard, but it can be done. But I'm sure not everyone has candida. Those spit tests aren't accurate.

Yeah, 2 years. Sounds sketchy.

If you'd eaten bread after 2 years on an anti-candida diet, you would have felt a very unpleasant scorching/parch-like sensation in your mouth from the very unusual introduction of carbs after such a long time without them, and you would have felt nauseous after.

Also, in ketosis the body's energy levels return to normal - if not better than energy derived from carbs, as studies has shown on tribal members who doon't eat carbs.

Anyway, meh. I'm keeping this up. I have ZERO energy problems whatsoever. I'm slightly nonplussed - shouldn't I be tired? Today my skin is looking far better than it has in ages. I'm feeling great about this.

The only downside is that I sometimes have a strange taste in my mouth. I hope my breath is ok - I have a date in a few days...

why does the thread starter never come back again ?....really need his info...

Brenton has actually given us all the info we need. You should just read the entire thread and every question you have will have an answer. One thing I wonder about is what happened to the website brenton was working on...??

Offcourse it weould be great if he came back to answer some of the last questions and tell us how he's doing, but to be honest I'm not going to hang around on the internet if i get toatally clear. No one can blame the guy for being out living his life.

Hey Brenton,

great achievement. Would you mind giving us a little update?

The biggest 'issue' I have with this program is that after you're clear, you're STILL not allowed to eat normally. But maybe you can, I don't know.

According to that Bee website, she says you have to do the diet for as many months as years you've been sick (acne). In your case that would be at least 14 months. So maybe after this period of time, one would be COMPLETELY healed?

Buck is right

However you don't have to stick to a candida diet for life. Most people go on this diet for anywhere from 3 months to a couple years to effectively kill the yeast and fungus overgrowth. After you have effectively killed these bastards you can start adding some foods back into your diet, if they still give you a problem then obviously get rid of them.

No one here would recommend you ever go back to eating all the fake processed crap that is called food here, but you can re-introduce some fruit and eat grains very sparingly.

Brenton is now on a Paleo diet which is very similar to a candida diet but it includes fruit and milk sources.

Pretty sure he's doing good and sticking to the diet, otherwise he would be back on the boards.

PANIC

i'm still around, but acne-free for the most part, so i don't check the forums very often especially since i know how to keep my skin clean now.

i get a pimple maybe once a month simply from straying from my paleo-diet and eating what i shouldn't. it commonly occurs after i smoke herb because i get excessively hungry, and i'll just eat whatever is around which sometimes includes potato chips, candy, chips, soda, or alcohol if i'm at a party.

just to clarify: i smoke once or twice every 2 weeks with friends or before i workout because i occasionally find it difficult to consume enough calories in a day to keep my weight up now that i've been weight training regularly. i'm not sure if anyone else can relate, but when i'm not already hungry or i'm previously full from eating, and then i have to eat more to make my calories for the day... ugh! it's almost like a chore at that point... until i smoke lol.

i'm not saying for everyone to do this because i know i can do it in moderation, and i sometimes go for months at a time without smoking, but i know other people who can't moderate their smoking habit or choose not to, and they end up sitting around all day doing nothing worthwhile.

anyhow, to get back on topic: if i stray from my diet which happens once a month, i usually expect to get 1-2 new pimples over the next few days. i can get my skin totally clear again within a 7-10 days though by sticking to a strict diet like i did in the beginning eating only lean meats, lots of green leafy vegetables, and fatty oils like extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil.

i have a glass of tea, then i put 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into the cup while the tea is still hot, so it melts the coconut oil into liquid form to drink with the tea. i drink this in the morning and in the evening just because it seems to fit my schedule best (usually because it gives me a really smooth BM within an hour of drinking it).

as for vitamins...

morning:

1/2 of a multivitamin

200mg of niacin

afternoon:

1/2 of the multivitamin from earlier

evening:

100-200mg of niacin

i follow this for about 7-10 days until the pimple goes away, then i go back to eating my paleo-diet.

if i ever break out, it's because i made a poor food or drink choice, and i know how to fix it relatively quickly, so i sometimes weigh my options.

for example: my friend made an amazing tiramisu which kinda looked like this but a little messier lol http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/09/23/...166_468x408.jpg and "It is made of savoiardi (otherwise known as lady finger biscuits) dipped in espresso or strong coffee or rum, layered with a whipped mixture of egg yolks, mascarpone cheese, and sugar, and topped with cocoa." -wikipedia

now, i can choose to pass up on that and keep my skin clear, or i can indulge in it's deliciousness and expect to get a pimple or two over the next few days... life is boring without taking risks, so i'll give in and have some cake haha.

if i wanted to stay clear for months or maybe even a year, i could do it if i made sure never to stray from the paleo-diet. the reality of the situation is that i'm human, and i want to experience certain things in life, but sometimes they come with consequences (like acne in my case). unfortunately, the tiramisu also had dairy in it, so my butt suffered a bit as well since i'm gluten & lactose intolerant :"(

since i probably won't be back on these forums for another few weeks or months, i wanted to address anyone who sent private messages. i'm very sorry to admit this, but i can't respond to them all, and i don't intend to read them all either. it says my inbox is 91% full from messages that have built up while i was away, and from what i can tell from the first 3-4 i attempted to respond to, they are asking questions i've already answered somewhere throughout this thread.

i will say that i have decided to make another attempt at finishing my website though. i stopped before because i had some financial issues curse me for a few months when i was working on the site last time. now that my money issue is resolved, i'm going to take another stab at it. i'll try to make the information so damn easy to comprehend, a kindergartener could understand it hah

Edited by Brenton B

Good to hear from you Brenton. I know you have inspired a lot on the boards to try your diet for getting clear. I can understand that you want to be out living your life now that you're clear, but it's nice if you keep posting every once in a while!

I particulary like Brenton's attitude because that's how I look at things too. You need to enjoy life and he seems to have found a good balance. This is very encouraging

And btw, Tiramisu might be the best desert ever!!!

And btw, Tiramisu might be the best desert ever!!!

oh it's top 3 best desserts in my book, and the texture was smooth like velvet. it was worth being sick over for the following day or so :D

Hey Brenton, good for you man! Sounds like you have found a perfect balance. What kind of tea do you drink with the coconut oil? It sounds pretty good, I like coconut oil in coffee.

brenton..regarding liver flush, do you think this is a crucial part in your system..? how many flushes you had already done so far ? did you pass any stones ? can you share your experience about liver flush from first flush second third and so on ? is it true we can't see the result only on the first flush ?

What kind of tea do you drink with the coconut oil?

my favorite is mint tea, but i've used all sorts of different flavored teas with it. the coconut oil flavor isn't too overpowering, so the flavor combination tends to work well with any teas you would drink and enjoy without coconut oil melted into it.

do you think this is a crucial part in your system? how many flushes you had already done so far? did you pass any stones? can you share your experience about liver flush from first flush second third and so on ? is it true we can't see the result only on the first flush ?

looking back on it, the flushing is mostly just to help keep your bowels moving because switching to a high protein, low carb diet tends to constipate people. i would say to do them mostly when you haven't had a BM in awhile. originally, i thought the flushes were very beneficial to my skin, but i've had friends do the flushes without the diet because they were curious to see if it'd help them, and they didn't see results like i was. i'm almost certain the diet is the most important aspect of managing your skin, and the flushes are supplemental if you are having issues with constipation.

Edited by Brenton B

Brent, you should also try peppermint tea with organic stevia powder (the unprocessed one). For some reason, the taste of both together is just...magical.

Also, do you think sunflower seeds are okay even at the beginning? They make such a great addition to any meal, especially salads.

I wanted to point out that your symptoms described before your diet match with mine at about 95%, so there are VERY good chances the regimen will work for me too(I hope). I have almost exactly the same weight/height ratios you had before too. Acne completely destroyed my self-confidence in my teen years and I also turned to PCs overuse and inside only life as a result.

Final question: Do you ever think you'll be fully cured?