Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bulgarian R.

Stem Cells for Acne Scar Repair (SCIENCE FACT, not science fiction!)

BRD, if I posted a picture of my scars would you advise if you think PRP would be a worthwhile investment and what other treatments might be used in conjunction?

I have no inclination to use fraxel based on the differing reports and especially the negativity around fraxel repair with new scars forming. I feel that my scars are evident but mild at the same time and that an improvement of anywhere between 50 - 70% would be enough for me to feel content.

Your advise would be appreciated.

Regards

If you give us your address,those of us who gets treated by you will go out in the world and show everyone how effective your procedures are!!!This is much better than just asking the other doctors alone and some of us will get the improvement we want!!!2 birds 1 stone!!!

i dont think this is necessary ... simply having good quality before and after photos to take with us to doctors/dermatologists would be effective.

also BRD .. if we do mangage to get other dermaotlogsts to use your procedure whats the chances of them patenting themselves ?

Hi BRD

Hope you are well. I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on a few things? I was wondering what you thought of a centrifuge with 13680G capability to separate stem cells and how that compares with the Cellution machine? Would that be comparable? Better? Worse?

I was told the high speed destroys the large adipocytes type, leaving a higher number of adipose stem progenitor cells in pellet.

Also, what do you think of fat transfer into the vascular bed of the muscle as just under the skin in order to prolong the graft?

The reason I ask is because I have decided on fat transfer with stem cells but one doctor is highly skilled in fat transfer but uses the 13680G centrifuge while the other isnt so skilled in fat transfer but has access to a cellution machine. I am trying to decide on the best option.

Thanks

Heidi!

hello BRD i will gladly send you some photos of the results from my exoderm peel, please could you tell me how i can send you them, im pretty new to all this internet stuff!!

I am astounded by the faith shown by several members in the BRD. Not to say BRD does not have our best interest at heart, or lack the qualification to treat us. Nonetheless, I am surprised that so many people here believe he is able to do for us what apparently no other doctors can.

Having said that, I hope fervently that stem cell treatment, if it works, becomes widespread soon and receive FDA approval. However, I am highly skeptical that patient feedback to dermatologist, who will in turn feedback to the researchers, is a viable recourse. I think the voice of an insider within the scarring research community will be better received as opposed to our voices.

Btw, I haven't found the time to call the Belgian researcher's co-worker yet. I might call him tomorrow but if I end up being too busy, it'll have to wait until next week.

As you may have guessed; I haven't found the time. So it'll have to wait until next week. By the looks of things, I'll call them next Wednesday.

Well, I haven't been able to call this week, either. lol I've just been too busy. Here's hoping I'll find the time in the upcoming week. ;)

I wouldn't expect too much, though. I'm just going to ask him a few general questions.

Take care, everybody! :)

Ok, so I think I'll have the time to call him this week.

Btw, if you have something you'd like me to ask him, dear reader, you can post your question in this thread. And then I might ask him that. I'll probably call him Wednesday, so if you'd like me to ask him anything in particular be sure to post it before then, ok?

Also, just for laughs, I wonder if X-Cell knows about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Cell

:lol:

Does he have a list of clinics providing stem cell treatments? Its kinda tiring searching for clinics providing these treatments, as they are mostly asian clinics which dun show up on google. It will be tremendously helpful if there is a list stating the locations of clinics providing this treatment.

Does he have a list of clinics providing stem cell treatments? Its kinda tiring searching for clinics providing these treatments, as they are mostly asian clinics which dun show up on google. It will be tremendously helpful if there is a list stating the locations of clinics providing this treatment.

I remember the receptionist saying that the man I'm going to call could provide me with information regarding stem cell treatments, so chances are he has a list like that.

I'll ask him that Wednesday, Vanzzzz. :)

Has anyone been treated with stem cells for acne scars ? Could someone please post where and by who ? I'd travel to Jupiter if I have to.

Has anyone been treated with stem cells for acne scars ? Could someone please post where and by who ? I'd travel to Jupiter if I have to.

Please take a look at the first page. BRD posted a couple of pics which showed excellent results.

Yeah, the pictures look great, but can anyone provide real solid contact information ?

I better start saving money for the procedure then. Hope you will post more info soon i care to help. I can feel how hard your journey was.

I was just looking at the website of the research center I wanted to call and they have this long text on there which explains the research they're doing. So it's kind of pointless for me to call them because from that text I can tell what I wanted to find out by calling them.

So I'll just send an e-mail to them in a minute in which I'll ask them if they have a list of centers where patients can perhaps go to in the present time.

Hey BRD,

I'm curious if this procedure could work for other types of scaring such as stretch marks, burns or cuts? The reason I ask is I came across a doctor here in LA advertising his usage of mesenchymal stem cells but the advertisement was for stretch marks. I'm not a doctor, but from what I understand this procedure of harvesting and injecting mesenchymal stem cells could work for all scaring, right? Sorry this is a little off topic but could you please confirm this?

Thank you

Hi Sarah222,

I'm not sure if the way in which I use stem cells would help stretch marks. I think you'd be able to get some improvement, but I don't believe that the results will be perfect. As you know, acne scars generally are visible because of the dermal and subdermal damage which usually causes tissue atrophy. If the skin at that location was to be level with undamaged skin then the acne scar would become next to invisible. Thus I use stem cells as a way augment that tissue by way of histological regeneration. On the other hand, for stretch marks to disappear, you'd need to have something that can completely remodel your skin. I think with more powerful and better controlled regenerative techniques that utilize pluripotent stem cells (instead of multipotent types that I use) and gene therapy this may very well be possible. :)

Thank you BRD, I realize that you probably are busy in your field of work and I for one am very grateful that you take the time answer our questions. You give everyone here hope and that is what people need. Thank you again.

China is Southeast Asia, right? Did you catch this, earlier in the thread?

http://www.stemcellspuhua.com/

That one's in Beijing. :)

Yea i even emailed them too!!!! The process seems promising, but I am currently not in a position to go to China for 2 weeks for treatment.

HEY GUYS TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!! IT SOUNDS PROMISING!!!

http://medspa.squarespace.com/display/Show...ategoryId=37646

China is Southeast Asia, right? Did you catch this, earlier in the thread?

http://www.stemcellspuhua.com/

That one's in Beijing. :)

Yea i even emailed them too!!!! The process seems promising, but I am currently not in a position to go to China for 2 weeks for treatment.

HEY GUYS TAKE A LOOK AT THIS!!! IT SOUNDS PROMISING!!!

http://medspa.squarespace.com/display/Show...ategoryId=37646

Hmm.. 28,000Yuan would equal to $4100 U.S. dollars. I wonder how effective, or how much results one could expect by doing this treatment..??