Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crap on a stick you guyssssssssss.......I keep accidentally going over my eyebrows with BP. I'm so used to just applying lotion everywhere and such, and BP can bleach your hair I heard. How do I break this habit? I do it without thinking and then I'm like "Crappppppppp", and try and wash it off.

You might try applying a layer of Vaseline jelly to your eyebrows before you apply the bp. This will form a barrier.

Otherwise, you're just going to have to be super careful with it. Although I haven't seen very many people complain of their eyebrows getting bleached.

I've used BP on my eyebrows right from the very start, and also at the divide between face and hair. It doesn't really seem to bleach my hair anything at all..

You might try applying a layer of Vaseline jelly to your eyebrows before you apply the bp. This will form a barrier.

Otherwise, you're just going to have to be super careful with it. Although I haven't seen very many people complain of their eyebrows getting bleached.

Knowing me, I would just accidentally mix the Vaseline up with the BP :\

I've used BP on my eyebrows right from the very start, and also at the divide between face and hair. It doesn't really seem to bleach my hair anything at all..

Well that's good to know :) I have dirty blonde hair if that makes a difference. I care more about it bleaching my eyebrows than my hair, it would look plain wrong, LOL.

I've use it on my eyebrows and it never once bleached my eyebrows. I think it's just fabrics, and you are pretty safe to use it on the eyebrows.

I never have a problem getting my eyebrows bleached, but it will clump in your eyebrows and then eventually form flakes.

I seem to be getting dead skin beneath my eyebrows from the BP anyway. It sucks.

umm just dont put it on ur eyebrows..........its that easy. r u high?

but anyways if u have bleached eyebrows (mine lightened from BP) u can atke one of those black (or w.e color u used to have) colored pencils for ur eye liner or something (sorry im a guy). And go over ur eyebrows with it

but anyways if u have bleached eyebrows (mine lightened from BP) u can atke one of those black (or w.e color u used to have) colored pencils for ur eye liner or something (sorry im a guy). And go over ur eyebrows with it

Yeah, I'm high because I accidentally went over my eyebrows with BP :rolleyes: And I'd rather not color in my eyebrows like Grandma's do. I will just have to avoid the area.

Yeah, I'm high because I accidentally went over my eyebrows with BP :rolleyes: And I'd rather not color in my eyebrows like Grandma's do. I will just have to avoid the area.

lol, someone was grumpy.

lol, someone was grumpy.

LOL I flippin got asked if I was high on a forum :lol:

haha becuz u acted as if u werent capable of avoiding ur eyebrows with BP..thats something I do when im high

Well good for you. I didn't say I wasn't capable. It's only my 2nd time doing the regimen, it's just a habit of putting product all over my face without thinking. Now I need to stop and think about how BP can bleach hair for some people.

I've been on The Regimen for eight months now, and I've never even bothered trying to avoid getting it on my eyebrows. Like you, my hair is naturally dishwater blonde, and, while I've noticed that since I've been using The Regimen my eyebrows have turned a little brassy under bright lights (which I actually think is kind of pretty), they haven't been "bleached". Any lightening of your hair will be minimal. No worries.

i really didnt care because i thought it would be funny if it did bleach them, and nothing has happened so ur good!

I barely have eyebrows so no problem for me :dance: (supposedly i got that from my dad :shifty: )

Proactive (also has BP)bleached my hair and my pillow cases and my shirt collars

:teehee:

bp WILL bleach your eyebrows if you get it on them. it will be more obvious on different colored hair, but i'm brunette with darker eyebrows, and you can tell where i've gotten bp on my eyebrows--it's a brassy color. i pay more attention now than i did when i first started the regimen, but back then i remember people asking me if i bleached my eyebrows to match my hair. :redface: i just said "yes."

I have the same issue-dark hair and eyebrows...I try to avoid my eyebrows and also my hairline...but it def is getting brassy and bleached looking...even if I avoid these areas...it still seems like some gets on them and then we are back to brassy again...

if you color you hair you could have them apply a small amount of color to your eyebrows...which is sort of a pain in the butt...but I guess its going to be an ongoing issue.......so anyone else have any other options?

Do what works for you in regards to proactive etc...--derms do not know everything --but PLEASE remember skin cancer is horrible and very serious!! You think it will not happen to you but it can very easily. I am 37 and have had 3 spots removed. One on my shoulder, chest and in my hair. IT sucks to put it mildly and the scars do not go away-no matter how good your surgeon is. I have read so many messages where they think sun is helping acne and I understand it may some. BUT you will not die from acne but you can from skin cancer.

I have dark brown hair and black eyebrows. I've gotten it on my eyebrows tons of times and it never bleached them... *maybe* made them a tiny bit lighter but it's hard to tell. The only problem I ever have with my eyebrows is that if I get the bp on the thicker side and don't smooth it down right away, the hair gets stuck sticking up :razz: I even got it in my hair once and it didn't bleach it!

I get huge clumps in my eye brows and it would dry out the skin under my eyebrows and it would drip into my eyes

so I started dipping a tissue in water and just doing a circle around my eyes it has worked really well for me

It won't happen right away, but BP definitely lightened my eyebrows over time. Nothing drastic, from dark brown to a brassier lighter brown. It also bleached some of the smaller hairs along my hairline.