Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do it the other way round.

BP first, then moisturise.

Then again I just wouldn't use BP, try some glycolic acid cream (no more than 15%). It's treats acne aswell as refining the texture of your skin whilst lessening the appearance of any scarring.

10% Glycolic Acid Moisturiser (50ml)

This fabulous non-greasy cream helps diminish fine lines, acne and discolorations while helping to improve skin texture and smoothness. By removing the top layer of dead skin cells and stimulating new cell growth, our moisturiser will enable your skin to maintain its healthiest complexion whilst keeping it soft and supple.

The moisturiser helps to eliminate acne by unclogging pores and breaking down the bond of oils, bacteria and skin cells deep beneath the skin which are the main causes for spots and blackheads.

Also Contains:

Vitamin A (Retinol): Repairing, increases cell turnover.

Vitamin C: Antioxidant, invigorating, neutralises free-radicals.

Vitamin D3: Improves skin tone, repairing.

Vitamin E: Healing, antioxidant.

When Will I See Results?

As soon as you start to apply the moisturiser on a daily basis, you will notice that your skin feels smoother and looks clearer. You may also notice a 'glow' to your skin, due to increased circulation. Since all individuals are different, results will vary.

Optimum results can be acheived by using this product in conjunction with our other daily maintenance products - Night Cream, Cleanser, Toner and Body Lotion.

Suitable for: Oily, Dry, Combination and Maturing skin.

This product can increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun, therefore we recommend the use of a SPF 15 - 25 sunscreen while using this product.

Neither the product or any of the ingredients have been tested on animals.

Contains:

Purified Water, Glycolic Acid, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Vitamin A, Vitamin E Acetate, Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Vitamin C, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Safflower Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Vitamin D3, Fragrance.

Then again I just wouldn't use BP, try some glycolic acid cream (no more than 15%). It's treats acne aswell as refining the texture of your skin whilst lessening the appearance of any scarring.

10% Glycolic Acid Moisturiser (50ml)

This fabulous non-greasy cream helps diminish fine lines, acne and discolorations while helping to improve skin texture and smoothness. By removing the top layer of dead skin cells and stimulating new cell growth, our moisturiser will enable your skin to maintain its healthiest complexion whilst keeping it soft and supple.

The moisturiser helps to eliminate acne by unclogging pores and breaking down the bond of oils, bacteria and skin cells deep beneath the skin which are the main causes for spots and blackheads.

Also Contains:

Vitamin A (Retinol): Repairing, increases cell turnover.

Vitamin C: Antioxidant, invigorating, neutralises free-radicals.

Vitamin D3: Improves skin tone, repairing.

Vitamin E: Healing, antioxidant.

When Will I See Results?

As soon as you start to apply the moisturiser on a daily basis, you will notice that your skin feels smoother and looks clearer. You may also notice a 'glow' to your skin, due to increased circulation. Since all individuals are different, results will vary.

Optimum results can be acheived by using this product in conjunction with our other daily maintenance products - Night Cream, Cleanser, Toner and Body Lotion.

Suitable for: Oily, Dry, Combination and Maturing skin.

This product can increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun, therefore we recommend the use of a SPF 15 - 25 sunscreen while using this product.

Neither the product or any of the ingredients have been tested on animals.

Contains:

Purified Water, Glycolic Acid, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Vitamin A, Vitamin E Acetate, Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Vitamin C, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Safflower Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Vitamin D3, Fragrance.

http://www.perfectskin.uk.com/Scripts/prod...sp?idproduct=81

Not sure whether they do International shipping, but you can probably find a similiar product in the US.

I use this product twice daily and have noticed significant results, I don't have red patches where I used to apply BP and my skin doesn't look like it belongs to a 70 year old, I don't even have to wash my face twice a day anymore which is nice.

Thank you calibos :]

also umm does it have any side effects liek if u use to much your skin burns.... LOL

P.S im hyper...LOL!!!

It does sting when you apply it, which only means it's working, you could try just using it at night to minimize any potential redness - though i've never had any problems with it. Just stick some moisturiser on after about 10 minutes and you're good to roll.

P.s. zomgz! Me too! wooooooooooooo :dance: lolz

Tiny amounts of acne like this are easy to control with less sugar/dairy intake. I can completely stop new pimples from coming up by simply cutting them out of my diet. My face is pretty damaged though so unfortuneatly for me it doesn't really help what diet I use unless I just wanna keep from getting more spots.

Be happy that you have 4 zits, chances are nobody even notices. The people you talk about perhaps don't hang out with you anymore not because of your acne but because people change (drastically from middle school to high school) and there is a lot more 'competition' for that "p&p" spot. It's not a big deal.

The only year where I "upped and downed" in high school was in grade 8 and thats because I was a shy, insecure, pubescent teenager that didnt know where I fit in. I had friends, but.. there was never really any that I was emotionally connected to, and I just didnt fit in with them.

At the start of grade 9 I found my friends, and.. you know what? My popularity never changed with them which is amazing.

But maybe my school hierarchy isn't as intense as other schools? I was never one to care about being popular or being in a clique. I just liked being with my friends, and.. that really hasnt changed now since I graduated..

And even with acne I got a boyfriend, it didnt last long because of issues I had with things other than acne, but now.. Him and I are really good friends.

I guess what Im trying to say here, in a less than straight forward and perfect manner is.. dont let acne rule your life. You're the guide and this is just a trial, that you have to overcome and don't let it beat you. More than likely, if you let it.. you'll regret it.

Tiny amounts of acne like this are easy to control with less sugar/dairy intake. I can completely stop new pimples from coming up by simply cutting them out of my diet. My face is pretty damaged though so unfortuneatly for me it doesn't really help what diet I use unless I just wanna keep from getting more spots.

Be happy that you have 4 zits, chances are nobody even notices. The people you talk about perhaps don't hang out with you anymore not because of your acne but because people change (drastically from middle school to high school) and there is a lot more 'competition' for that "p&p" spot. It's not a big deal.

Ok, before you start telling a 13 year old girl to watch her diet... remember that she is, in fact, STILL A KID. She's breaking out because she's going through puberty.

Hey I think you are very pretty. Your skin looks great, I wish my skin is as good as your skin. Also you said your friends are already having sex so I assume they are also 13? I cant believe 13 year olds are already having sex. I am 17 and I have never even had a girlfriend.. lol i am so lame

Hey there, Cookey here; You are not lame for being 17 and not having a girlfriend; Theres no problem with being single, trust me, lol. =].. Anyways, you sound like a great guy with a great personality, I'm sure a great girl will come to you before you even know it, you just have to be patient =]

Anyways, to Serentiy: it's great that you found this site early on in your battle against acne.. it sure is loaded with all kinds of information about acne, regimens to try, and most importantly: really kind and compassionate people who are willing to help you out. I kind of wish that I had found it earlier on in my life, lol. But in the mean time, try not to touch your face :naughty: , as doing so will most likely irritate it and cause more problems than you'll ever want.. I speak from experience. :(

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message; or just post it up, there'll be plenty of people to respond/help you out.

-CM

Ok, before you start telling a 13 year old girl to watch her diet... remember that she is, in fact, STILL A KID. She's breaking out because she's going through puberty.

I'm not 18, I'm still a kid. If she uses BP and all that crap there is a chance she could end up like all of us and have super irritated skin and start picking and it will lead to scars and left over marks and all that bullshit.

I did not anywhere in that message tell a 13 year old girl to watch her diet. I said its easy to control with less sugar and dairy intake.

Did I say she wasn't breaking out because of puberty?

And no, I didn't imply anything either. I don't see the need for you to start flaming me for no apparent reason at all. I just offered her a way that I use that helps me keep new ones from popping up. I didn't say she HAD to use it. Sorry that this post seems like I'm flaming you back because I know I sound like an asshole but I'm in a pretty shitty mood right now so yeah, apologies.

You only have very mild acne, I suggest you don't mess around with harsh topicals because you will just make it worse, as people have said, you are going through puberty, so there isn't much you can do to stop them.

I use this product twice daily and have noticed significant results, I don't have red patches where I used to apply BP and my skin doesn't look like it belongs to a 70 year old, I don't even have to wash my face twice a day anymore which is nice.

Yay! I am glad the glycolic acid is working out for you and that perfectskin turned out to have good products. :D That was a while back that you were asking about glycolic acid, I remember.