Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XXWALKTHISWAYXX

WTF Is Wrong With My Face? Pictures Included

wow that's nothing to even worry about. i wish my skin was like that. what i would do if you wanted to improve. do the cavemen regimen. dont wash your face with any products, nothing. dont even wash your face. just live your life like acne wasnt there. and also take 2-3 grams of fish oil a day.

just stop using any products, it'll make it worse.

wow that's nothing to even worry about. i wish my skin was like that. what i would do if you wanted to improve. do the cavemen regimen. dont wash your face with any products, nothing. dont even wash your face. just live your life like acne wasnt there. and also take 2-3 grams of fish oil a day.

just stop using any products, it'll make it worse.

I don't think I can stop using products cold turkey, but I'm probably going to cut down. I want my new regimen to consist of:

AM - Clean and Clear BP Wash, Moisturizer

PM - Sulfar Wash, Shea Butter

Ok BP is better for inflammed acne. U have comedonal acne like me! (isn't it fun) U need to find a good BHA (salicylic acid) treatment. Itll take a little while but after a month u should see significant improvement. It might break u out at first but keep using it cause its just purging ur skin. U can also try to find a good retinoid, a derm can give u retin A or differin, or if u search green cream on google thats an over the counter version. AND dont use shea butter unless ur really dry, its way too thick. STOP using a billion things on ur face too cause that could be contributing to it. Ill post a link of a bunch of things good for closed comedones (what u have)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Clearing-...in-t130593.html

good luck! im in the "purging" stage rt now. its not pretty but i know itll pass eventually and hopefully itll get rid of my comedonal acne

you don't even understand. you barely have acne, the best thing to do in your situation is to not treat it and eventually it will go away. go to the Nutrition & holistic health sub forum, its a few forums down from this one. by putting bp and constantly washing your face your removing oil from your skin which is aggravating and causes the skin to produce more sebum.

i dunno there are always differences of opinions but definitely stop manually exfoliating everyday....that def irritates ur skin, just do it a once or twice a week. oh yea if u do end up using a bha or retinoid use it the opposite time as when u use ur clean and clear continuous control cause that contains BP and it will deactivate them. good luck in whatever u try

Thanks for the responses! & yeah, comedonal acne does suck. It makes your skin looks absolutely terrible. I think what I'm going to do is find a Salicylic product to use in the morning in the shower, then moisturize after. However, at night should I stick with my sulfur cream from my derm?

And the reason I use Shea Butter is because I have heard it works for hyperpigmentation and an even skin tone.

Ok, so I ordered Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel.

Does this seem like an okay regimen?

Day 1:

AM: BP, Moisturizer

PM: Sulfur wash, moisturizer

Day 2:

AM: BHA, moist.

PM: Sulfur, moist.

That's what my cheeks look like! Random little bumps. Then my forehead has red marks :( Honestly, it doesn't look that bad on you, I'm not just saying that.

And no offense, but is that your only skin problem? You have such a long regimen for what looks like a tiny problem. I would never do all that just for tiny bumps.

I've never read of anyone on this website clearing themselves with an extensive regimen such as the one featured in your profile. Just think about it this way -- if all of those treatments aren't working (and they don't appear to be), then it's time to try something else.

Am I wrong, or were you basically cleansing your face three times in the morning? In the evening it even seems worse, since you have six different items touching your face. In addition to minocycline and niacinamide.

Personally, I'm only washing with water; and only when it's necessary, such as when I go out. On occasions when I don't, I don't wash my face. Even when I return home from work/school/going out I don't wash my face. I know it may be more difficult for women, though; especially with the issue of makeup.

The problem with your new regimen is if you experience improvements, you may not be able to isolate the items that helped out your skin. I personally would advocate someone with an extensive regimen such as yours adopting a simple routine, such as cleansing twice a day without a moisturizer. Do it for a month. If you don't notice improvements, then you can add items. It's better to do this than to have four/five items, experience the lessening of acne, then not know what one item helped.

Day 1:

AM: BP, Moisturizer

PM: Sulfur wash, moisturizer

Day 2:

AM: BHA, moist.

PM: Sulfur, moist.

I actually think this is a good routine. Its kind of similar to what Im doing. Don't forget sunscreen in the morning If u dont wear it ur red marks will only get worse. U kill the bacteria with BP while allowing ur skin to clear itself with the BHA (Paula's choice is really good i hear btw). REMEMBER u most likely will breakout at first because ur skin is purgin, but some of the comedons wont turn into pimples just kinda dissapear, thats whats happening to me. If this doesnt work tho im askin for low dose accutane cause its also supposed to be amazing against comedones :) g'luck again!

They don't really show the severity of it, though.

Can someone help me, please?

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. Of course the pictures don't look severe, because they aren't!

Treating your very mild acne like severe acne will get what you want, the true severity.

First of all, I wish my skin was a nice as your's!

I get comodones like that on my cheeks, and the most amazing thing ever is a comodone extractor. It is a little metal tool that, just like it says, easily and painlessly extracts the comodone!

They are very cheap and you can buy one at almost any decent beauty store (I got mine from Avon). Make sure you clean it with alcohol before you use it and wash your skin well so that no bacteria gets pushed into the pore. It squeezes it out cleanly without pinching.

I would be lost without mine. It is a magic wand and leaves previously bump-covered areas as smooth as a baby's behind! Use it before bed, because if you use it on a large area, the area will be kind of red for a couple hours.

Try it, you'll wake up the next morning looking and feeling a lot better!

I get comodones like that on my cheeks, and the most amazing thing ever is a comodone extractor. It is a little metal tool that, just like it says, easily and painlessly extracts the comodone!

They are very cheap and you can buy one at almost any decent beauty store (I got mine from Avon). Make sure you clean it with alcohol before you use it and wash your skin well so that no bacteria gets pushed into the pore. It squeezes it out cleanly without pinching.

I would be lost without mine. It is a magic wand and leaves previously bump-covered areas as smooth as a baby's behind! Use it before bed, because if you use it on a large area, the area will be kind of red for a couple hours.

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the tip!

I have comedonal acne too. I would get rid of the shea butter stuff, better to use just a simply non oily moisturizer with a sunscreen for the day. I started to use saliyclic acid toner pads last week and I broke out in my trouble spots on my cheek. I never got an answer from this forum whether that was normal, and I ended up getting a shot from the derm. I also do not use any scrubs anymore, too harsh and the manual scrubbing is not good for comedonal acne. My derm gave me differin which he says will clear up the comedonal. The sulfur stuff he gave me did not work for me so I gave it up.

AM Day 1 - mild cleanser and toner, Finacea, moisturizer with glycolic, oil free sunscree

PM Days 1 - mild cleanser, glycolic toner, differin, night cream

AM Day 2 - mild cleanser and toner, Finacea, glycolic moisturizer and oil free sunscreen

PM Day 2 - glycolic cleanser, differin, night cream

AGain, the salicylic made me break out and I was upset. Dont know if that was normal, so be careful about that

Thanks for the tip!

I have comedonal acne too. I would get rid of the shea butter stuff, better to use just a simply non oily moisturizer with a sunscreen for the day. I started to use saliyclic acid toner pads last week and I broke out in my trouble spots on my cheek. I never got an answer from this forum whether that was normal, and I ended up getting a shot from the derm. I also do not use any scrubs anymore, too harsh and the manual scrubbing is not good for comedonal acne. My derm gave me differin which he says will clear up the comedonal. The sulfur stuff he gave me did not work for me so I gave it up.

AM Day 1 - mild cleanser and toner, Finacea, moisturizer with glycolic, oil free sunscree

PM Days 1 - mild cleanser, glycolic toner, differin, night cream

AM Day 2 - mild cleanser and toner, Finacea, glycolic moisturizer and oil free sunscreen

PM Day 2 - glycolic cleanser, differin, night cream

AGain, the salicylic made me break out and I was upset. Dont know if that was normal, so be careful about that

I think will the salicylic you break out for a little because your skin is purging.

Good luck with everything! Comedonal acne is a bitch!

So just a little update:

I've been on this regimen (with the exception of my day 2 AM since it hasn't arrived yet) since Saturday and I have seen SOME improvement. Although the breakouts I had haven't been big pimples, I am getting quite a few little bumps and whiteheads. Is there a reason for it?

you have reeeeealllly mild acne. I agree that you are using way to many products. I'm not a proponent of the do nothing/caveman regimen, but i think simpler is better if it's possible for you. Why don't you try a gentle cleanser (like purpose or cetaphil) and 1 acne treatment (eg bp or sulfur or salycilic acid etc). good luck