Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Waiting2GtBttr

Clindamycin & Accutane at the same time?

Should it be done? I went to my regular doctor the other day to get something else looked at which required me to take my shirt off and I explained to him before hand that I was on accutane and had already been to a dermatologist and he said that incase it might be an infection (b/c I also explained that the dermatologist got me in the office, wrote me my script and sent me on my way with the quickness) that he really didn't take too long of a look at everything... my reg. doctor prescribed me 150mg's of clindamycin pills taken twice a day for 15 days along with a topical clindamycin gel to apply twice a day as well and said to take it along with my accutane (80 mg's a day)... I'm not gonna lie I used the gel already and it felt great because it cooled everything down because up until I put the gel on my chest felt as if it were on fire from all the bumps and scabs and nodules and cysts and what not... I actually got some sleep last night because I was somewhat realived from the pain... but just out of curiousity would the antibiotics hinder the accutane in any kind of way or should I just do as the doctor said? Serious replies please...

Yep you can take that. Clindamycin does not belong to the tetracycline group so it shouldn't hinder accutane or cause worse side effects. I also used clindamycin solution during my accutane course.

Since you had already explain to your doctor that you are on accutane, he will not prescribe you anything that can affect accutane. I mean they are doctors, they know their meds. If you are still in doubt, check it with your doctor again or the pharmacist.