Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Namaste

Collagen building creams

I was doing some research on various scar creams to help promote collagen growth and was very tempted to purchase Terproline until I found a site mentioning that it is not intended for daily facial care so my results may not be as anticipated. I also came across the fact that it does not contain Matrxyl 3000 which is an excellent collagen builder. Matrxyl 3000 is found in many anti wrinkle creams and has been documented to show a lot of improvement. If it can plump a wrinkle it can plump a scar. I did a search specifically for scar creams that contained it and came across one that sounds interesting called Nourish STM Natural Stretch Mark Scar Heal Skin Cream:

-uses advanced Peptides and Emu Oil in a natural cream base.

-uses Matrxyl 3000 and a serious Omega blend to reduce the appearance of scars and marks.

-STM cream uses a unique carrier to penetrate deep into stretch marks where it can heal the skin from the inside out. This means that there is internal healing of the skin to treat the condition at its core.

-Emu oil is the only product that penetrates deep enough to heal a stretch scar where the tear occurs and it takes other healing ingredients with it. The strongest ingredients available on the market. All natural!

-consists of emu oil, aloe vera butter, shea butter, collagen, vitamin e other and super strong collagen builders.

These ingredients will help remove damaged skin cells and produce collagen rich new cells resulting in a much healthier skin where stretchmarks and scars once were. These ingredients have been recommended by plastic surgeons before resorting to plastic surgery.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Emulsifying Wax, Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Vera Butter, Shea Butter, Emu Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol (and) Carbomer (and) Polysorbate 20 (and) Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (and) Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Lecithin, DMAE, Vitamin E, Allantion, Illipe Butter, Green Tea Extract, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Fragrance, Germall Plus, Sodium Hydroxymethyl Glycinate.

I'd love to hear any thoughts any of you have. Keep on keeping on.

This is a good topic, I am also doing alot of research into this as I will start rolling soon...

Looking into CPs, terproline, Vit C, creams that have Matrxyl 3000 etc as well

So far conflicting about CPs, very little anecdotal information about terproline, Vit C is more a support and supplemental, Matrxyl 3000 is interesting...have to read more about it, there are some users of it over at essentialdayspa

what was the site that said terporline is not intended for daily facial care ... lamarr uses his twice a day and i think he has been doing it for about 1.5 years

I dont know guys, I'm using CP and emu oil. started 3 weeks ago and I'm not going to give up on it.. I used the home made topical vitamin c cream and it was a great topical..

namaste, only way to truely know is to try it out for several months atleast and see what you think.. thats what I did with the home made C which I used for years. now I am doing the same thing with cp and emu.

crzyakta, I seen you on the SB forum.. still undecided about which direction to go?? Its good you are trying to research all you can. ;)

hey munsoned...yeah the research is eating at me lol! its mostly anecdotal, as I've read enough of the science

I would REALLY like CPs to work for me...but if they dont, and Im left with more ice picks or scarred pores, then its like wth? From the literature it would seem they are the best solution to dermarolling/needling proper scar repair...along with maybe alternating Vit C serum

On aside, munsoned...can you tell me your formula for the hommade Vit C and how long does it last (stay fresh etc)? Thanks

I am thinking Terp or Matrxyl 3000 for the first 3 months (2 full rolls, and maybe 3-4 0.5mm rolls)...then experiment with CPs (the weakest possible) and spot treat with SC2X...but just wish I could go on it ASAP...there is one poster here from a few yrs ago that said SB's CPs "murdered" his face! damn! lol

thoughts?

namaste, only way to truely know is to try it out for several months atleast and see what you think.. thats what I did with the home made C which I used for years. now I am doing the same thing with cp and emu.

absolutely. i tried to order the STM Nourish but it was out of stock. i ended up ordering copper peptides today and am hoping for the best. do they sell emu oil at health food stores or just the interweb?

Namaste, you can find emu from many sources. its sold everywhere..just get a quality product. not meaning an expensive emu. but one thats not all greasy that will make you break out ect.. Skin biology sells a emu with a few other ingredients in it to increase its effectiveness supposedly. I dont use that brand emu, but if you have any concerns of it breaking your skin out then get it from them. I could send you the ebay seller id who I buy mine from. I'm on my first bottle but its advertised as very good for our type of skin and not like the other break out causing greasy emu oils being sold all over. been about 2 weeks and so far so good.

crzyakta,

your plan of attack looks solid. you certainly have thought it out and done your home work..Just give these things time and be patient. But your plan looks solid in my opinion..

I have heard horror story's about everything related to a skin treatment at this point. you hang around the forums enough somebody ends up posting how soap ruined there face. LOL. so you dont know what to think about stuff like that. Its supposed to help our skin not hurt it. I have super sensitive skin. if skin biology products would ruin any body's face it will be mine. so lets seehow it goes for me.. I wont make any pre judgements. I'll let time play out and just see how it goes.

I will send you the directions for home made topical c tomorrow ok..

Later guys.. :)

I will suggest L-ascorbic acid for promoting collagen growth if you do not have sensitive skin.

Does terpoline irritate the skin like how retin-a does?

no, terproline works differenlty to retin a. it feels more like a moistorizer

Check out this link:

http://www.dermaconcepts.com/2004/environ1mmNeedling1.pdf

Seems Vit A and Vit C may be the best options with rolling...hmm, where may CPs fit in this?

crzyakta, heres a link to a forum that explains how to make the home c topical.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewt...d.php?tid=19445

you need a small dark container to hold it in and you need to mix the C with some other ingredients and in a correct ratio to make it effective.. you may want to talk to justanother1 on these forums. ja1 is making some different then I did. I simply used my weekly daily moisturizer and put about a weeks worth tops in a container with a tiny bit of c powder. If I made more then about a weeks worth it would not stay fresh. you can tell its not fresh when the cream turns yellow..go check out that link. its a forum and its being discussed. there arfe several different ways you can make your own topical..some people buy a base cream to mix it with and they use a ph scale to make sure the cream has the right ph balance.. you could post a question on that forum and get it all figured out. its very easy to do.

you can use cp 12 hours apart from vitamin c..however I decided to not go this route and just wanted to use cp by itself. I take in plenty of vitamin c oraly so I am using cp and still getting the benefits of vitamin c.. you have those options if you want to use cp..

www.ehow.com is a good site to find out how to make Vit C serum,natural skin lighteners etc.

Ive tried the Terepoline cream and LED lights and i don't think the cream is worth £60 or more to be rated as a collagen builder,over priced in my opinion.

Unless u free the scars that are tagged down by fibrous bands then no collagen builder will help your scarring.

Edited by Sam

www.ehow.com is a good site to find out how to make Vit C serum,natural skin lighteners etc.

Ive tried the Terepoline cream and LED lights and i don't think the cream is worth £60 or more to be rated as a collagen builder,over priced in my opinion.

Unless u free the scars that are tagged down by fibrous bands then no collagen builder will help your scarring.

hey all, i used matrixyl 3000 in early january for about two weeks. the mix also contained HA in it, so it temporarilly reduced the appearance of my scars. i've read however that the matrixyl supports the growth of the tgf-1 that creates scar tissue. i definitely dont want more scar tissue so have stopped using it.