Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vindictive

Acne.org Cleanser, Bad Flaking After

After using the Acne.org cleanser I have flakes on my cheeks, chin, and under my nose, and I have a habit of rubbing them off. Like I sit there and rub my fingers across my face and the flakes fall off. I wait 10 minutes, and when I put the BP on, i have to rub the BP over the flakes.

Just doesn't feel right at all.

Sounds like you're having some problems with dryness, probably from the BP and not the cleanser. You notice the flakes after cleansing because your skin is no longer glued down by the layers of BP and moisturizer.

Things you can do:

- Use less cleanser. Dan's is one of the least drying around so this won't help much, but it's a start. It lathers up quite a bit with water, so a little goes a long way.

- Use less BP for now and slowly increase it again later.

- Use more moisturizer and reapply it throughout the day.

- Add some jojoba oil to your moisturizer, or apply it on your skin after cleansing but before you apply BP.

Whatever you do, do NOT start trying to rub those flakes off your skin. That kind of constant irritation is horrible for your face. Other than that, follow Kim's tips.