Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JAY-VON

What helps peel the dead skin of a scar off? Help

The reason I asked is because I have a scar on my forehead and it is kinda round it is flat in some places and thick in others. I'm trying to peel some more skin off to get the whole area flat. What should I do to make the area skin peel off. Will it heal correctly that way with half of the area flat and the other part of the scar thick.

Sounds like it might be a keloid scar, you can do a search on that for lots of products. Sometimes when I just have a spot heal and it does something like that, I just soak the area in hot water and then apply some lavendar oil or manuka oil works good too. Then you just have to wait for it to peel. I did a chemical peel one time on a new scar but it just peeled the skin off prematurely and caused some problems. Try not to be too rough biggrin.gif

JAY-VON: I'd strongly suggest that you not peel your skin off, and that you see a Dermatologist instead. I'd hate to see you create further scarring.