Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babooz

Seborrheic dermatitis! help!

I've had seb derm for about 3 years now.

My symptoms:

Minor flaking accumulating over time on the sides of my nose and in the gap between my lower lip and chin. Hair loss and consistent dandruff on the scalp. Heavy redness and oilyness between my eyebrows and sides of noses and under lip. The scaling is minimal, but the redness makes everything look awful. It seems to get extra oily overnight.

Another problem is this minor redness around my mouth. If i do anything that stretches the skin, like laughing, opening my mouth wide, the skin around my mouth starts to get redder. Even touching it makes it inflammed. What is this?

I think the products ive used has only made it worse... especially steroid based lotions. Uhh its been a while but few products i remember using were Elidel, Protopic, many steroid based lotions, nizoral, lotramin, and dandruff shampoos. Nothing has worked.

First of all, what is a good moisturizer to heal damaged skin like my case? I've used cetaphil lotion but it wasnt that great. Now im using johnson's baby oil with aloe and vitamin E, is this ok? It seems to be really oily but as long as it works, i dont care!

My symptoms:

Minor flaking accumulating over time on the sides of my nose and in the gap between my lower lip and chin. Hair loss and consistent dandruff on the scalp. Heavy redness and oilyness between my eyebrows and sides of noses and under lip. The scaling is minimal, but the redness makes everything look awful. It seems to get extra oily overnight.

Another problem is this minor redness around my mouth. If i do anything that stretches the skin, like laughing, opening my mouth wide, the skin around my mouth starts to get redder. Even touching it makes it inflammed. What is this?

I think the products ive used has only made it worse... especially steroid based lotions. Uhh its been a while but few products i remember using were Elidel, Protopic, many steroid based lotions, nizoral, lotramin, and dandruff shampoos. Nothing has worked.

First of all, what is a good moisturizer to heal damaged skin like my case? I've used cetaphil lotion but it wasnt that great. Now im using johnson's baby oil with aloe and vitamin E, is this ok? It seems to be really oily but as long as it works, i dont care!

I've tried johnson's baby oil w/ vit E & aloe ... uuh, no don't use it. The first few days it seemed like it was a big help, and my skin was so much smoother and the flakiness was gone .. my skin tone was a lot more even. I thought I had found a great moisturizer ... then my psoriasis started to falre up again on my forehead and side of my nose --- very bad for psoriasis, so I'm going to guess it prolly isn't great for dermatitis. My skin was really irritated after a while, and I broke out in more acne than I normal would. I think if you are gonna use johnson's baby oil, then you shouldn't put it on every day ... maybe do it twice a week, or just on the weekends.

Kinerase has been a good moisturizer for me. It is very expensive though ... but it is the only one I've found so far that didn't irritate acne or psoriasis. I also water it down a little with wet hands as I apply it. You might try that with cetaphil ... I've used that too, but had to water it down so my skin wasn't so oily. I might go back to using cetaphil again when my kinerase is gone, and just use it once in a while rather than every day.

ovacea face wash. it is sodiul sulfacemtide. i dont know of any other face wash that are for sd. i think shamppos on face may be too irritating

sodium sulfacetmide wash, i dotn any toher facewas hfor sd. shamppos may be too irrritating for face

My symptoms:

Protopic has done wonders for me. I had quite serious dermatitis on my face (nose, chin, mustache area, beard area, between eyebrows, above eyebrows, temples and... my front head!), but Protopic actually helped a lot. The only place where the dermatitis has persisted is the side of my nose, where the area feels a little like sandpaper. But, after a few days of applying Protopic, it's under control. I still have some little spots from time to time, but I simply apply the lotion and all is well. I wish it could disappear completely, though.

Now, I also have dermatitis on my scalp (dandruff) and for that I'm using a cortisone lotion from time to time in addition to teatree oil+apple cider vinegar and a shampoo from Vichy. Unfortunately, I can't say I have this under control. However, the teatree oil/ACV helps a lot.