Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reader55

Advice on facial cyst?

Hi everyone,

I have had this one cyst on the ridge of my nose (on the side), and near my eye for about five days now. First it started out small and kind of flat, and then quickly grew to a considerable (and more noticeable) size. It has also gotten redder. It doesn't hurt a whole lot, but is distracting whenever I reach up to rub my eye or have my hand anywhere near that area!

I am really resenting it, as it is a real eyesore and makes me feel so self-conscious.

I'm already taking minocin for my acne, as well as using Benzaclin in the morning and Differin at night. I don't know if any of these medications are really helping the cyst, though. I've also been applying derma-e tea tree oil (75% tea tree oil, 25% vitamin E oil) to it, and while tea tree oil has usually helped in reducing the size of my cysts, there hasn't been a considerable improvement with the one I have now. I also read about crushing up ibuprofen and adding water to make it into a paste, so I tried that and have applied this paste about 5 times already. I feel that this has helped somewhat with the swelling - it no longer looks as inflamed, and it even looks like it has gotten smaller.

I'm not sure what else to do, other than to wait it out and keeping treating it like I have done so far. I considered calling my dermatologist to remove it, but I'm not sure if it's actually worth it when it might just go away on its own in a couple of days. I really want to get rid of it because I'm on holidays now and have been making plans to go out and see friends, but with this monster on my face, I just feel like staying home and hiding.

How long do cysts usually last, and what else can I do to shrink it?

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hey,

Whenever I run in to acne on my face (where else, heh) then I slap benzac (benzol peroxide) on it.

This is what the regime uses - I usually put it on my face when I go to sleep and in the morning it is usually better than the night before.