Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chadbryant7

Alcohol on accutane

Hi, I've been on accutane for about 3 weeks now and I haven't drank any alcohol or anything yet because I've been too scared to. However, New Year's is coming up and I was wondering if it would be alright to drink just this once while on accutane. I'll point out though that when I drink on New Year's I plan to get drunk. So for me that'd be like 3-4 shots since I'm pretty small and get drunk easily. Is this alright just this once? Or should I just play it safe?

It is not encouraged but drinking in moderation is fine while you are taking Accutane. Here is an old post on the board about alcohol consumption and Accutane:

Alcohol + Accutane

Be kind to your liver and don't overdo it! :-)

accutane is SUPER hard on your liver, and so is alcohol. thats why they test your liver function every month. ive drank several times while on accutane and my blood work has come back fine. i just hope there isnt any long term damage! but if you drink in moderation on new years, im sure everything will be fine. good luck

One of the concerns with alcohol on accutane is increase in depression side effects. I used to drink 6 to 8 drinks a week, usually beer and usually all in one night. All of this was before accutane.

I actually had a last hoo ra, with liquor, for drinking before accutane and that was the biggest mistake of my life. I had like an, obscene, 18 shots of whiskey. I ended up in the hospital after starting a fight with one of my friends, the hospital was for the alcohol not the fight. The worst part is i didn't even remember going to the hospital or the fight.

So my warning to you is to be careful anytime you consume alcohol but especially when there is already something in your body screwing you all up the way accutane does. No your limits. If you are an experienced responsible drinker, which most on accutane are not - I'm 18 and a freshman in college - just don't over do it and screw up.

My doctor told me why people can't drink on accutane and its because a senators son killed himself after a night of drinking and the senator blamed it on accutane instead of stupidity. So, all that sad be careful. Get tipsy but not stupid sloppy you know. Just stay in that drunken state where you deny that you're drunk, as a joke, when your friends ask, don't get to where you know your drunk.

Just be careful. You don't want to end up with a fucked up liver for the rest of your life because of 4 shots. Mind you that probably won't happen, especially since you're only 3-4 weeks in. But do keep in mind that the more you drink on accutane, the more you risk permanently damaging your liver. Is getting drunk really worth messing up your insides forever?