Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Do you have a problem with good fats?

Things like fish oil, cod liver oil, olive oil, avacados and borage oil seem to make my face face feel tight and greasy which then leads to breakouts. I think i am fine with other fats so its mainly oily fats, which i would have thought would be good and healthy for me. I know there are plenty of people on this site that have used these and it has lead to improvement to there skin.

ryudoadema said in another thread it could be due to the gallbladder been in poor condition if you have previously been on a low fat diet. I havnt really aimed at been on a low fat diet before, but thinking back i never used to eat much fatty food so who knows, that could be the problem. Anyone else have any ideas?

For anyone that has problems with these types of oils what is your skin condition like? Mine is dry and flaky so would have thought the fats would work. Also if you did have problems with these oils before but managed to overcome then, could you let us know what you did?

Me again. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! lol

-another thing it could be, since those are all healthy fats, is that they are exactly what your body needs in order to begin healing. So you get an initial breakout, as they say, while your body goes into overdrive clearing out infection and toxins.

-also, I did use to have a problem with cod liver oil. I was always thinking what was wrong with me cause I saw how many people it was benefitting. Whenever I took it, within a week I would get really oily and get these hard cysts on my forehead that were not normal for me. I tested over and over and was sure of the correlation So when I started on my high fat diet, I was afraid of adding that in. I did about a month and a half ago finally. A few days after I started the clo, I got one smaller version of those hard cysts, it cleared in a few days, and only improvement from there.

EDIT: I also just found this in case you were considering candida:

"There is also a connection with Gallbladder malfunction, since a healthy supply of bile helps keep Candida Albicans in check. Generally, there is some reason to suspect that Candida impairs the digestion of fats. This is why it may be a good idea either to limit diary, or to add a LIPASE enzyme as well. If you have Candida, and have had your gallbladder removed, and NOTHING seems to control the infection, consider adding a source of ox bile."

Things like fish oil, cod liver oil, olive oil, avacados and borage oil seem to make my face face feel tight and greasy which then leads to breakouts. I think i am fine with other fats so its mainly oily fats, which i would have thought would be good and healthy for me.

Yeah, oily fats are bad. You know what else is bad? Sugary glucose; starchy complex carbs; and nitrogen-filled protein.

Things like fish oil, cod liver oil, olive oil, avacados and borage oil seem to make my face face feel tight and greasy which then leads to breakouts. I think i am fine with other fats so its mainly oily fats, which i would have thought would be good and healthy for me.

Yeah, oily fats are bad. You know what else is bad? Sugary glucose; starchy complex carbs; and nitrogen-filled protein.

:lol:

Seriously though, Id have to agree it sounds like a liver/gallbladder issue. You probably arent "digesting" fats properly (ie. not releasing enough bile?). Maybe try taking some oils on an empty stomach and see how you feel/react. Granted theres no real scientific backing here, but maybe a tablespoon of coconut oil or something else before bed on an empty stomach will start stimulating your body to release bile. Its worth a shot maybe, cant really hurt.

Except for perhaps olive oil and avocado all of those oils are unhealthy in more than trace amounts. Even olive oil and acovados contain far too much polyunsaturated fat to be eaten in more than sparse amounts.

Some of these fats also contain toxic phytochemicals (at least most plant fats). Regarded as "healthy antioxidants" by the seed oil industry. There is no need for such chemicals in your body if you eat fats that are less prone to oxidation, meaning the saturated and monounsaturated fats.

Try eating a truly healthy fat like butter or ghee, beef or lamb fat. I bet my balls you will not break out from them, even if eaten in large amounts.

Except for perhaps olive oil and avocado all of those oils are unhealthy in more than trace amounts. Even olive oil and acovados contain far too much polyunsaturated fat to be eaten in more than sparse amounts.

Some of these fats also contain toxic phytochemicals (at least most plant fats). Regarded as "healthy antioxidants" by the seed oil industry. There is no need for such chemicals in your body if you eat fats that are less prone to oxidation, meaning the saturated and monounsaturated fats.

Try eating a truly healthy fat like butter or ghee, beef or lamb fat. I bet my balls you will not break out from them, even if eaten in large amounts.

Lmao.... anyways , I would keep only Extra virgin olive oil and Avocados....

but also add extra virgin coconut oil and almond butter raw

And ull be all good. Trust me ^^

raw almond butter is difficult to digest and high in polyunsaturated fat (especially omega 6). It also has enzyme inhibitors and phytates which block mineral absorption. You may be able to handle it, but it is in no way healthy...

Natural animal fats, butter, eggs and tropical oils are healthy on the other hand.

Me again. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! lol

-another thing it could be, since those are all healthy fats, is that they are exactly what your body needs in order to begin healing. So you get an initial breakout, as they say, while your body goes into overdrive clearing out infection and toxins.

-also, I did use to have a problem with cod liver oil. I was always thinking what was wrong with me cause I saw how many people it was benefitting. Whenever I took it, within a week I would get really oily and get these hard cysts on my forehead that were not normal for me. I tested over and over and was sure of the correlation So when I started on my high fat diet, I was afraid of adding that in. I did about a month and a half ago finally. A few days after I started the clo, I got one smaller version of those hard cysts, it cleared in a few days, and only improvement from there.

EDIT: I also just found this in case you were considering candida:

"There is also a connection with Gallbladder malfunction, since a healthy supply of bile helps keep Candida Albicans in check. Generally, there is some reason to suspect that Candida impairs the digestion of fats. This is why it may be a good idea either to limit diary, or to add a LIPASE enzyme as well. If you have Candida, and have had your gallbladder removed, and NOTHING seems to control the infection, consider adding a source of ox bile."

If it was due to candida, would i have a problem with all fats? I eat plenty of eggs every day, meat and sometimes dark chocolate and dont find that any of them bother me. Also as coconut oil has been mentioned, i do have a couple of teaspoons of this daily and it hasnt caused me any problems thinking about it.

Did the cod liver oil used to make your face feel greasy as well as causing you to break out at the start?

I used to read a fair bit about liver flushes a while ago and ended up doing 2 of them. They are supposed to help the Gallbladder so if i did have a Gallbladder malfunction, they should help shouldnt they? Or do most people now believe that they are a waste of time and dont really help at all?

If it was due to candida, would i have a problem with all fats? I eat plenty of eggs every day, meat and sometimes dark chocolate and dont find that any of them bother me. Also as coconut oil has been mentioned, i do have a couple of teaspoons of this daily and it hasnt caused me any problems thinking about it.

idk, just something I came upon

Did the cod liver oil used to make your face feel greasy as well as causing you to break out at the start?

Yup, and it went on for weeks until I stopped.

I used to read a fair bit about liver flushes a while ago and ended up doing 2 of them. They are supposed to help the Gallbladder so if i did have a Gallbladder malfunction, they should help shouldnt they? Or do most people now believe that they are a waste of time and dont really help at all?

In my opinion, the coffee enema helps the liver and gallbladder most. Not everyone on this board agrees, but you should at least check out the info backing it and decide for yourself. I definitely feel and see the difference.