Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daveoh

Apple Cider Vinegar question

I've been reading the reviews of ACV, and I'm tempted to give it a try. The consensus was to use Bragg's and not the distilled stuff. So my local organic food store carries it, but I noticed it says it's diluted. Do I still need to dilute it? Is 50% concentration the right way to go if it needs it?

Whats the acidity percentage? I belive that the standard is 5%, is this is the case then yes you should dilute it. If its your first time I recommend a ratio of 1:4 avc:water at first just so u get used to it and remeber u may get an IB, but stick with it. Hope this helps.

Thanks, it's 5% acidity. I suspected it might need diluting, but at 50% it didn't seem uncomfortable. What is an "IB" if I might ask?

IB is an initial breakout.happens often when you start using a new treatment. If 50% is comfortable then thats cool, ur skin is obviously less sensitive than mine!

I've been reading the reviews of ACV, and I'm tempted to give it a try. The consensus was to use Bragg's and not the distilled stuff. So my local organic food store carries it, but I noticed it says it's diluted. Do I still need to dilute it? Is 50% concentration the right way to go if it needs it?

I just started using it. It works GREAT!!! So I dilute it 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water. Drink it twice a day. (it tastes nasty, but it's not THAT bad)

Also 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water. Use that on your face with a cottonball. Use it kind of like a toner. I use it in between my wash and my cream. I can't believe how well it works on acne that is already on your face. It really does reduce swelling and dry it up.