Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kittykat18

Antibiotics and Differin

ok so the type of ance that looks like small flesh colored bumps..

Im having issues with my doctors cause they all say different things and so far none of it works.

and the doctor i saw yesterday said i should do oral antibiotics and differin...but the doctor i saw before that said that oral antibiotics wouldnt help with the kind of acne i have, so im confused.

Right now she has me on oral antibiotics, and differin twice a day. Has anyone ever tried this and it worked? i mean people with the same type of acne. :eh:

hey i use diferin also along with duac. i really dont know what it does? all i know is that if keeps my skin in resonable shape although that could be the duac!? my skin is usally spot free but i do have red marks still which diferin isnt relly helping. i know thts no help whatsoever, sorry.

I use Differin and AHA20. Differin will dry your skin out, but does a fair job and clearing it up. I'm also on Doxycyclin (Doryx) as well. I'm not completely clear, but it's manageable.

Duac is crazy i acnt really differenciate between it and diferin. once duac is applied face is really smooth and looks quite healthy but after a few hours if gets a bit oily, yet i like.

Doxycyclin and differin is what im using right now..and omg does it dry out your skin!! its funny to me cause its a low dose but it still dos that...and ive taken much higher doses of it before

Hey, I saw a private doctor in North London about two months ago for the spots on my face. He was very nice and explained all the treatments to me. He finally put me on a combination of Differin and an acne treatment. It is a 3 step treatment which I use in the morning every day and I must say it has been amazing.

My skin was sooooo much better within a month. It did dry out my skin though I must say. But better dry than to have those horrible red spots. I went to see him after a month and he gave me a really nice moisturiser which was made from the same brand but I don't really use it much as I think my skin has got used to it. I must say I haven't really used the differin that much either and didn't need to take antibiotics.

I will definitely recommend him and his treastment.

So your doctor was correct antibiotics are not used for the type of acne you have.

However! When you start differin you will experience an initial breakout... all those flesh colored bumps will come inflamed. The point of the antibiotic is to help with that initial breakout :)

Duac and differin have been good for my skin they really healed up from super bad to goodish. my only complaint is that i still have discreet red marks which they cant seem to get rid of. also dry skin like everyone else. does anyone ewperience flaking?

duac is just BP 5% with anti bacterial properties. i think its suppose to be used as a spot treater. its insane you are applying it to all over your face 0_0 but i guess if it works then why not.

ok so the type of ance that looks like small flesh colored bumps..

Im having issues with my doctors cause they all say different things and so far none of it works.

and the doctor i saw yesterday said i should do oral antibiotics and differin...but the doctor i saw before that said that oral antibiotics wouldnt help with the kind of acne i have, so im confused.

Right now she has me on oral antibiotics, and differin twice a day. Has anyone ever tried this and it worked? i mean people with the same type of acne. :eh:

Read this:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Small-bum...es-t164964.html

I used antibiotics, it worked short term

especially tetracycline category drugs will damage your liver and cause further acne problems later on in life

Differin didn't work, it was a wierd thick paste.