Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AllieJay

time pimples last

I understand that pimple are supposed to last three to four days but mine last for a week or more. Is this something wrong with my skin or does anyone else have this problem?

well from my experience.. 3 to 4 days is just a rough estimate that's if you do not pick/poke or do anything to it.if you scratched is or tried to squeeze , chances are the pimple has become more severe and may take a longer time to "go away". best thing to do is leave it alone and apply medication at night before you go to sleep as because at night you obviously do not touch your face.!

I have this problem too, but it's just started to be a problem recently. In the past, I had pimples that would come and go in a few days. But for some reason the pimples that I get now stay for weeks, and if i don't mess with them, which I rarely do, they can stay up to a month! I've started taking 50mg zinc vitamins about 5 months ago and it hasn't improved. It is extremely frustrating, especially when I asked my dermatologist and her response was "oh.. yeah sometimes that happens.." I think they say those things when they don't really know what to say.

For me it last about 2-3 days im using some abszess salbe lotion which fastens the growth of the pimple or "puts it back" :) + some drying powder from zinc and etc. The only bad thign is red spots which are left after all the pimples i have..

Some of my acne especially the ones that are under the skin, cyst type ones that show up on my forehead seem to take over a month to heal!

It's ridiculous. I'll have pimple that's hardly noticeable go away within two days and obnoxious ones last for weeks. Once I had a pimple on the edge of my mouth that lasted for a month (not exaggerating, I made note of it's progress each day)

Some of my acne especially the ones that are under the skin, cyst type ones that show up on my forehead seem to take over a month to heal!

What exactly is a cyst pimple :think:

Can u get a cyst pimple even if most of your skin is under control?

I sometimes get some HUGE (mountain ones) ones and they last about 2 weeks and the thing that sucks is i put on something to dry them out (byebyeblemish) to make them go away faster but then it is very time comsuming and difficult to cover them up.

i had one mark from a pimple that wasn't that big that lasted for MORE than a year, it was kinda purple :think:

Yea i can't really tell either i mean for me some pimples go away with no redness within a few days, yet some can stay for like 2-3 weeks and it also leaves redness which takes a month to go away as a goodbye present.

Guest MarifreakinA

Ditto with mine.

Are they usually whiteheads or red bumps?

Cause if they are whiteheads then I have the solution!

Ditto with mine.

Are they usually whiteheads or red bumps?

Cause if they are whiteheads then I have the solution!

Usually whiteheads, what is your solution?