Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today I visited a derm because my acne was starting to drive me crazy and he prescribed me to

Morning:

Dermasoap

Benzaderm gel 5%

Tetracycline 250 MG (1 Pill)

Night

Dermasoap

Tazorac Cream .05%

Tetracycline 250 MG (2 Pills)

I did the morning program and was a little dry but my skin began to build up oil as the day went on

My main question is that after i washed off the soap and let my skin dry, i applied the taz and my skin didnt dry up,peel,or anything only thing i noticed was that my skin got brighter and was glowing..I was wondering if the taz is strong enough because i dont feel anyting

It might take a few days to start to feel the side effects. Eventually after a few weeks on taz my face started peeling, but it's well worth it. The most success I've had with anything yet, and I just restarted Tazorac today :)

When I was on Tazorac 0.05% cream, I never really got any side-effects. It also didn't help as much as the 0.1% gel, though.

It will def. work, give it time. I would say after like 2 or 3 weeks of me being on taz my face started peeling sooo bad! I could peel my skin off in sheets like a snake. There was points where cream didnt even help, and makeup forget about it. It made it worse! I was on .01% and i have been on acne medicine since i was 14 and i have never has side effects like this. I was even on accutane in high school.