Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so... i literally have withdrawn from my friends in a way that i don't talk to them that much anymore. i constantly lie whenever i'm invited to places, and the worst about all is that my acne is not even that bad, but all of my friends are laguna beach perfect and i just feel "out of place".

i really don't wanna live like this, this is not me, i know i'm just wasting time, but i do not see another way out.

acne changes my personality in a way i cant describe it. it makes me insecure, depressed, and lonely. and i am not any of those, i had always been the happiest and most positive person ever. i'm not proud of who i am now., but no matter how much i try to see it as "normal", i just cant because I had perfect skin my whole life.

I know this post is probably "too emo" , but i just had to let my feelings out because i know no one else in my life would understand.

This post was not too emo, it was instead open and honest. Don't be embarresed by it, we all have times when we fear that what we feel is too much for others to handle, but I can promise you, it's not here.

Keep sharing. We are listening.

Of course this post is emo, it's the emotional board :)

I know exactly how you feel, I've secluded myself from all of my friends to the point where some people actually thought I died lol.

I'm sorry you're feeling that way, but try not to dwell on things and ask yourself if you'd truly trade places with someone you knew. Some people might have clear skin, but they may lack emotion and personality. Anytime I get down about my face, I think of all my friends and I realize everyone has their flaws, acne is just one of the more noticeable ones :doubt:

This post was not too emo, it was instead open and honest. Don't be embarresed by it, we all have times when we fear that what we feel is too much for others to handle, but I can promise you, it's not here.

Keep sharing. We are listening.

thank you <3

Of course this post is emo, it's the emotional board :)

I know exactly how you feel, I've secluded myself from all of my friends to the point where some people actually thought I died lol.

I'm sorry you're feeling that way, but try not to dwell on things and ask yourself if you'd truly trade places with someone you knew. Some people might have clear skin, but they may lack emotion and personality. Anytime I get down about my face, I think of all my friends and I realize everyone has their flaws, acne is just one of the more noticeable ones :doubt:

lol thank you you made me laugh.

well yea i guess you are right....=/

Of Course! Except don't walk around picking people's flaws out because I did that once and I felt like a terrible person lol. I'm just saying when you put things in perspective, everyone has their flaws and their weaknesses.

Of Course! Except don't walk around picking people's flaws out because I did that once and I felt like a terrible person lol. I'm just saying when you put things in perspective, everyone has their flaws and their weaknesses.

lol...i'll keep that in mind.

i just hate how acne makes me feel, and changes my personality.

Yeah, I hate how acne has the ability to affect you on so many different levels, it's so much more than a physical inconvenience. Acne is like someone standing next to you 24/7 saying eff you lol. Anyways, best of wishes, don't let it bring you down!

Yeah, I hate how acne has the ability to affect you on so many different levels, it's so much more than a physical inconvenience. Acne is like someone standing next to you 24/7 saying eff you lol. Anyways, best of wishes, don't let it bring you down!

i know :(

well, thank youu!!

same for youu

Aww. That's not as emo as it gets, trust me. Hahah :)

Acne is just...well yes it's all you've said, but...if you just try your hardest to forget about it,

really you make life so much easier.

When you're invited somewhere, you shouldn't pass that up, just because of your acne.

You don't want to lose so many friends because of something that will never mean as much as friendships.

I've done the same thing before; not exactly because of acne but just overall. And it was the worst feeling in the world when I felt like I lost everyone because I was too busy worrying that I would embarass myself, etc.

In any event, just try your best to fix the problem. That's all we can do, is try.

And learn while we do.

<3 I hope I helped.

Aww. That's not as emo as it gets, trust me. Hahah :)

Acne is just...well yes it's all you've said, but...if you just try your hardest to forget about it,

really you make life so much easier.

When you're invited somewhere, you shouldn't pass that up, just because of your acne.

You don't want to lose so many friends because of something that will never mean as much as friendships.

I've done the same thing before; not exactly because of acne but just overall. And it was the worst feeling in the world when I felt like I lost everyone because I was too busy worrying that I would embarass myself, etc.

In any event, just try your best to fix the problem. That's all we can do, is try.

And learn while we do.

<3 I hope I helped.

that's how i feel, but it's just hard.

but thank you (:

it did help

Remeber the time you were still clear and had no acne whatsoever. Imagine you are that person right now, now would you honestly give a damn and react differently towards a friend who had acne about as much as you do as of today? Friendships do not require super model looks.

Also, how could your friends understand you at all if you don't tell them truth about why you are withdrawing yourself from their company? Once, when a friend asked me out to have some fun (she is completely clear faced) and my skin looked like utter shit I just messaged her and told her I didn't want to leave the house and see anyone at all that day 'cause of my skin and she replied she understood and "see you when you have a better skin day".

i guess you're right, i would not see my friends any different if they had acne...

but i can see it in their eyes lol =/

but thank you<3 i will tryy my hardestt to change my perspective

your first post pretty much read my mind, i feel same way..its tough, especially when it comes to hangin out with friends and and goin out, my acne affected my outgoingness, since i moved the for college i didnt hav any friends and bc of my acne i barely made any.. and i regret it so much

im glad to see you are trying your hardest, its a good step in the right direction, i think ill follow your example :)

i know how you feel babe.

im sorry it really sucks.

but the best thing to do is force yourself to socalize

and you never know you could end up having a blast!

dont let acne control your life, take control

life is way to short to spend alone being sad!

hey all,

i'm new to the message boards, but use acne.org a ton for research - it's great. i just wanted to add to the list of people. It really makes me feel better being able to log on a see other people who feel the same way. I don't know what it is. Like I feel HORRIBLE about my acne - we all do at some points in our lives! And even when I know it's so irrational to think about your skin meaning anything, it still means everything! I hope to meet more people here because all my friends have flawless skin and don't understand me because I open up to them and they say not to worry - but we all know we do here. So just wanted to say hi. thanks for reading.

-s