Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, I am 23 old student living in PA USA who suffers from acne like all you guys. Like many people, i did considerable research on the internet...read the ebooks, bought the supplements, derm, prescriptions, the whole gamut of things to do... yet I still get all types of acne that always leave dark scars behind... If anyone would have a clue as to what I'm still not doing correctly or doing incorrectly, it would be amazing...

Info about me:

-5'5 132lb

-100%japanese

-i recently got tested and was found to have mild hypoglycemia

-i eat a LOT but was tested to have VERY high metabolism for my age/weight/height group

-i get my exercise and sunshine but lately due to the yoyo-ing of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and school stress i havent felt like exercising AS much

-before my drastic dietary change i ate relatively healthy but snacked on cookies

-during my childhood i ate a lot of candy and sweets

-low blood sugar periods (almost all the time) and when i am hungry i am tired and cranky

- type of acne i get: cystic (if i JUST ate something bad), and millions of long term white heads that stay under the skin and take forever to go away

Here's my current DAILY dietary regimen that has not changed for about 2 months now.

Morning:

-Upon rising, I drink half of a fresh squeezed lemon's juice mixed with water

-Breakfast is a green smoothie I make: 3 frozen strawberries, small handful of frozen blueberries, slice of ginger, 3 tsp ground flaxseed, handful of raw spinach leaves, big handful of kale green leaves, 1 entire gala apple, 2 frozen dark cherries, 2 frozen blackberries, 1 frozen peach slice ----all mixed in the blender.

-I drink that down with my chromium picolinate supplment- one 800mg tablet

10am

- raw celery sticks eaten plain, or 2 hard boiled eggs, or occasionally canned tunafish

-3 omega 3 salmon oil caplets (EPA 540mg, DHA360mg total im getting in a day)

-4 lecithin caplets (4800mg)

Lunch

-LARGE raw salad consisting of any mix of the following: celery, radishishes, cabbage, spinach, quarter of a carrot, eggplant, tomatoes, half an avocado, lettuce, field greens, cauliflower, brocolli, cucumber. The dressing is simply olive oil with balsamic vinegar

- large chicken breast cooked on skillet with olive oil

Mid-afternoon (usually crashing)

-snack on same 10am snacks (i try not to repeat the same snacks in the same day)

-spirulina mixed in water to distract my hunger

-green tea i drink down with echinea and dandeion supplements

-i USED to snack on plain popcorn i kettle popped myself whenever i got hungry between meals (up to 3 large bowls) during the day but i stopped this because i felt it wasnt too good for me. In the end i think it may have caused my to breakout once so i stopped

- im still wondering what i could snack on... everything seems to break me out!!

Dinner

-Big bowl of vegetables I cook in a briefly in wok pan with olive oil. COnsists of any of the following: Brocolii, Green beans, quarter of a carrot, eggplant, cauliflower, radishes, tomatoes, mushrooms, cabbage, spinach, snow peas, green or red bell peppers

-MEAT of some kind, pork, salmon, fish, beef, usually not chicken again...and i season only with some herbs and cook in skillet with olive oil.

Night

-spent staring at food in fridge that i can't eat

OTHER NOTES

- ocassionally cleanse face using Oil Cleansing Method (just recently)

-I am ALWAYS hungry. I eat a TON of food. All i can think about is food (ANY), and it is taking over my life.

-I eat ZERO sugar, hydogenated oil, or oil of any kind except extra virgin olive oil, No flour products, no grains, no dairy, no tropical fruits, NO NUTS, use sea salt i HAVE to for a special recipes

-I wash my face once in morning and once before bed using Cetaphil

-I had a period where i took multivitamins and various Vitamin supplements - A, B, C, D, E

-I take 50mg zinc gluconate daily

-i ocaasionally use aspirin mask

- i have done the apple fast and its variations

-i tried the olive oil/lemon juice flush and no stones came out

-i had a period where i took fiber every day but i figure with my diet i get enough fiber

-i did a parasite cleanse supplememnt regimen

-i change/wash my pillow every couple days

-i go to bed with Vitamin E ooil from caps on my scars

- i occasionally do the organic coffee enema and that helps

-i take 1 multivitamin every two days

-the apple fast DID clear me for those days only

-i am starting to grow my own kefir and i plan to eat olnly the rinsed grains because the store bought kefir drink caused me to break out

- get 8+ hours sleep, get my sunshine

-tried accupuncture for my blood sugar and acne and it helped VERY slightly

* Once I was on the above no sugar diet, I had hypoglycemia so bad I could barely walk up stairs until I ate something for the first 2 weeks. But also my VISION improved tremendously- its crazy! and then i read one of the symptoms for hypoglycemia was blurry vision.

-i think i ate too much popcorn and although it didnt break me out for a good stretch it does now i think

+++ SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! i live and eat like a acne monk and yet i cant rid myself of acne (OR the nasty dark scars). For the amount of time and effort i put into eating healthy and following the anti-acne principles i think i should be doing a lot better... Moreover i am currently only living for things to eat... As i said, all i think about is food!! (Good and bad) and its not like I'm fantasizing about choclate cake...I am just HUNGRY! and i eat a ton of food! ahhhhhh!!!!!

-Ray

are you sure you don't have a thyroid issue? have you been tested?

Also, if possible, it would be great to get an ELISA food panel (shows food allergies and senitivities)...good luck

I see a lot of things that could be causing you to not get clear. Of course, everyone is different, and these things are just what I've found to set me back in my own personal experience. They might not actually affect you at all, I don't know, but they're just something to ponder.

-Lemon juice. Citrus is a common allergen, and eating it or drinking the juice may cause acne.

-Eggs. Also a common allergen. Eating anything that you're even slightly allergic to can cause acne.

-Canned tuna fish. I can't see how that is any good for you, considering it's so processed and has so many additives. If you want to eat fish, eat fresh tuna fish that you cook yourself.

-The fish oil. While it's good for the omegas, I personally found it made me break out in cysts, and I have heard the same happening to others. If you think you need more omega 3, get it by eating foods that contain it.

-Green tea. It only made my skin worse, and it's made other people's skin worse too. I believe there is a thread on it somewhere.

-Red meat and red fish. Honestly, I have no clue on this one. I don't know why, but eating red meat made my skin worse. Cutting it out helped a lot. I stick with lean meats. If you love burgers, try a turkey burger between two pieces of toasted Ezekial bread with spinach, onion, and bell peppers on top, or whatever toppings you like. I love turkey burgers!

-Cetaphil and Vitamin E on your face. Cetaphil can clog your pores, no matter if the bottle says non-comedogenic. Same with the vitamin E oil. I personally suggest Soap and Glory Scrub Your Nose In It instead of a regular daily cleanser. It worked wonders on my skin, because it got rid of the top layer of pore-clogging dead skin and junk. I use it twice a day, but only because my skin is very resilient. If you have sensitive skin, try it once every other day. For scars, try apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, I use both and my red marks are lightening faster than they would if I let them heal alone.

Again, all of that is just based completely on my own experience, and from what I've heard other people here say they've experienced.

...next THINK like a monk.

I am not trying to be playful here at all. I do not mean to promote my beliefs, but pick up a book on Buddhism... or just look into Buddhist thought. I had always had these beliefs, but tried to treat acne differently.

Good luck.

Some things I see here:

You eat a lot of fruits and veggies right now. I would strongly suggest looking into a high fat diet. I used to be hungry a lot, but this diet has really calmed down my hunger, as well as clearing my skin. I used to be a pretty big binge eater and would always stress about what I was eating, but now I don't, and I sometimes won't be hungry for about 8 hours straight. My skin used to be really oily but now it is pretty normal. My diet consists of mainly eggs, meat (red meat, lean meats, fish), and vegetables. Only oils I use are coconut and extra virgin olive. Keeping the carbs down and fats high has been working well for both my skin and appetite.

Also, about hypoglycemia... do you know if that means you are more susceptible to more severe blood sugar spikes than someone with regular blood sugar??

Hi everyone, thanks for your input thus far:

bran88: I have not gotten tested I think... (I dont think it was among the blood tests i took), Are your referring to hyperthyroidism? Does that usually cause excessive and persistent hunger?

Ardelle: I skipped the lemon juice by accident today. I think I will hold off on that and see what happens. I will test eggs after that since this past week I've eaten tons of eggs as snacks yet I havent broken out all over too bad (could be because of all the other "good" foods counteracting?). I guess I will eliminate tuna fish for now, and as for the green tea I don't think that it because during the apple fasting i did a while back i drank green tea and yet my face was clear as day...I stopped the Vit E oil couple days ago and well the cetaphil i am staying with for now. Finally I think the red meat thing has some significance? I think a large juicy steak gives me a s pimpe or two the next day but doesnt break me out all over like the other foods do. Yesterday I made meatballs for the first time, convincing myself the ingredients didnt have any harmful stuff: meat, olive oil, whole wheat bread crumbs, parsley, and eggs.. and i scarfed down 3 drizzled with olive oil for a snack and i could literally feel the cystic acne inflaming an hour or two later... whether the ingredients did it, or the baking (almost same as frying imo), or the total calorie count did it, im not sure

blessthefall: im pretty sure i get all my vitamins since i eat vitamins often when i feel like i NEED to take something to cure my acne. And with all the vegetables and meat i eat shouldnt i be getting enough of most things? I feel like i eat healthier than 99.9999% of the general population...

I am Snow: I'm very philosophical and i do not subscribe to any religious beliefs. That being said, my grandparents are buddhists and i am familiar with the religion principles. It is a highly peaceful religion which I admire. If you'd like to play philosophical chess with any topic at all I would enjoy that as well.

Glass Danse: The only fruits I eat are consumed in the morning: one apple and frozen fruits(3 strawberries, blueberries, 2 backberries, 2 cherries, 1 slice peach) Iam going to omit the cherries and peaches since they are higher in sugar content, and i will see what happens. Or maybe i should eliminate the fruit all together? But then I don't know what I would eat for breakfast, given the acne-eliminating diet? Should I lower the amount of vegetables i eat and consume more meat? For example yesterday in addition to my described diet, i ate 2 eggs microwaved, one 12oz can tunafish in water. The only meal i have not eaten meat with was breakfast. COuld you give me an idea of what you would typically eat in a day following your (high fat diet)? The amount of food i shovel in myself is ridiculous yet i only have noticed a small amount of fat gain. (Probably at the limit of what my metabolism processes).

And about the hypogycemia, are you asking what that does? If so, hypoglycemia in MY case i have relatively low but normal blood sugar before i eat but after i eat my blood sugar spikes (like everyone else) but then my body OVERproduces insulin (insulin lowers blood sugar) and lowers my blood sugar to about the same as what i started with or LOWER and therefore i crash and have little energy (and keep wanting to eat maybe?)

Thanks for all you comments thus far,

Ray

Ah ok, yeah I was asking about how it worked. An overproduction of insulin is connected to an overproduction of sebum. The main thing I would focus on, personally, would be trying to keep your blood sugar, and thus your insulin, at more stable levels. Easiest way to do this is to reduce your carb intake.

For breakfast, I cook about 6 eggs sunny side up with shredded coconut or cheese added while it cooks and sometimes have bacon, sometimes not. Lunch, I usually don't have or just have coffee with heavy whipping cream... but if I were to have lunch it might be chicken with broccoli. Dinner I have about .5-.6 pounds of meat (any kind really... chicken, buffalo, hamburger, lamb, veal, salmon) and broccoli, with added olive oil and spices after the broccoli has been boiled. Just as a note, I have been having the fat drippings from all the meat I cook.

Some snacks I have are celery with natural peanut butter or with hummus, and sometimes a can of tuna... but I don't buy peanut butter too often because I can have a whole 16oz jar in a day sometimes. Longest I have had a 16oz jar was for 4 days and I was surprised it lasted that long.

I agree with glass dance. Healthy fats include egg and animal fats, lard, butter, olive oil, coconut oil....Also, the microwave destroys nearly all nutrients in food and renders the food virtually useless except for some calories, and it actually harms the body-fry them in coconut oil or butter etc

My heart goes out to you. That sounds so frustrating. I've been there, though.

What I would say to you.. may not mean much, yet. Because I don't think it'll be something you want to hear, nor do I think it'll be the post (out of all of these) that you will take most notice of or try first or whatever.

My life and health aren't 100% perfect still but my myriad of health problems significantly reduced over a period of time where I stopped making a conscious effort to include or exclude x, y, z. How to say this...

Firstly, not eating any artificial crap is good. So that's a good start. Also you don't have much sugar which is also a good start. Artificial preservatives, colours, flavours, additives, and refined sugar etc basically non-natural food products or food not in it's natural form can mess up your body's signals and balance... but don't need to worry about that in your case, i don't think...

why I say that is - it is imperative that you listen to your what your body 'tells' you by instinctually (and not analytically) following your body's 'orders', being directed by your body's signals... if it were possible, the best outcome here would be to eradicate everything bit of nutritional knowledge you have and just start again with your natural appetites and whatnot leading the way.

as an example... pretty much for as long as i can remember I don't deal well with fruit and vege. They have never really made me feel good. I would avoid eating them, i'd push them off my plate, i'd ask for meals with the fruit and veg taken out... my taste buds would quite literally reject them (I found it extremely hard to eat things like kiwi fruit). So I just didn't really eat them. Except for the few that I liked eating, that I didn't feel a physical aversion to... such as almost-off (mostly black) bananas and white potato. anyway when the acne got to a point of absolute frustration, i would do ANYTHING to RID MY FACE OF IT... I turned to veganism. Or just an ultra healthy diet like yours, heaps of fruit and veg. Or green smoothies. The longer I stayed on any of these, the WORSE my skin got. but not only that.. my health just deteriorated. Everything got worse. at first i listened to external advice rather than what my own body was plainly and loudly telling me. That it was just 'detox.' to push on. anyway, after around 6 weeks, and with my health and skin much worse than when I started, I would quit that current diet and go in search of another.

then... i'd get fatigued with all the trying, say 'fuck it' and eat and do whatever i wanted, not really accepting the acne but just too pissed off or exhausted to be bothered 'doing' much about it except the bare minimum. i ate what i wanted. i wore make up and focussed on other things to forget the acne. these times, my face would be better. my health would be WAY better. then eventually i'd decide 'i really should fix my skin up for good...' and go in search again. I eventually figured out that I have a salicylate sensitivity (google salicylate - found in most plants, practically all fruit and veg) and other ppl have had similar reactions to fruit and veg. Sometimes it really pays to listen to your own body, pay more attention to your own experience, than to learn from others.

so, if you can... I would try and eat exactly what you feel like but stick within natural whole foods. And i mean natural and whole! Organic... dairy without hormones. All that stuff. if you don't want to eat 10 tonne of veggies in a day, just don't do it. Not trying to control it and, importantly, focussing on other things, can be a great way to clear up. Because a big factor as well is the stress... the FRUSTRATION of knowing that you've exhausted every option, you've taken all advice, you've tried every gimmick.... that frustration and emotional despair and tension can make acne worse too...

also if at all possible try and get off all topicals. Try putting nothing on there. I'm assuming you're male, in which case you're not expected to wear make up like us girls are ;-) so doing the no topicals thing shouldn't be too difficult for you...

it might be best, in considering how long you've been using topicals/ cleanser, to transition off it... so go to cleansing only once a day (at night maybe?) and then every second day.. then every third.. etc... then eventually with just cool or at the most LUKEWARM water every now and then.

out of all the supplements and whatever... based on personal experience, i would stick with a moderate amount of omega 3s (try to not overdo anything.. no matter how healthy or promising it seems - too much of anything is just bad! full stop! :)) and with the zinc... multivitamin every two days could even be taken down to twice a week considering how many veggies you're eating (i think clearly it's not a vitamin deficiency!)... also with your metabolism, lots of protein and food is helpful. Don't go eating an entire pig every morning or anything but include protein and fat in every meal. All as natural as possible, too.

Best of luck to you - if you have questions or want someone to commiserate with, send me a message :)

yea, be careful not to starve your brain of carbs if you need them, glucose is what your brain runs on, but it can get glucose from fat and slowburing carbs, sugar is not absolutly necessary, perhaps one little shot here and there if you need it for heavy exercise, or after heavy exercise to quickly replenish blood glucose levels that were burned by the muscles.

chill out on the zinc, you "may" deplete other things while taking that much, its something to look into.

dont eat canned tuna fish if you already take omega 3, tuna fish is the most probable source for mercury contamination, if you are going to get it anywhere, itll be there, be done with that, and double check the quality of the fish oil you are taking as well, pay top dollar for that stuff.

Acne itself is stressfull so learn the mental game of the disease, i dont know if this is an issue for you but you need to learn to relax no matter what is going on in your life, meditation helps practice the relaxation response so that it is a more habitual response then say the stress/anxiety response, think of it as retraining your mind.

Magnesium- the word sounds passe, but i assure you your impressions of what this substance may do for your health, may not be consistent with the reality. Stress depletes magnesium big time as it is used to make atp for just about every cellular action in your body, also it is responsible for the muscles ability to relax after a stressfull event, this applys to the heart muscles and even arterial muscle walls that constrict in low magnesium states and stressfull states, most 60% of our bodys magnesium is stored in your bones and cells, and about 1% is in the serum, so even your doctor couldnt tell you if you were low. I recommend this book http://books.google.com/books?id=BuW6xwqlQ...gnesium#PPP9,M1

Its also been scientifically documented that all cellular processes slow down when your body is in a magnesium deficient state, as the proliferation of cells, say for even the immune system, need atp to accomplish this, i guess the same would apply to your brain cells too, so it may strengthen your immune system in some ways.

a great way to get magnesium is with this product http://www.calmnatural.com/natural-calm-plus-calcium

Also take b12 sublingual to keep your reserves high, if you are ever to reach a b12 deficient state you risk irreversible damage to the nervous system.

Eating alot of candy and sweets may affect our genes in crazy ways, and excess calories leads to the reduction of the bodys antioxidant defense systems, allowing for mistakes in dna transcription and causing errors in the ways cell reproduce themselves. like perhaps even sebaceous gland cells, and the like and this is one existing theory on acne cause, as well many other theories of disease and aging. Were are some rich fat fucks that eat too much garbage! ha

out of all the supplements and whatever... based on personal experience, i would stick with a moderate amount of omega 3s (try to not overdo anything.. no matter how healthy or promising it seems - too much of anything is just bad! full stop! :))

ill have to endorse this as well, especially with fish oil. Fish oil is prone to oxidation, so its has a high potential to turn into a pro oxident, which is really really bad as oxidants rob electrons from existing molecular structures, including dna!!! I dont want to scare monger because you shouldnt be scared you should simply be aware of its importance. This is why you should always pay for good fish oil that is not in a pill, so you can smell it and taste its freshness, when its starting to go bad you will be able to tell by the way it tastes, if it is in a pill you not have any real way of telling, perhaps if you get fish burps then you will know its bad, buts it better just to be able to taste the stuff.

Ah ok, yeah I was asking about how it worked. An overproduction of insulin is connected to an overproduction of sebum. The main thing I would focus on, personally, would be trying to keep your blood sugar, and thus your insulin, at more stable levels. Easiest way to do this is to reduce your carb intake.

and perhaps increase your magnesium intake as well.

read starting at page 92, 2nd paragraph on insulin resistance.

http://books.google.com/books?id=BuW6xwqlQ...factor#PPA92,M1

Hi everyone, I am 23 old student living in PA USA who suffers from acne like all you guys. Like many people, i did considerable research on the internet...read the ebooks, bought the supplements, derm, prescriptions, the whole gamut of things to do... yet I still get all types of acne that always leave dark scars behind... If anyone would have a clue as to what I'm still not doing correctly or doing incorrectly, it would be amazing...

Info about me:

-5'5 132lb

-100%japanese

-i eat a LOT but was tested to have VERY high metabolism for my age/weight/height group

-i get my exercise and sunshine but lately due to the yoyo-ing of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and school stress i havent felt like exercising AS much

-before my drastic dietary change i ate relatively healthy but snacked on cookies

-low blood sugar periods (almost all the time) and when i am hungry i am tired and cranky

- type of acne i get: cystic (if i JUST ate something bad), and millions of long term white heads that stay under the skin and take forever to go away

Here's my current DAILY dietary regimen that has not changed for about 2 months now.

Morning:

-Breakfast is a green smoothie I make: 3 frozen strawberries, small handful of frozen blueberries, slice of ginger, 3 tsp ground flaxseed, handful of raw spinach leaves, big handful of kale green leaves, 1 entire gala apple, 2 frozen dark cherries, 2 frozen blackberries, 1 frozen peach slice ----all mixed in the blender.

10am

- raw celery sticks eaten plain, or 2 hard boiled eggs, or occasionally canned tunafish

Lunch

-LARGE raw salad consisting of any mix of the following: celery, radishishes, cabbage, spinach, quarter of a carrot, eggplant, tomatoes, half an avocado, lettuce, field greens, cauliflower, brocolli, cucumber. The dressing is simply olive oil with balsamic vinegar

-snack on same 10am snacks (i try not to repeat the same snacks in the same day)

-i USED to snack on plain popcorn i kettle popped myself whenever i got hungry between meals (up to 3 large bowls) during the day but i stopped this because i felt it wasnt too good for me. In the end i think it may have caused my to breakout once so i stopped

- im still wondering what i could snack on... everything seems to break me out!!

Dinner

-Big bowl of vegetables I cook in a briefly in wok pan with olive oil. COnsists of any of the following: Brocolii, Green beans, quarter of a carrot, eggplant, cauliflower, radishes, tomatoes, mushrooms, cabbage, spinach, snow peas, green or red bell peppers

-MEAT of some kind, pork, salmon, fish, beef, usually not chicken again...and i season only with some herbs and cook in skillet with olive oil.

Night

OTHER NOTES

-I am ALWAYS hungry. I eat a TON of food. All i can think about is food (ANY), and it is taking over my life.

-I eat ZERO sugar, hydogenated oil, or oil of any kind except extra virgin olive oil, No flour products, no grains, no dairy, no tropical fruits, NO NUTS, use sea salt i HAVE to for a special recipes

-I had a period where i took multivitamins and various Vitamin supplements - A, B, C, D, E

-i had a period where i took fiber every day but i figure with my diet i get enough fiber

-i am starting to grow my own kefir and i plan to eat olnly the rinsed grains because the store bought kefir drink caused me to break out

* Once I was on the above no sugar diet, I had hypoglycemia so bad I could barely walk up stairs until I ate something for the first 2 weeks. But also my VISION improved tremendously- its crazy! and then i read one of the symptoms for hypoglycemia was blurry vision.

-i think i ate too much popcorn and although it didnt break me out for a good stretch it does now i think

+++ SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! i live and eat like a acne monk and yet i cant rid myself of acne (OR the nasty dark scars). For the amount of time and effort i put into eating healthy and following the anti-acne principles i think i should be doing a lot better... Moreover i am currently only living for things to eat... As i said, all i think about is food!! (Good and bad) and its not like I'm fantasizing about choclate cake...I am just HUNGRY! and i eat a ton of food! ahhhhhh!!!!!

-Ray

Try a glycolic peel. They get rid of scarring and help acne. They really helped clear up my acne.

Info about me:

-5'5 132lb

-100%japanese

Morning:

10am

Lunch

Dinner

Night

OTHER NOTES

-Ray

Try a glycolic peel. They get rid of scarring and help acne. They really helped clear up my acne.

glycolic acid is decent stuff, i use diacneal which is retinaldehyde combined with glycolic acid its on par with many prescription retinoids, although it works a bit differently, but the thing is its OTC and thats why its great. I actually stopped using my differin and instead used the diacneal.

Like others said, there are several foods in your diet that are common allergens. tomatoes, spinach and strawberries, for example.

Also, I think you should eat more for breakfast. Try sweet potatoes. very filling, full of beta carotene, hypo allergenic. I either have them with cinnamon and butter or olive oil and cajun seasoning blend full of cayenne which is good for digestion. Boil or steam and mash or slice and bake.

You don't have to make a food journal. Just eat something and make a mental note of how the food is making you feel. For example, dairy (butter is the worst) gives me a BAD headache several hours after eating any. Meat makes me feel really tense and my face gets itchy IMMEDIATELY (I also get cystic acne on my cheeks from it). Fruit makes me absolutely crazy and emotional. You just have to see for youself. It is so much better to do it this way than to go on a specific diet. If you have back problems, you'll notice which foods cause you distress ...

That advice would work for few people. I get no immediate or definite reactions to any foods, which would be why it never occurred to me that I had any allergies. And there's no way I'd ever make any connection to any food and something like back pain unless I tried a journal.

hey glass danse, with that high fat diet you are doing, you can stay acne free? and ive been staying away from nuts fora while, after reading the post about peanut butter i went and ate about a cup of peanut butter... i feel sick and im not looking forward to tommorrow morning...

for now ive eliminated my lemon juice and eggs all together and seeing how it goes. I have 3 new cysts formed right now...hopefully they will go down soon ..actually i ate peanut butter late last night too, they might be contributiong to the growth of these new cysts... i binged on peanut butter tonight but i think ill throw away the peanut butter contained tommorrow to prevent that from happeneing again.

and the sweet potato reccommendation is good but, im not sure that i can eat that being a hypoglycemic,,,

ALSO i believe there is a strong connection between acne and hypoglycemia. Ive been doing my own research and the more i read about it, the more it seems to link. Hypoglycemia can lead to type 2 diabetes eventually... i think i got the hypo from eating junk food...i blame the coporations for poisoning us by doing all sorts of bad things to our food....but anyway i think the next two days of experimenting is shot due to my peanut butter binge. by the way if anyone else has suggestions for different kinds of snacks that would be highly appreciated... right now since ive abandoned canned tuna and eggs, all i have are celery sticks and maybe a small salad i amke from ready-made salad bags and cauliflowers...

bye the way i will start a food journal tommorrow i think

thanks for all your responses so far

-Ray

So you can't eat meat, fruit, dairy and eggs. Do you know you just rulled out the three only sources that have complete proteins?

"The best advice I can give you is to stop listening to what anyone else says, stop reading these posts, stop eating things people tell you to eat. Open the fridge when you are hungry, look inside, and decide for yourself whether or not something will cause you acne. You don't have to make a food journal."

You are the perfect dummie of nocebo and placebo effect. Good luck though. That is a proven method that works on some people! :dance:

For breakfast, I cook about 6 eggs sunny side up with shredded coconut or cheese added while it cooks and sometimes have bacon, sometimes not. Lunch, I usually don't have or just have coffee with heavy whipping cream... but if I were to have lunch it might be chicken with broccoli. Dinner I have about .5-.6 pounds of meat (any kind really... chicken, buffalo, hamburger, lamb, veal, salmon) and broccoli, with added olive oil and spices after the broccoli has been boiled. Just as a note, I have been having the fat drippings from all the meat I cook.

Some snacks I have are celery with natural peanut butter or with hummus, and sometimes a can of tuna... but I don't buy peanut butter too often because I can have a whole 16oz jar in a day sometimes. Longest I have had a 16oz jar was for 4 days and I was surprised it lasted that long.

woah you eat like that and have clear skin, congrats! I don't think this is a good model diet for most people though :) At least for those dairy sensitive folks like myself...

Sorry to hear this, verve44. Cysts are a pain!

I can recommend Retin-A, if you have not tried it before. Get some allergy testing. Use Sebamed products. They really help!

http://www.sebamed.com/index.php?id=2174&L=1

It is possible to eat the healthiest diet possible and still have acne, regardless of what anyone here says. Try all the healthy eating approaches, but get some Retin-A and see a good derm as well.

Good luck, mate!

I don't think this is a good model diet for most people though :) At least for those dairy sensitive folks like myself...

Why not? I only have about an oz or less of shredded parmesan cheese with my eggs that I could easily forgo.

Oh yeah, the heavy whipping cream... I just finished finals so I would be drinking coffee a lot, figured I'd get some fat while I was at it, as heavy whipping cream is pretty much pure fat. It's not really a normal thing.

How much water do you drink?

I think the things that stands out the most from what you wrote is that you are always hungry and have a high metabolism and have hypoglycemia. I think you should look into that more.

Wheat causes upper thoracic back pain in myself, nuts cause lower back pain. Cherries cause cystic jawline acne, meat causes inflamed cysts on my cheeks. I found all of this out without a food journal. IMO, you have to be in the proper mindset (ie always doing experiments) for this no-paper method to work. It is possible, I am proof. Oh yeah, dairy gives me intense headaches the day after and eggs give me indigestion and bad bloating gas. Fruit makes me feel manic. This cleared my back problems, migraines, joint pain and ACNE in just over a month SANS food journal. Listen to your body and act accordingly.

Well, I think it's pretty dumb to be arguing about whether or not to write things down, but I'll reiterate that it would be a million times easier to notice connections if you record what you ate and how you felt the next day/week rather than memorize it all.