Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
permanentdaylight

i will never "grow out of this"

Hi everyone

So im 21 and iv'e had acne since i was like 11. it just gets worse and worse and it never gets better. i think of how lucky i was when i was 14 and it was barely ANYTHING and it bothered me then!!! i rarely see anyone wiht acne these days and its frustrating to feel like i will never get rid of it. Ive tried numerous creams, pills, i think accutane is the only thing to get rid of my stubborn acne. Unforutnately i can't go on it right now since im leaving the country for 5 months soon, and wouldnt be able to keep up month doctor visits obviously.

i guess i can wait 6+ months since ive had it almost my entire life...

anyways even though my acne is WORSE THAN EVER and its sick looking.. i just wanted to remind you all to stay positive and dont be afraid to venture out in the public!! I used to get so depressed from my acne, mainly in high school i guess beacuse of peers, etc. but now i realize that its really stupid. i mean, i still go out despite looking nasty and i still have a great time. i still meet new people who dont give a shiat and i still meet boys who want to date me. even though our acne makes us depressed, we will be even MORE depressed if we sit at home pouting about it, beacuse we will be holding back in other aspects of our lives by being afraid and self conscious.

i know its not a pretty sight, but honestly... people who matter don't care what you look like. i bet you my friends are used to it. i bet you once i get clear skin (fingers crossed! lol) i'll look almost wEIRD beacuse ive never had clear skin.

yes, i would be more outgoing and friendly if i didn't have acne. because of it, i am shy and i am extremely insecure. but i still try to live my life and have fun, and i try not to hold back beacuse im insecure.

so try not to let it get you down!!!

*sigh* I honestly think that the reason that I hate my acne so much is that boys dont want to date me. if they did, I dont think that I would care about my acne so much.

I tried my best living life and and have fun for 9 years. Didn't work. I hated every moment of trying. And now when I've practically gotten rid of acne, most things don't feel fun anymore. That's a bit f:ed up, I'd say :shifty:

*sigh* I honestly think that the reason that I hate my acne so much is that boys dont want to date me. if they did, I dont think that I would care about my acne so much.

I am 27 years old, and have accepted that I, too, will never grow out of this. It seemed for such a long time that if I ever accepted that, I'd be upset, or feel like I'd given up. But what it turned out to be was something much more freeing - when I accepted that I will have acne for the rest of my life, it gave me the freedom to stop worrying about it and simply view it as another part of who I am, like my brown eyes or chipped tooth.

Cheers!

ive also had acne since i was really young and im 21 now... and i couldnt stand the thought of having acne forever! so i finally got accutane 3 months ago... i was expecting a miricle drug which wasnt the case. there are a lot of annoying side effects and the initial breakout is HELL! mine lasted 10 straight weeks..... but i THINK its over now on week 12 and my skin is clear (just healing in some spots) but so far im glad that i decided to take accutane. i dont know what the long term outcome will be... but so far it looks promising. good luck!! i hope you find something that works for you