Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eg6947

A question abouts soaps and face cleaners

Hi Guys,

I got a quick question. Do soaps even mild ones like dove and Johnoson soap bars for babies cause any irritation or spots ? I do not know but I think my face gets a couple or red pimples after I use any soaps. I remember I felt the same even with a couple of medicated bars like MidActive and another one. I am chicken and cannot keep using it. I buy the soap bar or the face Cleansers and use it like once or twice and then if I see a spot I think it's because of it.

Any help ? Any recommendations ?

Thanks in advance !

Sam

i don't know if regular soap bars like dove irritate the skin, but i used to use over the counter medicated soaps for acne and they never worked. most of them caused more breakouts and dried out my face.

i know everyone's skin is different, but i use the head-to-toe johnson's baby wash and i really like it. it's simple & gentle. i wash my face more than twice a day and it hasn't caused any breakouts.

I remember when I first arrived here hearing that soap bars were bad.

But my friends derm told her to use Dove when she went on Accutane as it was gentle and non irritating and shes used it for years now and has never haad issues with it.

with all things acne, its depends on the individual what will or wont work for you. If you think a soap is breaking you out, then its probably not the one for you. doesnt mean all soaps will, you just maybe havent found the right one yet :)

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

http://facerealityskincare.com/img/Pore%20...Skin%20Care.pdf

The two sites above have information on pore-clogging ingredients. You can check the products you use against those lists. I recommend Cetaphil; it's terrific for my own skin. Others like Purpose. Some like Basic. In the UK, some like Simple. Dan's cleanser is nice and mild, too.