Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jokr

Blue/Red light is amazing!!! 90% clear after 1 week.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hello fellow acne sufferers. I would like to tell you my story and what has finally worked for me. I started getting horrible acne after summer and quickly decided to see a dermatologist about it. I got prescribed Retin A. I was hopeful and optimistic but this medication made my acne 10x worse, no joke!! I became depressed.

They put me on antibiotics, azelex, and benzaclin. Currently Im on this for 1.5 months. Needless to say the results are average at best with these medications. Certainly, I felt like they were not worth the money,effort, or sideffects.

I began to look for something new which I have never tried and soon enough I discovered blue light/red light. It seemed so simple. How can shining a light on your face clear acne?? I was skeptical. But then I remembered how great my face looked in the summer time so, I decided why not?

Ive only used the lights for 1 week and its basically cleared up my hormonal chin, right cheek, forehead. The other acne on my left cheek has dried up. I feel like within two weeks I will be COMPLETELY clear.

Ive done research and blue/red light is legit folks. The blue light at 415nm self destructs most bacteria(80-90% die). THIS IS CRUCIAL, as this allowed the p.acnes on my face to be under control when I apply my prescription medication and in short accelerated my results by miles.

Here is the link for the clinical trials: tandaskincare.com/research.php

Plastic Surgeons/ Dermatologists offer more aggressive blue light treatment but the cost of one treatment you can by a home device and use it as often as you want.

The red light helps with healing/inflammation/collagen production.

You can by tabletop lamps or handheld devices. I personally did my research on which companies offer legit devices as the wavelength of light emitted is crucial. I use the tanda. The only cons is that its time consuming and costs about 400 bucks. However, it is worth it and Im so happy. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

anyone else have success with blue/red light?

Hello fellow acne sufferers. I would like to tell you my story and what has finally worked for me. I started getting horrible acne after summer and quickly decided to see a dermatologist about it. I got prescribed Retin A. I was hopeful and optimistic but this medication made my acne 10x worse, no joke!! I became depressed.

They put me on antibiotics, azelex, and benzaclin. Currently Im on this for 1.5 months. Needless to say the results are average at best with these medications. Certainly, I felt like they were not worth the money,effort, or sideffects.

I began to look for something new which I have never tried and soon enough I discovered blue light/red light. It seemed so simple. How can shining a light on your face clear acne?? I was skeptical. But then I remembered how great my face looked in the summer time so, I decided why not?

Ive only used the lights for 1 week and its basically cleared up my hormonal chin, right cheek, forehead. The other acne on my left cheek has dried up. I feel like within two weeks I will be COMPLETELY clear.

Ive done research and blue/red light is legit folks. The blue light at 415nm self destructs most bacteria(80-90% die). THIS IS CRUCIAL, as this allowed the p.acnes on my face to be under control when I apply my prescription medication and in short accelerated my results by miles.

Plastic Surgeons/ Dermatologists offer more aggressive blue light treatment but the cost of one treatment you can by a home device and use it as often as you want.

You can by tabletop lamps or handheld devices. I personally did my research on which companies offer legit devices as the wavelength of light emitted is crucial. I use the tanda. The only cons is that its time consuming and costs about 400 bucks. However, it is worth it and Im so happy. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

IS THIS WHAT LASER IS??? DOES LASERS HAVE THE SAME EFFECT?

IS THIS WHAT LASER IS??? DOES LASERS HAVE THE SAME EFFECT?

no laser is much more concentrated and vaporizes some tissue; good for scar tissue. This is just a a very bright light at a certain frequency and it has no side effects unlike laser.

I've always wondered about getting blue/red light. But they are pricey and I would like to make sure it works before I buy one.

Is this IPL? Intense Pulse Light? I did this before it's pretty good. It's not permanent though. It's good for redness too.

congratulations. I might ask for a cheaper version of this for my birthday

I did the blue light treatment at the dermatologist but it was very expensive and slightly temporary