Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tflilal

No more acne, just scars left!

Ok so Dan's regimen WORKS!.. now the bad thing is that i have dried up red/brown spots left by the acne... should i stop using the regimen and let the spots heal? or will that be risking a breakout, or should i continue the regimen and just wait? Also if i use AHA with the regimen will that heal the spots because i'm thinking that if you apply the BP first... wont it just block out the AHA when you apply the AHA on, causing the AHA to have no effect at all? and vice versa.. just my thought, any opinions?

Ok so Dan's regimen WORKS!.. now the bad thing is that i have dried up red/brown spots left by the acne... should i stop using the regimen and let the spots heal? or will that be risking a breakout, or should i continue the regimen and just wait? Also if i use AHA with the regimen will that heal the spots because i'm thinking that if you apply the BP first... wont it just block out the AHA when you apply the AHA on, causing the AHA to have no effect at all? and vice versa.. just my thought, any opinions?

Don't stop the regimen, because then you will continue to breakout. AHA will help with fading the red marks. You should wait for the BP( 5-15 minutes) to dry, and then apply AHA. It will be fine, and you can also spot treat if you want. Meaning you don't have to put it on your entire face just the areas you have marks on. It will be fine, and very effective on your skin.

thanks for the reply, how long did it take for you to see improvements on your skin?

My skin was a lot softer after the first day, and I noticed a reduction in redness within the first week.

Great results after about a month!

Don't stop the regimen, because then you will continue to breakout. AHA will help with fading the red marks. You should wait for the BP( 5-15 minutes) to dry, and then apply AHA. It will be fine, and you can also spot treat if you want. Meaning you don't have to put it on your entire face just the areas you have marks on. It will be fine, and very effective on your skin.

so in two years or so when I would have probably grown out of acne your telling me that I will breakout cause im no longer using BP? This sounds like a pretty vicious cycle

so in two years or so when I would have probably grown out of acne your telling me that I will breakout cause im no longer using BP? This sounds like a pretty vicious cycle

You don't 'grow out' of acne until you're in your 50s. For some, the fight become easier and others, it becomes harder.

The only way to find out is to stop using it, and if you do break out, start using it again, and if you don't.. then hey you're a lucky person

I went through the same situation. My acne was gone and I wanted my scars to go away. I was seemingly fine for a couple days. By the 4th day, my acne came back. Scars I can live with, active acne though...nuh uh.

And from that day, I've decided to never stop using DKR until my bacne naturally goes away. I figure that'd be a good sign...

Yes, i agree well with Readme's Answer. The Aha+ will work very well to heal those scars and even lighten them with Glycolic acid. Since it contains 10% or so, it would work much faster than the Proactiv toner even though that one works pretty well.

Your scars should disappear completely within a month. Only time an tell.

thanks for the replies, well I am now exfoliating my face at night with baking soda, then using apple cider vinegar by diluting it with water 50/50, then i wipe it on my face. I wash it off after 10 minutes then apply the bp cream and so on. I just ordered the AHA cream and i was wondering would this be WAYYY too much by also applying the AHA at night along with everything else?

guys have found a really good product for red/brown acne scars and crummy skin tone...VITAMIN E. pure liquid, can be bought in walgreens in a small bottle. it says you can ingest it or put it righgt on the skin, and i do the latter. not too much, just a thin layer, and yes it will feel greasy, but it is GOOD OIL and will not make you break out, and it will stop the bad oil coming out of your skin, so it is good for acne, but it's primary thing is scars. just try it, its cheap and it worked really well for me, and i have resistant skin to stuff, so if it works for me, it will likely work for you guys

vitamin b5 wooooo!!!!

i tried dans regemin, you wont be able to maintain clear skin because nothing you put on the outside is going to stop what the inside is throwing up. And it dosn't really work. Just using water twice a day is better.