Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cupcake_19

What is ORTHO 7/7/7 !?!? Is that the same as tri-cyclen?

I was prescribed Ortho Tri-cyclen for the first time

When opened up my bag n looked at the box, (it's orange) and it said ORTHO 7/7/7 ... i googled it and it said that it's "ortho-novum" ..........is this a joke? did the pharmacist give me the wrong pills or is that what Ortho-tri cyclen called and i just didn't know?

SOMEONE PLZ HELP ME before i take them!

Ortho Novum and Ortho Tri Cyclen are similar but not the same medicine. Sometimes they will give you Ortho Novum when your insurance won't pay for Ortho Tri Cyclen. I don't know if this helps or not.

The only difference between ortho 777 and tri-cyclen is the type of progestin used.

Tri-cyclen has norgestimate.

777 has norethindrone.

They both have the same amount of ethinyl estradiol, though. I'm on Necon 777 (the off brand of ortho) because tri-cyclen didn't regulate my cycle.

I've been on it for about 4 months and while it hasn't been anywhere near the miracle cure for my acne that tri-cyclen was, it is steadily clearing up my skin. Also, no breakthrough bleeding or month long periods like I had with tri-cyclen. THAT was not fun.